collapse

doncontador

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 2
TCR Advanced SL 2012 just got it and installed the Ultegra DI2 on it. The 2 front holes in the head tubes which usually fit with the mechanical cabling are remained opened as the DI2 wiring is going within the hole underneath the top tube next to the one with the rear brake cable hole. Anyone knows how to block these 2 holes in the front of the head tube so it won't remain open?
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    TCR Advanced SL 2012 just got it and installed the Ultegra DI2 on it. The 2 front holes in the head tubes which usually fit with the mechanical cabling are remained opened as the DI2 wiring is going within the hole underneath the top tube next to the one with the rear brake cable hole. Anyone knows how to block these 2 holes in the front of the head tube so it won't remain open?

you just want to fill them in so rain etc doesnt get in?

I use Sugru for everything

http://sugru.com

Basically its mouldable plastic putty that sets solid as plastic. so would be solid, waterproof and easy enough to drill out should you want the holes re-opened.

range of colours is limited though.
  • ReplyReply

• doncontador

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 2
    you just want to fill them in so rain etc doesnt get in?

I use Sugru for everything

http://sugru.com

Basically its mouldable plastic putty that sets solid as plastic. so would be solid, waterproof and easy enough to drill out should you want the holes re-opened.

range of colours is limited though.

So do I just mould it in my hand round it a bit and stick it inside? Would it get dry and stay there?
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    you mould it like plasticine, its slightly adhesive. it sets as rock hard plastic/rubber

you could either just plug the hole with it, or make a t shaped plug that fits the hole that you could remove at a later date with pliers or something, its pretty flexible stuff.

basically anything you could do with plasticine you can do with it, but it dries rock hard as plastic.

i usually pick mine up on ebay. use it for all sorts of things.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 325
    Bit late on the reply, sorry... the TCR/Propel SL bikes usually come with a full DI2/Mechanical 'kit' allowing the rider to swap between the two... if your TCR doesn't have the kit I suggest getting in touch with the bike-shop (or, [spit!] website) you bought it off and ask for it. Or contact Giant UK, and I'm certain they'll help...
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.