collapse

sublimit

• National Champion
  • Liked: 159
I'm kind of like this in real life, like prone to getting stuff wrong and completely f#cking up at times.  I just try to bluff my way through most of the time!
 I'm also a better listener than talker hence a fairly low post count here and thats a similar trait to real life I suppose.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    what??
     ;D :fp :-*

You missed out there, I had to switch to the cycling race shoutbox because it was making me blush!  :fp
  • ReplyReply

• Dr. Horrible the Mad Elephant Man

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 63
    I talk as little as possible in real life, especially about me. Here none of you know the real me so I can talk all I want.
  • ReplyReply
  • BMC and Cadel Evans fan
    I have chosen not to be able to receive private messages except from administrators.

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    People have 3 "personalities":

The person they think they are.
    The person others think they are.
    Who they really are.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    People have 3 "personalities":

The person they think they are.
    The person others think they are.
    Who they really are.

And maybe even more important than the above three: What the person thinks others think they are. That idea is what that person will act upon: to confirm or attempt to change the image he has in the minds of others and make it closer to what that person desires to be. Thus who they really are is unimportant, if such a thing even exists.

Anyway, I'm not very different here or in reality I think. Serious, bit quiet, not always as ad-rem as I'd like to be.. Even in the anonimity of a forum like this I find it hard to voice opinions and post things, since I feel most of you know much more about cycling than I do. I mostly only speak when I feel I can add something to the conversation, which can be a good thing but in practice means I'm just really quiet :P
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    And maybe even more important than the above three: What the person thinks others think they are. That idea is what that person will act upon: to confirm or attempt to change the image he has in the minds of others and make it closer to what that person desires to be. Thus who they really are is unimportant, if such a thing even exists.

Anyway, I'm not very different here or in reality I think. Serious, bit quiet, not always as ad-rem as I'd like to be.. Even in the anonimity of a forum like this I find it hard to voice opinions and post things, since I feel most of you know much more about cycling than I do. I mostly only speak when I feel I can add something to the conversation, which can be a good thing but in practice means I'm just really quiet :P

And not a bad quality at all. But I am sure you have lots of input about cycling....not everyone is always correct here either!  :)

It's a good place to share opinions and thoughts!
  • ReplyReply

• pedaling squares

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 107
    My online personality has suddenly become more narcissistic and aggressive.
    I won't start any threads about me, but I will read them endlessly and either litigate or unleash my minions to right any perceived wrongs.

Live strong!
    :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • "Well don't run with the riders, you twit."

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    And not a bad quality at all. But I am sure you have lots of input about cycling....not everyone is always correct here either!  :)

It's a good place to share opinions and thoughts!

its amazing how quickly one can move from lurking, to posting occasionally but thinking you have nothing to say, to having opinions, to spreading your thoughts liberally shotgun style across the forum with no regard to whether anyone wants to hear them

took me about 2 weeks
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 984
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    To be fair to Slow Rider, he does usually have something meaningful to say.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    unlike you and I, ram    ;D 
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    only harsh to include herself....
    AG was just being her usual gentle self and being polite to a third party in the conversation.
  • ReplyReply

• usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 81
    i never speak. i always type things, so yes. ;D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    My online personality has suddenly become more narcissistic and aggressive.
    I won't start any threads about me, but I will read them endlessly and either litigate or unleash my minions to right any perceived wrongs.

Live strong!
    :fp

will you start bullying us?  8) :police:
  • ReplyReply

• Dekker_Tifosi

• Super Saiyan 3
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 3
    I'm far more calm in real life. I just like some excitement on forums  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Road Captain
    its amazing how quickly one can move from lurking, to posting occasionally but thinking you have nothing to say, to having opinions, to spreading your thoughts liberally shotgun style across the forum with no regard to whether anyone wants to hear them

took me about 2 weeks

Took me a lot lot longer than that on CN forums, now I don't care if I get things wrong, display my ignorance to everyone. If people want they can just shoot my errors down. I know I don't know everything so just tell me when I get it wrong.
  • ReplyReply

• Road Captain
    In real life I am a bitter angry man, I don't talk to people most of the time to the point of outright rudeness. I sometimes go into to shops and buy stuff without talking to the shop attendent, just give them what I want, then the money and walk out. They might as well be machines as far as that goes, but people need jobs so replacing them with those self services things is a total and utter joke. I do not use them, make sure I get served by a real person even if I do not talk to them.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner

Dr. Horrible the Mad Elephant Man

• Road Captain
    What happens if the 'thing' you want is behind the counter?

I only don't talk when I am having a bad day and it is not vital to getting what I want.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    I only don't talk when I am having a bad day and it is not vital to getting what I want.

but then I would never speak  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Boomice

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 6
    • #DickRobertson
    I try to be truthful to myself at all time. In real life it's the same as around here apparently. You've got people that can put up with me and people that can't. Overall I have noticed that being myself around everyone has enabled me to forge very strong friendships with people, because they really know who I am.

I try to be as open as possible, I try to be straight-forward at all time. I always try to be honest, even if it means I will offend people. The people closest to me all think these are good traits, the people furthest from me despise me for them. I guess it's the same around here.

I also try to remain frivolous about life. I don't think I was set on this planet to change anything and I don't think I have a specific purpose, except having fun and caring for the people I love.

That's all I had to say.

Much love
    boomcie
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    I try to be as open as possible, I try to be straight-forward at all time. I always try to be honest, even if it means I will offend people. The people closest to me all think these are good traits, the people furthest from me despise me for them. I guess it's the same around here.

I am very similar, i frequently say what I think which invariably gets me in trouble. Many people find me cocky, arrogant, rude, patronising etc, but the ones who matter know where Im coming from.

However, ive learnt, that in online communities, where there is no facial expression, body language, or tone of voice, I have to tone down my personality a little.

Something that I may say with a smile on my face and that causes no offence to my friends, when written down without the benefit of tone of voice, or facial expression may come across very very differently.
  • ReplyReply

• Sizzle

• Owner of Liquigas & Garmin
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 144
    • Vale Craig1985

However, ive learnt, that in online communities, where there is no facial expression, body language, or tone of voice, I have to tone down my personality a little.

Something that I may say with a smile on my face and that causes no offence to my friends, when written down without the benefit of tone of voice, or facial expression may come across very very differently.

Good point, Dim. All that non-verbal stuff in face-to-face interaction is so important. The interwebz and email can be a minefield unless people signal their intent clearly. I also try to take care. Probably over-use emoticons in the doing so.  :)  :-[ 

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    Good point, Dim. All that non-verbal stuff in face-to-face interaction is so important. The interwebz and email can be a minefield unless people signal their intent clearly. I also try to take care. Probably over-use emoticons in the doing so.  :)  :-[

No such thing Sizz!  Personality comes through with emoticons too! lol  :-* :-*
  • ReplyReply

• Scott SoCal

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 3
    The same, I think.  I have two priorities.  Cycling an beer., uh, beer and cycling.  No, definitely cycling first, then beer.  Unless it's afternoon, then it's beer first.  Then cycling. ::)
  • ReplyReply

• usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 81
    The same, I think.  I have two priorities.  Cycling an beer., uh, beer and cycling.  No, definitely cycling first, then beer.  Unless it's afternoon, then it's beer first.  Then cycling. ::)

you can do both, at the same time! ;D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜

you can do both, at the same time! ;D

I wonder if it is refrigerated
    brrr
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner