collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10812
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Trek Cycling news
« on: April 22, 2012, 17:52 »
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:41 by just some guy »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    Re: RaNT News
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 18:01 »
    Must warm the cinders of what is left of Saxo (without Contador) for Riis to see the dismal failure of RSNT.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 19:43 »
    1st we get identical tweets from Fabs and Andy how great the pre-season camp was

then we get the whole JB not seen on the Make up of RaNT

we get the whole its our team from Becca and JB but saying the complete opposite

we have no news from Becca for ages

then we get the start of the season

Kloden not seen expect when being dropped, Horner not seen at all - but these 2 not in the press

we hear a ton from JB , andy and Fränk there must have been 10 video posted on CN
    BLAH BLAH tour etc etc

then JB maybe Fränk rides the Giro

Birdsong gets peeed he is telling all next year new team and indicates team stress

now we get this Andersson stuff

plus Andy and Fränk getting tons of positive type press from The english speaking press but failing to do anything

weirdness
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 20:48 »
    It really is weird. But i am glad to see JB struggling. Never cared much for Schlecks. Cancellara is a rider who a team should be built around not as a side show. No one else in there i give a 2p about, except maybe Papy Horner who seems like a nice guy.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03 »
    Is it possible that RNST are being watched by european agencies outside of the sport due to the investigation in USA and they know it and this has meant a much lower profile for their program for this season's racing. Or it maybe that Bruyneel is paranoid so it is running through the team.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3485
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07 »
    I dont think they have had a lower profile.

they just havent won the races they were trying for.   Cancellara crashed, and the Schlecks sucked ... but they were actually trying.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 13:16 »
    I dont think they have had a lower profile.

they just havent won the races they were trying for.   Cancellara crashed, and the Schlecks sucked ... but they were actually trying.

Program was meant in regards to their 'training' program not race program. Their 'training 'program seems to have left them flailing for a team of their supposed 'talents'.  ::)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 10:51 »
    OK, here's my "inevitable demise" post. So in case of fail, break glass...

Jan Bakelants (BEL), 26
    RaNT was: a bad move
    Notes: Since Meersman actually won something, Bakelants is now the nearly man of Belgian cycling. If he can stay on his bike within the last 25km of any of his breakaways.
    Where next?: Lotto could definitely use him again.

Daniele Bennati (ITA), age 31
    RaNT was: temporarily rejuvenating
    Notes: A prematurely old man of cycling, Bennati's star has been on the wane for years. He had a good year last year at Leopard but never seemed to have recovered more than second-tier and in today's sprinting terms, he is probably too old. Hence the rather far-fetched idea that he could domestique for Cancellara in the late stages of the Classics: an unlikely possibility made even more unlikely by the Canc's savage crash.
    Where next? Back to Italy. Farnese Vini probably.

George Bennett (NZL), 22
    Uh, who?

Matthew Busche (USA), 27
    RaNT was: irrelevant
    Notes: Good for top 10s in the US Nats. Not much else.
    Where next?: Back to the US.

Fabian Cancellara (SUI), 31
    RaNT was: for a rider of his calibre, pretty catastrophic
    Notes: Somebody is going to pick up Fabbles at a bargain price later this year and it's hard to argue that he's anybody's definition of a bad investment. He will want to dominate in 2013.
    Where next?: Take your pick! Join Nuyens at Saxo and rule the world.

Laurent Didier (LUX), 27
    Snore.

Jakob Fuglsang (DEN), 27
    RaNT was: an unmitigated disaster
    Notes: I'm 99.9% sure 'Full Shlang' is already out. He should have come through as a big talent but he has done nothing of the sort so far.
    Where next?: Saxo. End of.

Tony Gallopin (FRA), 24
    RaNT was: from hero to zero
    Notes: Gallopin looked lukewarm but full of potential at Cofidis. At Shack, a team in which sprinting has never been important, he has looked like a spare part.
    Where next?: Europcar. He would probably do pretty well there for a breakthrough season.

Linus Gerdemann (GER), 29
    RaNT was: like climbing down a very shallow staircase
    Notes: Once the great hope of the dwindling German cycling fanbase, apart from a brief flash in Luxemburgish pan last year, Linus has been more Hurdy Gerdy than Guitar Hero.
    Where next?: Team Indeland - Eddy Merckx if they take pity on him

Ben Hermans (BEL), 25
    RaNT was: no great shakes
    Notes: The high hopes for Hermans turned to harassed huffs after the wellspring of his promising début went dry.
    Where next?: tempting to suggest Lotto but perhaps OPQS could carve something cool out of him

Chris Horner (USA), 40
    RaNT was: from rabbit-in-a-hat-tricks to geriatrics
    Notes: Horner was a medical miracle anyway. It was inevitable that a line would be drawn in the sand and a pension would be drawn from the bank.
    Where next?: Retirement. For goodness' sake. Put that man out of his misery.

Maxime Monfort (BEL), 29
    RaNT was: not the big jump I hoped for
    Notes: Monfort showed the sort of all-rounder talent I thought might net him a few one-week stage races at the top of his career. But it was not to be. Since leaving HTC, the man from Nadrin has been firmly disabused of any modest ambitions he might have had.

Over to you...

I can't be bothered to cover the rest here. It's just depressing. So why don't you join in with your comments on these folks?

Markel Irizar (ESP), 32 - a decent domestique with nobody decent to ride for
    Ben King (USA), 23 - not much going on now he's with the big boys so good time for a move
    Andreas Klöden (GER), 36 - as the hills, which he still climbs quite well
    Tiago Machado (POR), 26 - shows very occasional extreme excellence
    Giacomo Nizzolo (ITA), 23 - there's still time if you leave now
    Nelson Oliveira (POR), 23 - a few interesting results lately, could be worth a few €
    Yaroslav Popovych (UKR), 32 - this old man river ain't flowing too much these days
    Joost Posthuma (NED), 31 - seriously irrelevant
    Grégory Rast (FRA), 32 - a mountain with no peak
    Thomas Rohregger (AUT), 29 - LOL WUT
    Hayden Roulston (NZL), 31 - Man of iron gone anaemic
    Andy Schleck (LUX), 26 - own thread ;)
    Fränk Schleck (LUX), 32 ---- " ----
    Jesse Sergent (NZL), 23 - plenty of time yet, provided that he leaves soon!
    Jens Voigt (GER), 40 - would be fine on any team ;)
    Robert Wagner (GER), 29 - he did win a German nats title, but should have stuck with more episodes of Hart to Hart
    Oliver Zaugg (SUI), 31 - a late bloomer and seemingly a good buy ;)
    Haimar Zubeldia (ESP), 35 - meh meh meh meh meh
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55 »
    Rumors

Andy and Fränk to Astana - which would mean no Nibbles to Astana

JB has had enough and is stopping working with Andy and Fränk which means he takes the sponsors - goes where I have not idea as there is no licence
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 366
    « Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 18:57 »
    Rumors

Andy and Fränk to Astana - which would mean no Nibbles to Astana

JB has had enough and is stopping working with Andy and Fränk which means he takes the sponsors - goes where I have not idea as there is no licence
    If this would be the case, I would presume he would need to attract some other GC rider, where the only people that appear to be available at the end of the year are Kreuziger and Nibali (if the rumour of the Schlecks to Astana hold any weight). But I think this entire rumour is a bit too far-fetched, since I don't see the schlecks leaving Andersen and I doubt he will be added to Astana
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 19:08 »
    i cannot see someone like Vino being interested in the flaky Schlecks. Not a chance.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 19:12 »
    i cannot see someone like Vino being interested in the flaky Schlecks. Not a chance.

That is another good argument as well. However I think having someone like Vino around might prove very beneficial to the Schlecks and especially Andy his attitude
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 01:43 »
    and I cant see Becca and the Luxembourg group of sponsors staying in a team that doesnt involved Luxembourgs major riders

not going to happen
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 08:38 »
    Bruyneel confirms he and the Schlecks are bound to the same team for two and a half years   

I really cannot see them on the same team next year. If the TdF goes badly for Schlecks i cant see them at a bike race for the rest of the year.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 16:04 »
    Seriously, what the hell are they on. Has he got them on some sort of anti-dope or what?
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 16:06 »
    Seriously, what the hell are they on. Has he got them on some sort of anti-dope or what?

