collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1745
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
nobody in this seems to have had clean hands.  :cool

Agree, I still see a main difference in that DCU is meant to be a governing body, if they think Hembo is an idiot or not should not matter to the choices they make, it is not that way the other way around. But definitely a lot of people with dirty hands in need of some

We've been popcorning this one for months thanks to the inside track from our very own Great Danes.

most welcome
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    As many of you know last year the reason for CWO quiting was in large part not getting invited to PDR. Last year Worre felt they did not have the level, and thus selected the standard three conti teams. This year when Cult moved up now he believes there is four teams worthy of the selection, including the questionable selection of Team Almenborg-Bornholm. I feel they should go, but how can DCU and Worre claim that Almenborg-Bornholm is more deserving than CWO last year. Clean up in isle three please!

https://twitter.com/veloropa/status/615449770149158912
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6512
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    As many of you know last year the reason for CWO quiting was in large part not getting invited to PDR. Last year Worre felt they did not have the level, and thus selected the standard three conti teams. This year when Cult moved up now he believes there is four teams worthy of the selection, including the questionable selection of Team Almenborg-Bornholm. I feel they should go, but how can DCU and Worre claim that Almenborg-Bornholm is more deserving than CWO last year. Clean up in isle three please!

https://twitter.com/veloropa/status/615449770149158912
    I agree, it's a pretty weird decision. Riwal, TFBW and coloQuick are entirely justified. Bornholm ... not so much.
    Yes, they won the Nakskov Post Cup ITT, but they were only so dominant there because all the other teams were riding UCI races abroad (well, except for #coloquick who came with 6 service cars).

Definitely a level of personal grudge at play there.

However, rumour has it that Worre won't be PDR director forever ... :shh
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's Pro Cycling Correspondent
    2018 Synergy Baku Press Officer; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    However, rumour has it that Worre won't be PDR director forever ... :shh

uhh, that is some of the best news all year.  :D

I agree, it's a pretty weird decision. Riwal, TFBW and coloQuick are entirely justified. Bornholm ... not so much.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    uhh, that is some of the best news all year.  :D
    Hold your horses. I just meant that he'll be too old for it at some point ... :D

No, but his removal from DCU last (?) year, limited to 'only' being PDR director, and the rather underwhelming peloton in the 2014 edition, point in that direction.
    He's being 'phased out' slowly, but I don't know more than that. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    Hold your horses. I just meant that he'll be too old for it at some point ... :D

No, but his removal from DCU last (?) year, limited to 'only' being PDR director, and the rather underwhelming peloton in the 2014 edition, point in that direction.
    He's being 'phased out' slowly, but I don't know more than that. ;)

He has a sort of Hein feeling to him, whoever they put in his place have so far been nothing more than a puppet like Pat it seems like to me
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    In case Cult fold Claus Hembo is threatening a return. Not sure if it is just hot air, but it could be interesting.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/nyt-dansk-hold-paa-vej-hembo-klar-i-kulissen/5675291 (Danish)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    In case Cult fold Claus Hembo is threatening a return. Not sure if it is just hot air, but it could be interesting.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/nyt-dansk-hold-paa-vej-hembo-klar-i-kulissen/5675291 (Danish)
    Seems to be more than hot air:
    http://feltet.dk/nyheder/christina_vender_tilbage/

Press conference on Friday at 2 pm.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    So 2017 I assume, which asks the next logical question, when is Santa's suspension up?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    when is Santa's suspension up?
    21/10/2017

So 2017 I assume
    I don't think so.
    Hembo has said to TV2:
    "You will definitely see Christina Jewelry Pro Cycling on the roads in 2016."

But of course, some wise-ass already found a solution for that: :lol
    https://twitter.com/lukascph/status/684856647710314502
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    21/10/2017

Damn

I don't think so.
    Hembo has said to TV2:
    "You will definitely see Christina Jewelry Pro Cycling on the roads in 2016."

So, do they take over another team? One of the conti teams, or could they have talked their way into taking the spot Cult had?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    So, do they take over another team? One of the conti teams, or could they have talked their way into taking the spot Cult had?
    Now we're entering the field of speculation, aren't we? ;)

I don't see them taking over one of the Danish Conti teams. And Stölting weren't exactly interested in him last month, going ahead with their announcement as planned instead of having a closer look at his proposal (whatever it was), and simply quoted a price that was higher than he was willing to pay (if we can believe Hembo's own word on it).

I'm as surprised by all this as anyone - I thought the Hembos were all talk once again.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    Now we're entering the field of speculation, aren't we? ;)

Well that is the field I live in ain't it?

Rejecting could just be smart negotiations, I mean nobody takes the first offer, and since TV2 says pro team, nobody seems more likely imo.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    TV2 says pro team
    They only say that because the logo on the press conference invitation reads "Christina Jewelry Pro Cycling".
    But: For 2016 alone there are six Continental teams who have "Pro Cycling" in their team name - so I wouldn't read too much anything into that. It's not a protected term, after all. Hell, the Bornholm team was called Bornholm Pro Cycling in 2014 when they weren't even a UCI team!
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    The rumour mill is churning:
    Cykelmagasinet point to #roth Roth ...
    ... Feltet.dk point to #stuttgart Team Stuttgart.

We'll know in just over 24 hours.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10890
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    and

https://twitter.com/MRasmussen1974/status/685071000103448576

But I think the Team Stuttgart connect makes the most sense
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2219
    • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
    Team Stuttgart it is:
    https://twitter.com/cj_procycling/status/685531412829724672

They seem to have retained the Team Stuttgard kit design:
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    They seem to have retained the Team Stuttgard kit design:

That looks quite good, actually. :cool
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    http://feltet.dk/nyheder/to_danske_ryttere_offentliggjort_paa_christina/
    It's official; the first two *dk riders have been signed:
    Frederik Zeuner and Morten Gadgaard will ride for CJPC[1] in 2016.
     1. that's what I'm calling the team right now - CJ is already taken by a member of ours :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6180
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    I found this quote from Crappy Watches alumnus Hampus Anderberg mildly amusing:

[Joining Belgian team T-Palm was] the best decision of my career. Before that I was in the Christina Watches team. It was a total mess. We got no support whatsoever. After the Swedish nationals, I got a chance to switch teams. I didn't hesitate for long and I don't regret that decision at all.

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/63938/hampus-anderberg-le-jour-et-la-nuit-avec-la-belgique (FR)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Recent Posts

Re: U23 news, results, rumours and all that jazz by L'arri
    [Today at 09:05]

Re: Smaller Race Results and Discussion 2018 by t-72
    [May 24, 2018, 21:02]

Re: Tour des Fjords by LukasCPH
    [May 24, 2018, 20:54]

Tour des Fjords by L'arri
    [May 24, 2018, 19:29]

Baloise Belgium Tour 2018 by L'arri