collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10733
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
AG2R news
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:08 »
Really good team now, so much has changed since Nico left, for the better

JCP Bikini Carlos, Pozzo plus a group of solid performers whats not to love about the brown bombers

https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/455960978224857088
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 16:55 by L'arri »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    Re: AG2R news
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:27 »
    Peraud "leader" in a sprint... sign of the times. Or maybe it means he will try a 40km solo.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9003
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34 »
    Peraud "leader" in a sprint... sign of the times. Or maybe it means he will try a 40km solo.

Tour de France, not Amstel  :)
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:35 »
    rofl. Nice 2.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:38 »
    Betancur as a domestique will propably be as useful as Gadret
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1511
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 14:01 »
    Betancur as a domestique will propably be as useful as Gadret

Makes perfect sense.......................................if you are French. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5793
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 19:11 »
    Mundo Ciclistico: Betancur con dificultades para correrlo

Betancur should have come to France on the 3rd June. He didn't.
    In addition to that, his work permit/visa is expired.
    Lavenu is peeed, Betancur says he didn't receive the plane tickets and cites fatigue and bad form.

Seems like we have another Rujano character here: Brilliant rider when things go his way, but unstable and prone to do something unexpected. :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 20:38 »
    Mundo Ciclistico: Betancur con dificultades para correrlo

Betancur should have come to France on the 3rd June. He didn't.
    In addition to that, his work permit/visa is expired.
    Lavenu is peeed, Betancur says he didn't receive the plane tickets and cites fatigue and bad form.

Seems like we have another Rujano character here: Brilliant rider when things go his way, but unstable and prone to do something unexpected. :fp

One word. Professionalism.

Actually, there's another too but it's not for this section of the forum.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 21:44 »
    ah, yeh, that's what I tried to indicate when I posted that photo of him in Colombia last week. I was hoping it would stay a bit under the radar though...

on the other hand, AG2R announced he would be dom for Peraud at the Tour months ago, so that probably didn't help, regarding his motivation...
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 21:46 »
    ah, yeh, that's what I tried to indicate when I posted that photo of him in Colombia last week. I was hoping it would stay a bit under the radar though...

on the other hand, AG2R announced he would be dom for Peraud at the Tour months ago, so that probably didn't help, regarding his motivation...

Also a bit dumb from AG2R side should let 'em both ride and find out on the road like last year with Pozzo and Betancur in the Giro.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 22:27 »

Well, Péraud looks pretty bad right now. AG2R are going to end up praying for a Bardet stage win after eggbasketing the Giro.

Or else, they press Betancur into leadership. Every perrito gets his day, right?
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 22:32 »
    Peraud is something like 45, he can't be on top in every race  :P

he just came back from holiday + altitude btw. It's more or less his usual schedule, peaking for the one week races in spring, doing a bit of a break to slowly come back in shape for the Tour
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 22:34 »
    Peraud is something like 45, he can't be on top in every race  :P

he just came back from holiday + altitude btw. It's more or less his usual schedule, peaking for the one week races in spring, doing a bit of a break to slowly come back in shape for the Tour

Eh, taking care to not already be at the peak of your form a whole month before the Tour is so 1990s. ;)

Hoping for a strong ride from Jicé this year though. Heart went out to him last year in that TT crash.
  • ReplyReply

• zinoviev letter

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 144
    « Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 01:33 »
    ah, yeh, that's what I tried to indicate when I posted that photo of him in Colombia last week. I was hoping it would stay a bit under the radar though..

Was the photo of interest because it showed him still in Colombia or did he look out of shape? (I'd go look myself but I can't find it.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17 »
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 09:41 »
    from today's l'Equipe

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 14:43 »
    There is an echo of Rujano in there, but I cannot really believe that these individuals do not fully appreciate the importance of contract fulfillment.

It surprises me that there isn't some insistence on maintaining a European base during the season. Times have changed in terms of flexibility of travel but when your team expects you to race, you have to be there, right?

How can one imagine this sort of dereliction from a rider who, like so many of his peers, has put in so much to get to the top of the sport?

