collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11134
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

froome19

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2048
  • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
RIP Keith

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 12834
  • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Re: 2014-15 Team sponsorship watch
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2014, 08:49 »
Bardiani seems to be satisfied

97TH GIRO D'ITALIA SPONSORSHIP REPORT

Two months after the big finale of Giro d’Italia, Bardiani – CSF Pro Team is very proud to present some fantastic results of the sponsorship value achieved. Numbers that confirm again how profitable and smart is for a company choose pro cycling as promotional tool.

The results below have been collected together with the international marketing agency REPUCOM and are divided between three principal communication channels: TV, Internet and Print.

OVERVIEW
Adding these three items Bardiani – CSF Pro Team has reached during the Giro d’Italia a totale net sponsorship value of 12.088.023 Milions of Euro (QI Media Value), with an increase of 3-times compared to the last edition.
Splitting the result, TV has been the 82%, Internet 14% and then Print with 4%.

Sponsor benchmark between 2013 and 2014 increased significantly with some company that went over 400% than last Giro edition.

While a comparison between the team, Bardiani – CSF Pro Team has ranked in 4th place as sponsorship value produced, the best italian and clearly the first as team invited via Wild Card system.

TV
Analyzed 171 countries around the world, TV coverage for the Giro d’Italia has been 2.910:57:09 (h:mm:ss), that gave an audience of 378.850.000 of viewers  (184.300.000 in Italy).

Bardiani – CSF Pro Team reached a worldwide visibility of 172:23:25 (h:mm:ss) that means a net sponsorship value of 8.463.101 millions of Euro!.
In Italy the visibility arrived to 21:21:24 (h:mm:ss) with a gross sponsorship value of 3.666.868 millions of Euro.

The stage that gave the highest visibility was the 17th with the famous Stefano Pirazzi’s win: 28:34:40 (h:mm:ss) global visibility and a sponsorship value of 1.246.395 millions of Euro.

INTERNET
More than 2.700 mentions that have reached around the world 925.865 contacts (58% in Italy).

CARTA STAMPATA
Finally about Print there have been 437 mentions and 653.467 of contacts around the world (25% in Italy).

QUOTES

Andrea Ferrari, Managing Director of CSF Inox Group”We are really excited that next to sport victories achieved at the last Giro d’Italia there are others economic results that strengthen and make more value to our sponsorship, that as Group (Bardiani Valvole, CSF Inox, MBS and OMAC) has been extended till end of 2016. These numbers don’t surprise us because we know how good and profitable is sponsor a cycling team. The visibility and brand awareness produced by our team during a worldwide event like Giro d’Italia is fundamental for us, it supports our international placement and the creation of relationship with new customers that always more know us thanks to the cycling team sponsored”.

Mattia Palombini, Marketing Manager Bardiani – CSF Pro Team:”As team we are really proud of these results about visibility and sponsorship R.O.I. achieved during the 97th Giro d’Italia. But the thing that I want to emphasize is these numbers have a pratical side. In fact during the last weeks we have signed several renews of sponsorship contracts all based about what happened at the last Giro. Beside this, it’s also changing our relationship with sponsor. With a strong co-marketing strategies we’re working closely with all of them to generate the best and highest sponsorship value”.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 656

Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 810
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 13:51 »
    Twitter says they are in for Betancour
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7409
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 15:33 »
    Twitter says they are in for Betancour
    "Twitter" can be made to say pretty much anything though.

Who exactly on Twitter says that? Some people I wouldn't trust further than I can throw them with "news" like that - others I know often tell the truth, sometimes weeks (or months) ahead of the official announcement, but necessarily somewhat convoluted.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 16:14 »
    I can't remember and I can't now find it, that's why I generalised...  :-x ;)
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #127 on: August 07, 2014, 13:25 »
    After it being said that Tinkoff wanted the team to be just Tinkoff it is now confirmed that Saxo re-ops

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/saxo-bank-continue-co-title-sponsor-tinkoff-saxo-2015/
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    « Reply #128 on: August 09, 2014, 19:07 »
    after the Tinkoff-Sagan deal, is Specialized ready to put the big $$$ until 2017 for Sagan, after Alberto contract ends next year?

