collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10826
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
FDJ news
« on: December 27, 2013, 14:10 »
Best kit, nutcase manager, been through the dark ages and come out the otherside.

plus the have Offredo what is not to love.

and Pinot

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pinot-wants-to-make-peace-with-the-tour-de-france
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 16:49 by L'arri »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    Re: Offredo, Pinot and FDJ news
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 14:26 »
    plus DEMARE
  • ReplyReply

• hazard

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 15
    « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 15:25 »
  • ReplyReply

• August

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 215
    • Awards: 2013 Bingo Champion
    « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 17:43 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 21:04 »
    And Bouhanni.

did you hear Nacer is doing boxer training over winter.

all other sprinters are very happy :D
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 759
    • End of season blues...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 20:09 »
    I remember scouring bike shops far and wide for their original kit by Sibille.

Loved the tricolours across the shoulder and off set lettering down the sides.

I eventually found it and the matching silver shorts.
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 20:40 »
    http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/eye_operation_to_help_bouhanni_analyze_the_sprints/
    The boxer now also has improved eyesight (compared to before). Sprinters of the world, tremble in fear!
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 15:51 »
    FFS win something this year, Yoann, and be no longer famous for spectacular crashes or that whereabouts ban!

Justify the ridiculous depths of our love for you! Make it rain!

:cool
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 08:37 »
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=69207

GT

Yoann Offredo (FDJ, 1986), without becoming a major star in 2010 and 2011 embodied the spirit of French cycling: young, courageous, intelligent and gradually approaching the good, the best. However, a triple infringement ADAMS location in 2012 interrupted a career that flattered the French. "This season I want to be in line with 2011, continuing my progression. Last season I had to recover my goals, which could prove to be back there. But this 2014 will be different, it's a reunion, "he explains in an interview Offredo VéloChrono . Offredo received his punishment after the Tour of Qatar 2012. After the race catarí 2013 he returned to the competition. And again in the emirate aims to build round his return. "In a year I've improved so much. I have improved 10% my aerobic maximum power: it is a fact that gives me a lot of moral, means I'll get my 2011 level and even surpass, "says French. Offredo has grown dressed in the colors of the Française des Jeux. Although team manager Marc Madiot on occasion he protested their lack of reading and precipitation tactical race, acquired an important status in the team as the classic reference. But that reality has changed. "This situation is different from 2011, of course, but having a strong team for the cobbled classics may not be a problem. Now we have the trick of sprint with Arnaud DEMARE. And we also have to Ladagnous who took my place during my punishment [5th last year in the Tour of Flanders]. But we can complement Mathieu is different, closer to gamble at the end corridor, I love the attacks, would say I'm a romantic corridor. I love it when behind victory is a story, I am not big sprints. We can move in different scenarios, "he says.

The French rider suffered a fall yesterday in the Tour of Qatar and finished with the left scapula eroded, although x-rays ruled out any fracture which in principle will continue to race.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33 »
    Why do we love Offredo so much, those of us that do? For me, it has nothing to do with his waspish good looks or his heartbreaking screw-ups and crashes. It is his style of riding, folks. He is an aggressive, attacking rider who would do well in future to keep his powder dry for a little longer if he wants to win a Classic. He rides with guts and, with Boucher and Ladagnous, can often be seen tackling the last third at or near the front.

FDJ always seems to do well in the placings in the big Classics and the team earns a lot of its annual points tally this way. Mainstays like Ladagnous will sneak into the top 10 almost unseen through consistent riding and, dare I say it, through being underestimated.

Démare represents a different prospect though. If Bouhanni is FDJ's Kittel (bear with me on this ;)), then Démare is Degenkolb. He can be a contender in the future once he morphs out of the pure sprinter mould he befits as a youngster.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 10:17 »
    Why do we love Offredo so much, those of us that do? For me, it has nothing to do with his waspish good looks or his heartbreaking screw-ups and crashes. It is his style of riding, folks. He is an aggressive, attacking rider who would do well in future to keep his powder dry for a little longer if he wants to win a Classic. He rides with guts and, with Boucher and Ladagnous, can often be seen tackling the last third at or near the front.

FDJ always seems to do well in the placings in the big Classics and the team earns a lot of its annual points tally this way. Mainstays like Ladagnous will sneak into the top 10 almost unseen through consistent riding and, dare I say it, through being underestimated.

Démare represents a different prospect though. If Bouhanni is FDJ's Kittel (bear with me on this ;)), then Démare is Degenkolb. He can be a contender in the future once he morphs out of the pure sprinter mould he befits as a youngster.

