collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10833
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
how to do a race preveiw thread 101
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:48 »
Ok folks I am writing this from my tablet which sucks.

Where to start, cyclingfever (CF} and procyclingstats (PCS)are you friends. cyclingfever procyclingstats

I use CF alot as their front page is great for what races are coming up, not as good as cj's of course, then I see a race and think yep I will do that, click.

ON CF

what you get on the 1st page of a race is gold, usually a race logo, and down a bit previous winnners list and a link to the offical race website,

finding the infomation

I usually click on the offical website look for news, usually there is a about this years race article, Google translate that, usully laugh a lot at the translation.

Then I look for maps,, profiles from the offical website or CF or PCS look to see who's are easiest to use and try and use the websites, sometimes you have pdfs which involves using print screen and making images ( we can talk about that in 202).

So now we have,
 offical name
 rank ie WT 2.2 ,
 website,
 maps ,
 profiles
 a race logo
 maybe some images of last years race

If there is no good article on this years race I try and write something myself, sometimes this is good other times like the TTT of the Giro sh*t so I just used the small amount of info I have, but this is where you can go crazy ie Fus and write and write and wax lyrically or not.

so now I have my text .

setting up the Opening post main body

I always left float and image and then use the text next to that.I assume we all know how to put images is and left or right float?

[float= left][img ][/img][/float] the jpg inbetween the img and no gaps

after the text I might add a video promo that the race has done

then the route and if they have a big route map that as well

the each stage ie stage 1 belfast to belfast 219 km 9th may

under here goes
map
moutain profiles
last kms profile

if available

repeat for all stages

I might then do a look at the gc, sprint favourites blah blah

then previous winners with year, name and country flag , there is a thread in here for the codes *ua is * ua no gap

then I might add videos of last years race and a hyperlink to startlist and race website.

[u rl=****]###[/url]  **** is the link to the website and #### might be start list I always use   pcs again no gap.

but all you need is name, rank of race, date

map, profile and tbh nothing more

after you post the thread there is one step more, link to the calender

after you post the thread it is important to link to the calender,  under the thread click on link to calender follow instructions,  but check that the date of the race, the thread icon etc are still there they disappear when you modify the OP.

but play around go as crazy as you want, I drive Dim nuts with my floating of images :lol

hope that helps,  any questions

ps anyone want tomdo a Giro preview we still have some going so thats how I do maybe search or someone else can write how they do it ]
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:21 by just some guy »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014