Maybe that is the problem. They are on nothing as it is all gone to the Texan TriBoy  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    RIP Keith

barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 16:22 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-justifies-press-comments-over-schlecks-and-radioshack-results

It is becoming quite farcial.

Although it is true that it has become farcical, I can't say that I disagree with anything he said in the interview (which can be listened to here: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/160603_bruynlee_schleck_SPWK#)

An interesting point in this interview is the fact that both the Schlecks and Bruyneel have a contract that extends into 2014
  • ReplyReply

• l29205

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 127
    « Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 16:26 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-justifies-press-comments-over-schlecks-and-radioshack-results

It is becoming quite farcial.

Saw that article and was thinking in the back of my head was that the reason Andy dropped off the back on the Cat-3 climb today.  The in-fighting is either going to stop and they will dominate or it will make them a could have, should have, might have been team.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 16:33 »
    Contracts are there to be broken. Pretty sure Nygaard had a longer contract too, but that didn't keep Becca from replacing him.

I'm already looking forward to Bruyneel's comments in the media after Andy's performance today ;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 17:09 »
    You can't blame Sandy for being sh*te in June, it's a genetic predisposition.
  • ReplyReply

• l29205

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 127
    « Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 17:30 »
    You can't blame Sandy for being sh*te in June, it's a genetic predisposition.

While I am not a fan of JB, if I was him I would be having a serious sit down with Becca. The Shleck bothers are turning to a couple of primadonnas that think they deserve everything.  As a manager at this point I would put Horner and Kloden as the team leads and leave the Shlecks off the team.  At least Horner and kloden know how to be team players.  At this point I would almost like to see a LA 3.0 that is how bad this team is.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 17:35 »
    Quote from: l29205 link=topic=602.msg35831#msg35831 dat.e=1338827428
    While I am not a fan of JB, if I was him I would be having a serious sit down with Becca. The Shleck bothers are turning to a couple of primadonnas that think they deserve everything.  As a manager at this point I would put Horner and Kloden as the team leads and leave the Shlecks off the team.  At least Horner and kloden know how to be team players.  At this point I would almost like to see a LA 3.0 that is how bad this team is.
    Chances of winning the Tour:

Andy>Kloden/Horner

Thats is all that matter for Becca and JB
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 17:42 »
    Chances of winning the Tour:

Andy>Kloden/Horner

Thats is all that matter for Becca and JB

im not so sure.. horner and kloden can both tt better than andy and with the right preparation, could do fairly well (outside shots for podium which is all at the moment andy is).

3 weeks or so from the Tour andy should really be riding much better than this, its like he doesnt care.  Wouldnt surprise me that Andy's just pee'd at having to ride Dauphine. He wants to be in switzerland with his friends.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 17:46 »
    Bruyneel backtracking:

http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/news/irizar-shows-good-form-dauphine

It takes nine riders to ride the Tour.  Of course Andy will be there.

ALso this is interesting:

I didn’t expect to see that scenario at the end, but I’ve spoken with Andy.  What’s clear here is that he’s had a lack of competition.  We know that.  We come here with different intentions other than to win. The main goal is to see how Andy is going in the mountains.  With a lack of competition in his legs, in theory we will see him getting better this week and by the end of the week we can see where he really is.  It’s definitely better if things like this don’t happen but it isn’t a disaster.

Isn't this Bruyneel and Schleck their fault, if he does not race and does not race to win and quite frankly it still does not really show real believe of Bruyneel in Andy, at least at this moment in time
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 18:06 »
    Was wondering just how little Andy had raced..

This is the distance so far this year for the bookies top 10 favourites for the tour

Rider Odds Km Raced
    Evans 9/42327
    Wiggins 11/42892
    Schleck 6/12826
    Menchov 18/13779
    Nibali 20/15358
    Gesink 33/14383
    Valverde 33/13783
    Sanchez 40/13517
    Van den Broeck 40/13579
    Rolland 50/14965

Evans has actually had the least racing of anyone, but he, wiggins and schleck are all pretty close on distance raced.

The main difference, Wiggins has already won Paris Nice and Romandie, Evans has had a quiet year but at least has a tt win, the criterium international and today. Andy, has done, well,hasnt even podiumed yet this year.
  • ReplyReply

•