As a result, I find the Lavenu story a little hard to swallow. He is however, according to the article Search posted, a recidivist. He was hard to recall last year too.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3242
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 15:29 »
    I posted this in the TdF thread, but it's probably more pertinent here...

If I was Vincent Lavenu, I'd be pretty peeed off. There was apparently an article about Betancur's situation in l'Equipe today. He was quoted as saying that dismissal wasn't on the cards, but if he can't race, I wouldn't expect to be paying him!

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/476300961770930176

https://twitter.com/cjwaine/status/476301799406972928

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/476302624778911744
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 09:28 »
    Betancur still bugging me.

Here is a kid who won Paris-Nice, got a bit sick and now doesn't want to race. Lavenu reckoned he had some similar attitude problems ahead of Burgos last year.

I remember why AG2R bought him. He was clearly very talented at Acqua e Sapone but also a reliable finisher. Looking at his race history, he rode very full seasons in Italy. Rarely was there a month when he was not riding somewhere or other, from February or March to October.

I would be surprised if he ever had time / was allowed to go back to the old country during the season back then.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:53 by L'arri »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 11:50 »
    Bikini Carlos not riding Suisse confirmed by AG2R
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 09:58 »
    interview with Christophe Riblon from today's l'Equipe (gt)

"I would like to wear the yellow Jersey."

CHRISTOPHE RIBLON, winner at the alpe of huez last year, already has a plan in the head for the tower. And he's not afraid to discover: "the second step pleases me much", he says.

Fog is the cause of his fall in the descent of the Grimsel, Sunday. He was left "to a few body aches" that slowed it a little overnight, the arrival in Heiden bump. But the sun shines in the head of Christophe Riblon. Here it is catapulted leader of AG2R the world puisquePozzovivo, then 5th of the general, had to give up on the morning of the second stage. And his good time on Saturday opened his appetite. "I'm really good. Suddenly, I'm ambitious for the second timetrial (Friday) and two arrivals at the top (Saturday and Sunday). There will not be 10 guys who will climb better than I. No doubt Pinot and Kreuziger, but not others. » 19th on gc, 39* seconds behind TonyMartin, the hero of the Alpe-d'Huez is aiming for 5th to 7th place. At 33 years he already salivates towards idea of devouring his seventh Tour de France.

"As the first step - a time trial of 9,4km - shows 23rd to 39" Tony Martin), you seem to have found your pedal stroke

Yes, in general it is not the first day of a stage race that I am the most powerful. '' But it is in line with what I was hoping. I have the opportunity to do something to the general, especially since Pozzovivo is gone. Considering how I've worked the last month and a half, I'm in condition for a result. With the team, was ten days in Briançon, I spotted the stages of the Tour de France to Risoul and Chamrousse. I worked on the climbs but also the chrono. I followed up with the Tour of Bavaria, where I did the intensities, and then I did a week at AIX with my wife and the girls. I'm at my weight of form (67.5 kg), nearly 500 grams.

A single goal: the Tour de France?

I've lived so beautiful things that I obviously want to perform. In fact, I would like to wear the yellow Jersey one day.

So you have studied the course...

yeah, I have beautiful stuff in mind. Stage 2 (York-Sheffield) pleases me very much. Given the bumps that the mark, the breakaway could go at the end.

And that said escaped, said Jersey yellow since the first step should play the Sprint...

of course! Stage win and yellow Jersey. I guess if Cavendish is yellow after the first stage, the Quick Step will not defend his Jersey up to Sheffield. It's too hard for him. One who takes the Jersey there may keep it until the Vosges if it passes the cobblestones without problem. And me, even if I do not Paris-Roubaix, I know that I have no problems on the cobblestones. But you saying it, I am trying to get a shot in the foot, everyone will know what I mean... After the Tour of Switzerland, we're going to recognize the Vosges steps. Here too, it opportunities and then before it is a massif where I have not yet won. Otherwise, it will remain Risoul, Hautacam... In any case, I urge the team so we have recognize l es last sixty kilometers of the stage of Sheffield the Thursday preceding the departure. Usually, we like to stay peinards in two days of the race, but I think it would be too con of not to do so. It will rest Friday.

You stay on a very quiet start to the season (0 victory)...

at the beginning of the winter, I wanted to run Milan-San Remo and Tirreno-Adriatico. And then there was the accident of Arnaud Coyot (died in Guillaume Levarlet car returning from a night). I was longer. I delayed my preparation and the team has made the choice of leave me alone. I got gently on the Ardennes and I found that I had a very good level. Last year, back problems had delayed me and I had been very well in the round, then perhaps that subconsciously I wanted to reproduce this pattern. Between Vincent (Lavenu, the manager), directors sports and me, a climate of trust is installed. I have the privilege of age and the results. Last year, Vincent had taught me my selection for the Tour after the Championships of France. There, I know that I'm going for a long time already (there are more than a runner out of nine to designate). At AG2R, believed I can do in the top ten, or even better. And then I'd that one wins the team ranking (AG2R La Mondiale was third last year and has just won this classification in the Giro). Last year, had handed me the price of the most combative rider on the Champs Elysees. Get on the podium, it's a gimmick... So, I would like to revive it with the team.»

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 15:27 »
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/08/despite-poor-form-and-previous-tensions-with-team-betancur-to-remain-with-ag2r-la-mondiale/

This raised an eyebrow. I would have thought AG2R would get rid but then again, it hasn't signed any other really big names since August 1st.

Lavenu is bending over backwards, in my ill-informed opinion, offering up all sorts of personal incentives for Betancur. You have to expect a bit of quid pro quo after this.

Still doesn't change my mind that I would prefer to have seen him jettisoned, raw talent or not. His behaviour is not a good example to others :Sleepy:
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1933
    • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
    « Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 20:48 »
    And he shows his gratitude and commitment by finishing 190th, behind most sprinters, on the first serious stage
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 13:39 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/betancur-must-lead-life-of-champion-athlete-says-lavenu

It is hard to believe that AG2R and Betancur have buried the hatchet, reading that article. Lavenu is always very cautious anyway but I suppose we will know more come Spring.

At best, Betancur is a poor communicator. At worst, he's rather unprofessional, and that has been my impression of him this year. That said, there were no indications of such dissent at Acqua e Sapone, where he rode more or less complete European seasons. Something doesn't quite add up.

I think he must have been unable to buy his way out of the AG2R contract because I can't see why he would stay after the mess he made. Perhaps no other team wanted to find the money to do that. If he's signed up until 2016 inclusive, then that would certainly be expensive.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 13:47 »
    It is hard to believe that AG2R and Betancur have buried the hatchet, reading that article. Lavenu is always very cautious anyway but I suppose we will know more come Spring.

At best, Betancur is a poor communicator. At worst, he's rather unprofessional, and that has been my impression of him this year. That said, there were no indications of such dissent at Acqua e Sapone, where he rode more or less complete European seasons. Something doesn't quite add up.

I think he must have been unable to buy his way out of the AG2R contract because I can't see why he would stay after the mess he made. Perhaps no other team wanted to find the money to do that. If he's signed up until 2016 inclusive, then that would certainly be expensive.
    He did have some issues with Acqua e Sapone signed a contract with AG2R while still signed with them, can´t remember now if he road an extra year for the Soap team or not, it was messy

Sounds like his manager is not helping things

but agree the money he wanted would have matched his guts and other teams would have laughed, he had backed the wide load into the corner, if he is half smart he will come back to Europe and rip legs off people for 9 months and sign a fat contract  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 14:09 »
    I think the issues at A&S were more or less similar, he probably just had less freedom to take long mid season breaks for them to unfold completely.

Lavenu needs to keep him on a short leash if he wants him to be successful - whether he'll be able to...no idea. But Betancur potentially is the most complete rider there is - and that seems to be something Lavenu is aware of.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Road Nats 2017 by Leadbelly
    [Today at 19:34]

Re: Men's Transfers 16-17 by Leadbelly
    [Today at 19:26]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by LukasCPH
    [Today at 18:17]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by Leadbelly
    [Today at 17:06]

Re: Men's Kits 2017 by LukasCPH