collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1784
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Brave predictions for 2014
« on: April 30, 2014, 19:28 »
Always found predictions threads a bit boring because it just ends up with being a lot of stating the most general thought views, so here it is the prediction thread only for the not so easy achievable predictions.

A few of my predictions:

1: A Lampre rider will win a GT in 2014

2: Sky will miss the TdF podium, Kwiatkowski will make the podium. Wiggins will wear yellow, Froome will not.
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1042
    Re: Brave predictions for 2014
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 19:38 »
    Always found predictions threads a bit boring because it just ends up with being a lot of stating the most general thought views, so here it is the prediction thread only for the not so easy achievable predictions.

A few of my predictions:

2: Sky will miss the TdF podium, Kwiatkowski will make the podium. Wiggins will wear yellow, Froome will not.

Don't agree about your first one but I definitely agree with the second one. Based on the season so far I think I'd go for a Contador, Valverde, Kwiatkowski podium at the Tour.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 19:44 »
    Don't agree about your first one but I definitely agree with the second one. Based on the season so far I think I'd go for a Contador, Valverde, Kwiatkowski podium at the Tour.

Maybe the second one is disqualified for being to obvious then? I think Lampre has some good options to win, Horner at the Vuelta, maybe now missing the Vuelta he will ride the Tour. Cunego has looked strong so he is a bid for the Giro as well. Costa can't be forgotten either.

3: Fränk Schleck will finish higher in the TdF GC than Vincenzo Nibali and Andy Schleck will NOT DNF
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 21:00 »
    1. @froomecat will be real bitchy about wiggins riding at the tdf14
    2. froome will be off to BMC at the end of the year.
    3. tinkov will lost it at the tdf about all the doping questions to bertie
    4. walsh's pysophantic portrait of froome will put several people into fits, frothing at the mouth
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 21:40 »
    4. walsh's pysophantic portrait of froome will put several people into fits, frothing at the mouth

These are great, almost have to try and top them, thought about going GVA doesn't get a 2nd for the rest of the year, but I can't really say I believe that.

4: Bjarne Riis won't get banned, the ADD report will never get published.

5: Chris Horner will race the tour because injuries prevented him from doing the Giro, Chris Horner will be Alberto Contador's main rival.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    Re: Brave predictions
    « Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 22:17 »
    6: When the Schlecks contracts are up they will sign with Tinkoff, and Andy will become a TdF dom for AC.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 23:09 »
    1) Ryder Hesjedal will podium the Giro - Mark my words..
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4001
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 00:44 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   :fp :fp :fp

:D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7409
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 18:35 »
    Found this while trawling the forum.

Great fun to look back at how people made fools of themselves. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 20:25 »
    Found this while trawling the forum.

Great fun to look back at how people made fools of themselves. :D

This is really four predictions, and Wiggins had no chance at yellow. That is Sky's fault, so I claim force majeure and count it as 3/4. "Missin' a door, three out of four // Ain't bad -- but is it safe to drive?"[1]

3: Fränk Schleck will finish higher in the TdF GC than Vincenzo Nibali and Andy Schleck will NOT DNF

I'm a f'ing idiot ain't no other words for it 0/3 smh

4: Bjarne Riis won't get banned, the ADD report will never get published.

Still alive on this one   :party

5: Chris Horner will race the tour because injuries prevented him from doing the Giro, Chris Horner will be Alberto Contador's main rival.

One out of two that is I suppose. Also who could have known AC's biggest rival at the TdF would be gravity?

6: When the Schlecks contracts are up they will sign with Tinkoff, and Andy will become a TdF dom for AC.

Ouch again
     1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evlb8E0ZoNk
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts