collapse

jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
  • Liked: 108
Re: RaNT News
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2012, 15:15 »
They are. It's probably a protest against a real or perceived violation of their contract - like not being paid on time. Didn't we see riders covering their sponsors recently? Astana?

That reminds me that Posthuma said he's looking for a new team too. Is he also out of WorldTour races?
Obviously you're right. What a disgrace this team is.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-confirms-unpaid-riders-at-radioshack

Blow it all up and start over, without Brunyeel.
  • ReplyReply

• Damiano Machiavelli

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 18
    « Reply #121 on: July 01, 2012, 22:09 »
    Obviously you're right. What a disgrace this team is.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-confirms-unpaid-riders-at-radioshack

Blow it all up and start over, without Brunyeel.

LOLZ.  Check this out.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fekstrabladet.dk%2Fsport%2Fcykling%2Farticle1784720.ece

A French company which helped constructing the catering truck for Leopard S. A. is now suing for missing payments. The RsNT is not bringing any catering trucks to this year's TdF and the DS's do not know what happened to the new truck.
    The responsible people either redirect the questions or refuse to answer.

Saturday the team's press officer, Mr Maertens, responded per. E-mail to the journalist : - "We just do not want to comment. But of course it probably won't keep you from doing your work"

Stolen from Podium Cafe. 

It sounds like someone is looting the place before they abandon ship.
  • ReplyReply
  • Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the Earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake. Yeah.  Jack just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Gimmie your best shot, pal, I can take it."

jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #122 on: July 02, 2012, 02:24 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-helps-schleck-avoid-losing-time-in-seraing
    The prologue in Liège on Saturday wasn't Schleck's preferred battleground and he ended up losing 31 seconds to GC favourite and prologue runner-up Bradley Wiggins (Sky). One day later Schleck nearly lost time again in the stage that concluded with a 2.4km long uphill finish in Seraing but he managed to salvage things. He is now 45th in the general classification.

"We controlled the race in the beginning [for Cancellara] but in the finale it was tricky," Schleck told Cyclingnews right after the finish line in Seraing. "It was pretty nasty on the finale there, but in the end I had Chris [Horner]. He got stuck, with me, behind and he brought me up there (to the front). Once I knew I was going to be in the first break it was cool. The team did a good job for Fabian."
    Looking more and more like Kloden and Monfort will be the main guys. If Frank can't keep up, maybe they'd let him go early in the mountains.
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #123 on: July 07, 2012, 01:03 »
    LOLZ.  Check this out.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fekstrabladet.dk%2Fsport%2Fcykling%2Farticle1784720.ece

A French company which helped constructing the catering truck for Leopard S. A. is now suing for missing payments. The RsNT is not bringing any catering trucks to this year's TdF and the DS's do not know what happened to the new truck.
    The responsible people either redirect the questions or refuse to answer.

Saturday the team's press officer, Mr Maertens, responded per. E-mail to the journalist : - "We just do not want to comment. But of course it probably won't keep you from doing your work"

Stolen from Podium Cafe. 

It sounds like someone is looting the place before they abandon ship.

Could the catering truck (roach coach) be the ones causing the Garmin boys, and Frankie to crash? Bitter, angry jealous, anti american?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2012, 04:00 »
    With the Schlecks mooted to be off with a new sponsor for next year, will Radioshack allow Andy(probably Frank too) to ride the Vuelta or will they block them from riding WT races a la Fuglsang?
    But did Schlocks go public like FIGJAM? Or is it all still speculation? Maybe they will stop them, but they might as well be replaced by Christina Watches in WT if so.

At least they have a good shot at winning (coming second) with Schlock there.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #125 on: July 08, 2012, 10:28 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kloden-on-the-defensive-with-radioshack-twitter-offensive

Well once again it gets ugly and Kloden who has not really been involved in bashing RANT up till now, joins the party.

Their Tour is now up in the air with Schleck and Kloden and Horner to a degree all flopping and Canc losing his jersey but at the same time Monfort and Zubeldia looking good and in top 10 positions, especially if Monfort can reproduce some of his TTs from last year and Canc of course can still win a couple of stages due to his TT and Schleck may infiltrate some breaks later on in the Tour.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

ram

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45 »
    Well, they can depend on Gallopin and Cancellara to fly up the mountains now. A podium from one of them now.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #127 on: July 09, 2012, 09:16 »
    official no more WT races this year for birdsong

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-its-nothing-personal-against-jakob

ball in your court Pat
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 15:23 »
    Uncle Pat will do nothing, natch! But I have no doubt the Schlecks will be riding WT races for the rest of the season and then will take WT points to their new team.
    Well, maybe one Schleck.  :'(

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/end-of-season-for-andy-schleck-1
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3851
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 17:13 »
    Poor Birdsong  :(

Go to Saxo, it is very nice there I heard  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3851
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #130 on: July 09, 2012, 18:35 »
    Yeah he'll get to be Tour leader in 2013

Yeah lots of space there when Berto retires after Froome Vuelta ass kicking.  :D
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #131 on: July 09, 2012, 18:49 »
    Gallopin was interviewed after coming in from his TT and he said he was not thinking of anything else at the moment but riding for himself.

I get the impression that RNST riders are not a team and each is out to put themselves in the shop window for another team next year.

Jensie seems to be doing a great job last few days of showing he still has something in his legs.

• ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

ram

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2012, 02:42 »
    The positive is that it can't get worse, surely not, can it? And despite all the Sandy bagging, having him in a race where he gives a sh*t is definitely worth it, and the Vuelta would've desperately needed anyone who could keep up with Contador in the mountains.
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #133 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04 »
    Gallopin was interviewed after coming in from his TT and he said he was not thinking of anything else at the moment but riding for himself.

I get the impression that RNST riders are not a team and each is out to put themselves in the shop window for another team next year.

Jensie seems to be doing a great job last few days of showing he still has something in his legs.

The race only begins now. They look like a team to me. Water seeks its own level. Looking forward to Horner, Kloeden and Shleck working together.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 366
    « Reply #134 on: July 10, 2012, 05:16 »

Well, Monfort did say something else the entire tour, but that might change now that he is so high up. Also on the first mountain stage you saw Schleck and I believe someone else wait for Klöden and only when Klöden motioned that they could go for their own chances did Schleck go on and when he moved away from Klöden you saw that Schleck could've ridden a lot faster than he had done and he had only slowed down down in order to help Klöden. So in my opinion you are reading too much into that one interview. Perhaps Gallopin is not a good team player, or the plans within RaNT has changed, but it is not indicative of a complete team breakdown in the tour
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #135 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08 »
    Well, Monfort did say something else the entire tour, but that might change now that he is so high up. Also on the first mountain stage you saw Schleck and I believe someone else wait for Klöden and only when Klöden motioned that they could go for their own chances did Schleck go on and when he moved away from Klöden you saw that Schleck could've ridden a lot faster than he had done and he had only slowed down down in order to help Klöden. So in my opinion you are reading too much into that one interview. Perhaps Gallopin is not a good team player, or the plans within RaNT has changed, but it is not indicative of a complete team breakdown in the tour

On this sort of performance, if he keeps it up, Gallopin could go back to Cofidis and lead the team. And I for one would applaud that.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

l29205

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 127
    « Reply #136 on: July 10, 2012, 14:20 »
    On this sort of performance, if he keeps it up, Gallopin could go back to Cofidis and lead the team. And I for one would applaud that.

After Frandy leaves and the old school retire he can stay and lead RaNT (assuming they have a sponsor).
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3480
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #137 on: July 10, 2012, 14:25 »
    Fabian withdraws as his wife is in labour ...

probably not going to be much on offer for the rest of the Tour .. unless Frank decides to go for KOM or something fun
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #138 on: July 10, 2012, 14:45 »
    apparantly that may not be actually true.  Stupid twitter   >:(    ;D

anyway - on looking, I saw a tweet from Fabs that I missed ...