Why is short terms, he reminds me of a Young #fdj Phil
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 18:32 »
    Démare to lead FDJ challenge in Classics

Démare is set to be one part of FDJ’s three-pronged Classics attack alongside Yoann Offredo and Matthieu Ladagnous

:fp

so that makes a sh*t load on sense
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 00:05 »
    Démare to lead FDJ challenge in Classics

Démare is set to be one part of FDJ’s three-pronged Classics attack alongside Yoann Offredo and Matthieu Ladagnous

:fp

so that makes a sh*t load on sense

Well, Boucher is out and it's important to remember that Démare is only 22. He might not be a prodigy on a par with Sagan but he has bags of potential and to start the Classics as a team leader at that age points to his precocity as much as it perhaps does to FDJ's lack of depth.
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 380
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    « Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 05:18 »
    Who is a prodigy on par with Sagan? I've said before, he's totally distorted many people's expectations of what a rider in their early 20's should be able to deliver.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 06:30 »
    Well, Boucher is out and it's important to remember that Démare is only 22. He might not be a prodigy on a par with Sagan but he has bags of potential and to start the Classics as a team leader at that age points to his precocity as much as it perhaps does to FDJ's lack of depth.

of course larri was more meaning the use of the heading and the text Demare to lead FDJ challenge then to be mentioned as a group of 3 leaders.
    The 3 leaders make sense the heading not

Who is a prodigy on par with Sagan? I've said before, he's totally distorted many people's expectations of what a rider in their early 20's should be able to deliver.

Agreed
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1738
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 15:40 »

Quintana but I agree.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 18:43 »
    This is pretty cool Demare sprint stage 6 Qatar.

watts , Heart Rate etc

http://www.suffervision.com/v/3144001
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5359
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014

al_pacino

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 86
    « Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 11:37 »
    Hardly a surprise. In Demare and Bouhanni they have the same rider twice, both with similar targets for the season. If you pick your first choice the other is sure to be unhappy.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9475
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 12:14 »
    mmh, I think Demare is more suited to the classics, so it's a bit like the situation with Kittel & Degenkolb at Giant (which is working pretty well). But in this case, both are french and propably want to be leader for the Tour de France, so that's the main problem I guess
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 12:21 »
    Plus one apparently is a psycho, 

Or Nutcase with a anger issue think I heard both, riders on FDJ get pretty peeed at Nacer apparently, so while he wins he is not liked for his aggressive nature on the team bus.

wins a lot though so should be ok
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 17:26 »
    Plus one apparently is a psycho, 

Or Nutcase with a anger issue think I heard both, riders on FDJ get pretty peeed at Nacer apparently, so while he wins he is not liked for his aggressive nature on the team bus.

wins a lot though so should be ok

Dunno about Bouhanni but he certainly doesn't come from the same recherché background as some of the other FDJ youthgroomed stablehorses.

In other news, I am a little worried about FDJ's results so far in Belgium. Hoping for more visibility this weekend.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13 »
    Speak of the Devil...

Bouhanni unhappy after non-selection for Milan-San Remo, CN today

He wins races for the team but this only confirms to me that he doesn't really fit in at FDJ. It is a warning shot designed to get him a better deal for 2015.

The two-bit punk schtick (flyweight boxer trash-talking tough guy) is kind of interesting but as a rider he lacks the broader potential of Démare at this point and there are way too many precocious talents at FDJ for Madiot to handle a Kittel-Degenkolb-Mezgec sort of balancing act (which is why I think, in the latter case, that Barguil will soon leave Giant-Shimano like Geniez before him).
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 14:23 »
    Bouhanni NOT selected for the Tour team, per tweets from the team itself. He has to be leaving.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Re: FDJ news
    « Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 09:07 »
    So, Bouhanni benched for the remainder of 2014 following unsavoury comments in a L'Equipe interview last Saturday:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-fdj-drops-bouhanni-after-french-interview

No love lost there, then. So what did pro cycling's favourite split-brow, gaptooth pugilist say to get Marc 'Angry Pants' Madiot, well, angry?

As the publisher of the "offending" interview, L'Equipe probably relished the news and quotes the following from Saturday's magazine:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/La-fdj-fr-punit-bouhanni/498082

I didn't like how things were going in the last year ... They made me stew the whole season ... I blame Madiot for letting me drift ... When I wasn't sure what was going on, there was nobody around to fill me in ... To me, in this life it seems like when you're not doing so well, the boss' response is just to deliver a low blow, to kick you in the arse.

Never slow with the facile boxing analogies, L'Equipe reports that Bouhanni was called by Madiot and quietly left the Vuelta, telling the publication that he had taken a punch.

Cycling is a small world and it functions on consensus. That consensus holds, among other things, that it is better not to burn bridges, which is precisely what makes Bouhanni's (admittedly rather mild) "trash talk" as risky as it is refreshingly different.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Re: FDJ news
    « Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 09:19 »
    It does seem pretty much a non event.

I was thinking last week amazing how they have Nacer riding the Vuelta, JV would have stopped him riding in July

And then last days Cycling's biggest nose leaves FDJ and the twitter account says thanks and I thought that was brilliant.

• ReplyReply

•