They surely have the money to support 3 teams, and it would seem mad to let go Nibali-Aru-Boom or Sagan-Bertie-Majka or Cav-Boonen-Kwiatek
  • ReplyReply

• Vimto

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 130
    « Reply #129 on: August 10, 2014, 03:54 »
    Could it be possible that these big money transfers have anything to do with Specialized withdrawing from sponsoring their women's team from next year? I haven't heard anything but it might be connected....
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #130 on: August 10, 2014, 05:04 »
    Could it be possible that these big money transfers have anything to do with Specialized withdrawing from sponsoring their women's team from next year? I haven't heard anything but it might be connected....
    Possible - but there needs not be a connection.
    Compared to other sports (football comes to mind), sponsoring a men's cycling team costs spare change. Sponsoring a women's cycling team is again only the spare change of that spare change.

In other words: I'd be surprised if Specialized put even close to 1 million € into #lululemon Specialized-lululemon. And even if they did, that would only buy them 1/4 Sagan - so it can't be the whole explanation.
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    Re: Team sponsorship 14/15
    « Reply #131 on: August 11, 2014, 14:42 »
    Anything definite on the Dutch lottery squad yet?

My man on the inside isn't as confident its going to happen now.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11134
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #132 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50 »
    https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/499080951650332672

so not all clear Dutch cycling still not sponsor sorted
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12834
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #133 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10 »
    Roompot is not a major factor though, they were rumored to become Belkin's third sponsor.

With Orange they can probably have a much more prominent role for the same amount of money.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #134 on: August 12, 2014, 12:13 »
    Well, the talk was that Roompot would want to be at least co-name sponsor - no exact figure on what they're offering though, some claimed reports a million but others said the amount would be more. So the fact that they are discussing this would cast some doubt on that Lotto deal. Unless BrandLoyalty wouldn't be the title sponsor for the cycling team, but only for the ice skaters. Anyway, if the Lotto deal doesn't happen and Roompot steps in with a few million instead, they might make it for next year as they've also set aside 2.5 million from the Rabo days and have the Bianchi money, but they'll be in trouble again the year after. So for the Belkin team, the Lotto option is still by far the best looking one for long-term stability.

As for Orange, last I heard was that they're about half a million short of being able to set up a team. Roompot is offering at least two times that - they've already reserved the money and offering the same amount to both teams, according to themselves. So that could mean the team would end up a bit bigger than intended. Not a bad prospect.

What's interesting though is that there is no mention at all of Giant in this. Does that mean that team already has found someone? Surely they'd be interested in signing a moderately big Dutch sponsor if Giant wants to reduce its funding. Perhaps the earlier 3M rumours had some truth to them?
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #135 on: August 12, 2014, 13:33 »
    I had forgotten they were short too.

Is there still Argos money slushing around a la the Rabo/Belkin funding?
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #136 on: August 12, 2014, 14:53 »
    I had forgotten they were short too.

Is there still Argos money slushing around a la the Rabo/Belkin funding?

Not that I know of. It was the team who broke with Argos as they had a new sponsor, not the other way around. So it wouldn't make much sense if Argos would continue to pay for the team. That the new sponsor then pulled out at the last moment is not Argos' fault. Giant just stepped in to fill the gap, so I don't think the team has any money left to spare at the moment.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #137 on: August 12, 2014, 16:30 »
    Possible - but there needs not be a connection.
    Compared to other sports (football comes to mind), sponsoring a men's cycling team costs spare change. Sponsoring a women's cycling team is again only the spare change of that spare change.

In other words: I'd be surprised if Specialized put even close to 1 million € into #lululemon Specialized-lululemon. And even if they did, that would only buy them 1/4 Sagan - so it can't be the whole explanation.

Id be amazed if they put half a million into lululemon. Its really only a domestic team that rides some bigger races.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #138 on: August 12, 2014, 16:33 »
    no - etixx is a sport nutrition supplement made by Omega Pharma.

Same sponsor, just different name on the jersey

same as the situation with "predictor" lotto, just using one of their brands rather than the overall group.

Bit like 02 appearing on the MOvistar jerseys.

edit: but reading further see that someone has already said this :D
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #139 on: August 12, 2014, 19:02 »
    It seems the decision has been made by Roompot: On Wednesday, Orange cycling will present its main sponsor for the next 2 years at a press conference at the Eneco Tour. A deal has been made for two years with the option for a longer period.

http://nos.nl/artikel/685617-orange-cycling-vindt-hoofdsponsor.html
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #140 on: August 14, 2014, 08:46 »
    As a kind of aside as I used to show a bit of brand loyalty to Vacansoleil, are Roompot's decent places to stay?
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    « Reply #141 on: August 20, 2014, 20:32 »
    Garmin Slipstream to ride Cannondale bikes

velonews confirms they will ride Cannondale until 2017 included.

As for the team’s color scheme Vaughters said that lime green and argyle will, well, merge.

GREEN POC HELMETS?  ;)

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/08/news/slipstream-sports-confirms-cannondale-sponsorship_341719#3yruBMRysFCXdKtq.99

big S question

will Specialized still keep his 3 teams? Astana, OPQS, Tinkoff-Saxo

and after, apparently, Alberto deal with Tinkoff and Specy ends in 2015, will Specialized focus on keeping Sagan for a few years (I'd guess Specy helped Oleg with a few good $$$ to get Sagan on board)

ps. I'm a new Sagan fan, after he left Liquigas-cannondale. I never liked the green team and rudy project :P
    so that's the kiss of death to Peter's season  :lol. my favourite riders rarely win
    I'm a new Moser fan. same reasons as above, and a big + now he rides for JV
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 20:48 by pastronef »

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #142 on: August 22, 2014, 16:49 »
    #raleigh get a new, old co-sponsor, starting at the Tour of Britain:
    http://sailing.gacpindar.com/gac-announces-new-three-year-partnership-with-team-raleigh-cycling/

GAC is back, for three years. Not sure if that means 2015-2017, or rest of 2014 and ending in 2016.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1606
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #143 on: August 23, 2014, 01:37 »
    yep agreed

belkin gree shouldnt be seen at all ... just go with the bianchi colour which is lovely  :D

. . .

You know, they do say there is a genetic difference in vision - specifically in COLOR vision - i.e. it ain't always the same.

Hmmm. True, that. Bianchi green. Reminds me of a particular green that was popular for housing in Florida (US) in the 40's- 50's - 60's. Well, I exaggerate. By the early 60's, it was known as puke green. Lovely shade. Righto.

Sorry, I digress - what was that you were saying about green? Did you mention your work? Wow - I didn't know you did that! It sounds hard!
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #144 on: August 25, 2014, 22:30 »
    Something that slipped past my radar ...

Feltet.dk: Designa Køkken stops, Team coloQuick rises (in Danish)
    Perennial *dk cycling sponsor Designa Køkken will no longer be a part of the peloton in 2015.

But #anpost Team Designa Køkken - Knudsgaard continues, with Calvex (already a secondary sponsor for the team) stepping up and signing a three-year deal to promote one of their new products internationally - coloQuick, something with the raising of calves (young cattle, not the ones cyclists use, although I look forward to many puns on this).

Hoping for an invitation to the Tour of Denmark.
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    « Reply #145 on: August 26, 2014, 12:26 »
    Tinkoff Saxo has a deal with Oakley for 2015

Oleg confirms

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=889765564384301
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #146 on: August 31, 2014, 10:29 »
    #cult CULT Energy Vital Water have called an "important press conference concerning the team's future" for tomorrow, held at CULT's main offices.
    The team manager Christa Skelde will be present, as will CULT's founder Brian Sørensen and CULT CEO Lars Klausen.

That doesn't sound like "we will stop the sponsorship" at all.

ProConti?! :shh :angel :D
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #147 on: August 31, 2014, 10:46 »
    ProConti?! :shh :angel :D

I think so, it seemed like they really wanted to in a program about them I've seen some time ago. I am not sure it is a good thing, they have done so well in getting the best out of their young riders.

Wonder if they signed Lars Bak...
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6772
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #148 on: August 31, 2014, 12:23 »
    NetAPP 2015 version

Bora-Argon18

http://www.argon18bike.com/news/compagny/argon-18-signed-partnership-bora-a18.html

Quite a step up for Argon 18. You see a few around here in Belgium and I often ride past the home of a guy I believe to be the sole importer of them. Promo always seems to be tri-focused. Not sure if that's a brand history thing or just the perception I had.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #149 on: August 31, 2014, 12:37 »
    Quite a step up for Argon 18.
    They used to be the bike sponsor for *ca Spidertech, Steve Bauer's Canadian ProConti team that unfortunately isn't around anymore.

The latest talk is about #smartstop Smartstop moving their registration to Canada for 2016 and becoming ProConti the same year. I'd like that very much.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts