collapse

kevchenko13

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 92
Cheap jerseys: best brand?
« on: June 13, 2014, 10:07 »
Hi,

I managed to secure a bargain Altura s/s jersey last year as the pattern was being phased out and then got myself a couple of Aldi l/s ones in the autumn for the winter ride.  All fine.

However I could do with some more s/s ones for the hotter weather and missed Aldi's event for those this year.  So, I've found the following three sets of bargain jerseys:

Tenn, notably this one.

Decathlon (B'Twin), here.

Sports Direct (Muddyfox), here.

Anyone got any experience of these brands' jerseys?  The two cheaper ones have GBP4 delivery so all three come in at about £10 each. (Also very tempting to pick up the replica FDJ jersey!)
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3257
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    Re: Cheap jerseys: best brand?
    « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 10:14 »
    Jerseys no, but I have long been a fan of Decathlon in general. My shorts are from there and - although I don't do great long rides - are comfortable and of good enough quality that they haven't fallen apart. I'd say that, if you are happy with the fit, you can trust the B'Twin brand.

No knowledge of the other two, I'm afraid, although I have an inherent mistrust of anything from SportsDirect...
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

kevchenko13

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:57 »
    Thanks CJ2002.  Yeah, Sports Direct is Mike Ashley's company, isn't it...
  • ReplyReply

• kevchenko13

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 20:54 »
    I've gone for a Tenn jersey, the 'sprint' one, which has a bit more about it than the cool flo.  One of the main reasons was I found a 10% discount code online for Tenn: TENOFFTENN , which seems to be valid still even though it appears to have been around for ages.

Another one I considered was dhb through Wiggle.  I'll report back if I remember!
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4078
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 02:13 »
    I bought a cannondale and a shimano jersey from wiggle - and they are both good.

cheap, black/plain, comfortable and good.  I am happy with them
  • ReplyReply

• kevchenko13

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 23:06 »
    So, reporting back.  The Tenn gets a  :cool from me.  Initially didn't feel as soft as the Altura but a few washes in and it's lovely.  Looks pretty good too.  Recommended.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts