collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10576
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

ansimi

• Domestique
  • Liked: 238
Re: AG2R news
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2015, 09:37 »
Classics plus Tour would be a much more suitable plan for Betancur but I can totally see why the team doesn't trust him with that plan - especially the part of the plan where he would rest between the classics and the Tour. He has a bad track record when it comes to resting.

It seems so late to not know Spring racing goals and could be tough to have any proper form peak.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8838
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #62 on: March 06, 2015, 09:51 »
    yes, with his newborn son, I can understand that he prefers to be back home sooner than later, but there's definitely a big risk of losing focus again.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #63 on: March 06, 2015, 10:07 »
    What he wants is to look good before the transfer season kicks off. Because there is no way he stays with #ag2r after this year.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5711
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #64 on: March 06, 2015, 10:25 »
    He has a bad track record when it comes to resting.
    I profoundly disagree - he has a phenomenal track record when it comes to resting! :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 23:42 »
    Betancur will start for the Colombian National Team in this week's Vuelta Marco Fidel Suárez

~pdf startlist
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5711
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #67 on: July 15, 2015, 07:05 »
    Betancur will start for the Colombian National Team in this week's Vuelta Marco Fidel Suárez
    Well, at least he's racing again.
    But I think his time at #ag2r is coming to an end.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4689
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #68 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39 »
    I saw him on the provisional start list for the Pan-Am Games too.

Hopefully we'll see him at San Sebastian and Burgos too before the Veulta.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #69 on: July 15, 2015, 10:15 »
    Well, at least he's racing again.
    But I think his time at #ag2r is coming to an end.

#ag2r would be crazy to keep investing in him. At best he has been suspiciously erratic and at worst totally unprofessional. Rujano 2.0.
  • ReplyReply

• Murrjt

• A Brother
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 510
    « Reply #70 on: July 25, 2015, 11:29 »
    Just looking at the results from the Vuelta Marco Fidel Suárez, Bananito doesn't appear anywhere in them and also it seems like he didn't turn up for the Pan American games either despite being expected.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:44 by Murrjt »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #71 on: July 25, 2015, 11:45 »
    yeah, looks like he didn't start - he just seems to be too busy at the moment

• ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3791
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #72 on: July 25, 2015, 12:00 »
    Just looking at the results from the Vuelta Marco Fidel Suárez, Bananito doesn't appear anywhere in them and also it seems like he didn't turn up for the Pan American games either despite being expected.
    Thanks for editing that, I was a bit confused why you were talking about la Vuelta and why you called Fat Cat "Marco Fidel Suárez Bananito" :P
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Murrjt

• A Brother
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 510
    « Reply #73 on: August 10, 2015, 18:41 »
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #74 on: August 10, 2015, 18:52 »
    he is in Italy at least, together with the family. So there's some hope

https://instagram.com/p/6HvL4Klf8H/

(Ristorante La Nina, San Martino in Colle, Italy)

if he will come back in shape until the end of the season is a different story I guess...

edit: the little one has a "Handsome like Daddy" t-shirt by the way :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #75 on: August 11, 2015, 11:52 »
    he is in Italy at least, together with the family. So there's some hope

https://instagram.com/p/6HvL4Klf8H/

(Ristorante La Nina, San Martino in Colle, Italy)

if he will come back in shape until the end of the season is a different story I guess...

edit: the little one has a "Handsome like Daddy" t-shirt by the way :D

I don't care when he comes back, quite frankly, just so long as he doesn't come back in a #ag2r jersey.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #76 on: August 11, 2015, 11:55 »
    I don't care when he comes back, quite frankly, just so long as he doesn't come back in a #ag2r jersey.

what burn the witch how dare you talk badly about the Fat one  :D

It does bring an interesting point up though Where does Carlos go?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #77 on: August 11, 2015, 11:59 »
    what burn the witch how dare you talk badly about the Fat one  :D

It does bring an interesting point up though Where does Carlos go?

Any big Euro team has to realise that hiring this unprofessional waster means taking a significant risk. #ag2r desperately needed a rider like him two seasons ago whereas now that team's outlook is very different.

His standout P-N performance, in which Slagter's bad luck played as much of a role as his own riding, now seems like a long time ago. Until July 2014, Betancur could argue that he was needed. Now his pile of bargaining chips is getting light.

Since that P-N he has mostly hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons and there are plenty of talents prepared to work harder and more reliably than he has.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3220
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #78 on: August 11, 2015, 12:03 »
    Now his pile of bargaining chips is getting light.

Did he eat all the chips, L'arri?
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #79 on: August 11, 2015, 12:36 »
    the thing is that he looked okay physically all year, and his family even moved to Italy with him as far as I know. Maybe it really is a different problem - either motivation, or health wise. That tweet mentioning "angina" (it also means problems with the heart in French, I guess?!) last week was deleted quickly though.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 09:10 »
    quite a good article (in French) about Hugo Houle, his plans for 2016, and what it's like to live together with Antoine Duchesne

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/bcf6067d-5014-40c1-b8e0-4227d35e5e5e|_0.html
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:29 by L'arri »

pastronef

• National Champion
    • Liked: 540

t-72

• Domestique
    • Liked: 1011
    « Reply #83 on: November 23, 2016, 22:31 »
    Well, it seems to be going kinda slow at the AG2R camp, wonder if they'll catch up to speed in time for 2017 season. :D

https://twitter.com/sondreholstenge/status/801202136843423745

My browser doesn't load the tweet....click on the link to see this film if yours is as unfriendly as mine...
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 09:28 »
    Well, it seems to be going kinda slow at the AG2R camp, wonder if they'll catch up to speed in time for 2017 season. :D

https://twitter.com/sondreholstenge/status/801202136843423745

My browser doesn't load the tweet....click on the link to see this film if yours is as unfriendly as mine...

This seems to be an online trend at the moment, these scenes filmed in real time but with 'cast members' frozen into a particular pose. It is called "Mannequin Challenge". I don't follow social media much these days so I'm not sure of the origin, but it has certainly what the kids call "gone viral".

This may not be you, but recent versions of Firefox have implemented "tracking protection" (a shield icon in the left side of the address bar), an option to block certain third party scripts, including the one from Twitter used to render tweets, because they record basic data about the end user. As a result, anyone with tracking protection enabled will not see tweets embedded on this or any other non-Twitter website.
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• National Champion

pastronef

• National Champion

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #88 on: April 19, 2017, 12:56 »
    I missed those interviews with Sebastien Turgot over the winter. He didn't have many good things to say about his former team...

(gt)

Sébastien, after nine years with the pros, you will not leave next season. How did your adventure end?

Very bad. To tell the truth, it really did not finish well with the team Ag2r La Mondiale. I feel like I was taken for a :censored, I like the eleven riders who were at the end of the contract. I was not renewed despite all the sacrifices made for the team and good returns I had. The current situation has led to the shutdown of several teams and put more riders on the market. And for Vincent Lavenu it was not difficult to find new candidates. I ran three years with Ag2r La Mondiale but today I think I made a mistake by signing in this team. I did the job for the others when some advised me to run more for my face. Everyone does it, but me it is not in my mentality. And I was not rewarded for that.

[...]

With Ag2r La Mondiale, we started on the classics with four leaders. In this context it was impossible to make a result. Already the big leaders do not always arrive with an entire team at their service and the means put around them ... We did not have appropriate equipment. The classics were disputed on the same bikes as the climbers, with unsuitable casings. The settings were not good. I even developed a tendonitis in 2015.

[...]

Clearly, we have never benefited from the means that are those set up for climbers. The Ag2r La Mondiale team is climbers, climbers, climbers. The rest we do not care. We were not lodged in the same way. Romain Bardet, who has everything he wants as a leader, could leave when he wanted to train in Sierra Nevada with two or three riders, two masseurs, a mechanic, a coach, a sports director ... We, When we wanted to go on a stage to prepare the classics, we had to pay out of our pocket.

[...]

After the sacrifices made for the team, not being kept was hard to cash. I then went through a bad period during which I no longer touched the bike. Added to this was an unexpected check in the summer that I missed at my home. I renovated my attic, the bell did not work, and I did not hear knocking. The UCI personally advised me of this first no-show but by honesty I preferred to alert the team. I had exchanges by mail because from then on nobody answered me by phone. And in retaliation I was forbidden to run until further notice. They were not correct, they disgusted me with the bike. And then after weeks without any further contact, I was reminded one day in October that I would run Paris-Bourges and Paris-Tours.

I went there, yes, even though I had almost done a meter of bike since July. There, I had dealings with Calimeros. Suddenly the guys came to see me, took news, all were afraid that I would flip a lead or put them on the face - it was seen in this team. I raced Paris-Bourges and Paris-Tours until the refueling, which was already a great performance given my level and the speed of the peloton.

http://www.velo101.com/pros/article/interview-de-sebastien-turgot--15945

(gt)

Your season was not that bad?

No ! Afterwards, we had little problems with my former boss, he was not very frank with his runners. But hey, it's like that, it's the world of sport. It is more a universe of sharks than bisounours.

How does the story end?

Very bad. I do not like people who are not honest and have no respect for the riders.

Have you kept in touch with your former teammates?

No. It was over, it was just co-workers, it was not friends. I completely turned the page, I bike for my pleasure as before with people I love and I appreciate and not with people who do not care about my mouth.

Have you not regretted leaving Europcar (Direct Energie since 2016)?

Sincerely, yes! I wanted to go back, I recalled at the end of the season. I really wanted to stop my career but I thought that if I wanted to find a team, it was Direct Energie. Just realize two years and finish my career in a team that I appreciate. Afterwards, things happened, I did not understand their recruitment. There is a runner like Bryan Coquard who needs someone to take him to the sprint, which I know to do but they preferred to take Jonathan Hivert. I do not find the interest. Luckily they have friends in the bike. Unfortunately, the bike is like that, the results do not count too much, everything runs through the circle of friends.

https://actuteamsport.com/2017/02/13/sebastien-turgot-je-suis-loin-detre-arrive-chez-les-amateurs-pour-faire-mon-champion/
  • ReplyReply

•