collapse

Vespertine

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 86
Quality Respray on a Wilier Le Roi and stuff....
« on: April 28, 2014, 20:59 »
Hello everyone!

I have three bikes in various stages of build. I went totally nuts with my "best bike", changed direction completely and bought A Campy 80th Anniversary Groupo and the wheels to match, Ultra Bora 2's with different Graphics really. Anyway, I have that one nailed.

It does leave me with a lovely set of Enve Wheels though + Powertap, which are Dura Ace, so am going to put them on my Wilier Le Roi as a training / winter bike.

The thing is the frame is still in great shape and I really do like it, so want to keep it. It is in the old Lampre colors, so want to see if I can freshen it up aesthetically. It is all a bit brash at the moment.

I have been searching online but cannot seem to find anyone in the UK that advertises paint jobs for Carbon Frames.

I have my dream fixie on the go also, so there will be some questions about that coming too, however everything kind of hinges on getting the Wilier resprayed, so I thought I would see if anyone knew of anyone that does this. Preferably in the UK somewhere of course.

I was toying with the idea of putting the Enve's on my fixie, but then thought that might be ridiculous and the powertap might be put to better use.

Cheers!
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 904
    Hello everyone!

I have three bikes in various stages of build. I went totally nuts with my "best bike", changed direction completely and bought A Campy 80th Anniversary Groupo and the wheels to match, Ultra Bora 2's with different Graphics really. Anyway, I have that one nailed.

It does leave me with a lovely set of Enve Wheels though + Powertap, which are Dura Ace, so am going to put them on my Wilier Le Roi as a training / winter bike.

The thing is the frame is still in great shape and I really do like it, so want to keep it. It is in the old Lampre colors, so want to see if I can freshen it up aesthetically. It is all a bit brash at the moment.

I have been searching online but cannot seem to find anyone in the UK that advertises paint jobs for Carbon Frames.

I have my dream fixie on the go also, so there will be some questions about that coming too, however everything kind of hinges on getting the Wilier resprayed, so I thought I would see if anyone knew of anyone that does this. Preferably in the UK somewhere of course.

I was toying with the idea of putting the Enve's on my fixie, but then thought that might be ridiculous and the powertap might be put to better use.

Cheers!

There must be someone for sure, ask local car paint shop or LBS. In fact any car paint shop should do the job, it will cost you and must strip all parts before. IMHO no worth of money if old paint is good.
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Vespertine

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 86
    There must be someone for sure, ask local car paint shop or LBS. In fact any car paint shop should do the job, it will cost you and must strip all parts before. IMHO no worth of money if old paint is good.

Yeah fair point Sir ... Thanks for the pointers, I will ask around and see if is worth it. I know it shouldn't all be about the aesthetics of the bike, and it isn't, I just want my cake and eat it ... and then I want them to bake me another one :)

There is something about the Lampre colors that I like though, the big brash WILER (in fact I think it even says Wilier.it) from the gear when massive graphics were in, seem a little out of place these days. Maybe I could have the decals taken off.

Thank you!
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 904
    Yeah fair point Sir ... Thanks for the pointers, I will ask around and see if is worth it. I know it shouldn't all be about the aesthetics of the bike, and it isn't, I just want my cake and eat it ... and then I want them to bake me another one :)

There is something about the Lampre colors that I like though, the big brash WILER (in fact I think it even says Wilier.it) from the gear when massive graphics were in, seem a little out of place these days. Maybe I could have the decals taken off.

Thank you!
    I mean good paint job is really nice, but with carbon and if old is good lot of really nice hand sanding have to be done. There is some special chemicals (not paint striper) but dont recomended even manafacturers claims no harm epoxy itself, carbon will be good. Acetone is diferent story and can be used for removing glue from carbon tubular not paint. So you have to find someone with time and nerves to do the job.

Anyway lets see how good paint job makes ugly bikes really nice.
    That guy ordered that awesome green :), and its totally different bike that in boring white or black or blue.

Other guy was even more crazy and bike looks awesome, not Colnago style paint job but still nice yellow :)

This once was Specialized Transition seat post :D

No, thank you mate!
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Topics