collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10890
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Tim Krabbé The Rider
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:46 »
Via Twitter Meseguer

Tim Krabbé – Riding (2014) is an intimate portrait about Dutch writer and cyclist Tim Krabbé (Amsterdam, 1943).

Riding was inspired by Tim’s participation in the Tour of Flanders 2014 cyclo-tourist ride of 245 km. At the age of 71, Tim is still an active cyclist. His novel The Rider, first published in 1978 and translated into English in 2002, is considered to be “the best writing on the subjective experience of cycle-racing”.

In this short documentary we interweave Tim’s moving story with historical photos from his ‘first racing life’ and his participation in the Tour of Flanders, which symbolizes his ‘second racing life’.

Soigneur developed this documentary in collaboration with Faithful to the Subject, HelloHero and Etxeondo. The film is directed by Faithful to the Subject and joined by cameraman Nanko Goeting and editor Tim Roza. Kees Riphagen was responsible for the grading and Bart Kalkman for the sound-design.

really good video.

might have to buy the book.

maybe echoes can fill us in with results etc?
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4080
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Re: Tim Krabbé The Rider
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:00 »
    Funny I didn't know he was a cyclist :)

Sounds like a cool book
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 397
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 13:18 »
    The book is a very good read indeed. I can highly recommend popping down to the local library and borrow the book – today!
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1350
    « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:23 »
    Sorry JSG but I didn't know he was a rider either. Did he turn pro? De Wieler doesn't seem to have a file about him.

Perhaps AK-Zaaf might help you if he still comes around. ;)

For years I've been trying to find the book in Dutch but never found it. Is it sold out?
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)