3rd July
    Fabian cancellara ‏@f_cancellara

Todays flower and the lion will have a special place at An-sophie and Alizee home #WW108

:-*
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #139 on: July 10, 2012, 15:32 »
    Fabian withdraws as his wife is in labour ...

probably not going to be much on offer for the rest of the Tour .. unless Frank decides to go for KOM or something fun

Is withdrawing from competition for family reasons, common in other sports?
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #140 on: July 10, 2012, 15:35 »
    yes - very common.

though in this case, it seems the sources werent that reliable.  I dont think he has withdrawn just yet, but will if the baby comes early.

• ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2012, 15:17 »
    Is withdrawing from competition for family reasons, common in other sports?
    Common, but to quote Ian CHappell, he got the timing wrong.
  • ReplyReply

• jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #142 on: July 14, 2012, 17:42 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leopard-denies-rumours-radioshack-team-is-near-collapse

The Süddeutsche Zeitung today reported that Fabian Cancellara and Fränk and Andy Schleck have not been receiving regular paychecks, and that one of the riders has sued Leopard SA.

The Luxembourg paper Tageblatt also picked up on the rumors, claiming that Leopard SA lost 7.6 million Euros this year and that Becca's ownership of the team's WorldTour license is in jeopardy.

:fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1018
    « Reply #143 on: July 14, 2012, 19:07 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leopard-denies-rumours-radioshack-team-is-near-collapse

:fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp  :fp
    See the posts by Christian on CN (hopefully he doesn't mind copying his translations):

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=944629&postcount=4144

Close to the end?

According to media reports, Flavio Becca could soon lose the license for his ProTeam, Radioshack-Nissan. The company holding the license is making huge losses.

Tageblatt has access to the balance of accounts of 2011 of Leopard S.A. It shows a loss in the first year of €7.6 million. Meanwhile, in the international edition of Süddeutsche Zeitung (SZ) of this Saturday, one can read that "Insiders are of the opinion that Flavio Becca will soon lose his license"

According to the document from auditing-company Deloitte, Leopard S.A. finished the first business year (26.07.2010 to 31.12.2011) with a loss of €7.618.109,60.

The conclusion of the auditers: with such a huge loss, the board of directors are required by law to summon a general assembly of the share holders, which will decide whether the company will be terminated or not.

Journalist Andreas Burkert (SZ) writes in his article "Revolution of the national heroes" among other things that the riders who complained about late paiments were "aces": "Luxembourg's national heroes, the Schlecks, as well as Fabian Cancellara. In addition, the Dane Jakob Fuglsang contacted the UCI. According to the records, at least one rider has sued Leopard S.A. by ways of a private company of his".

http://www.tageblatt.lu/nachrichten/...-Aus--23058974

Complete article in today's print edition, I shall try to get one

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=944772&postcount=4147

Carlo Rock (speaker of Leopard S.A.) said on Luxembourg Radio that "there is a war going on between Sky, Radioshack-Nissan and us (sic)" and inferred that Rupert Murdoch is trying to discredit the team by spreading false rumours through the Süddeutsche Zeitung, to which he has "a very close relationship".

He did however acknowledge that the numbers published by Tageblatt are correct, but said that this did not pose a major problem. The team's future is assured for another two years through a bank guaranty that lies with the UCI. Recently all their accounts were audited and nothing suspicious was found.

The rider having sued Leopard S.A. through his company is indeed Jakob Fuglsang. Rock: "This affair is actually pretty simple. Last year, we paid Mr. Fuglsang's salary to a private company. This year, we were told to pay them to a different company. We then asked for legal documents assuring us of the seriousness of this company, because we do not want to be involved in any way in money laundering. To this day, we are waiting for these documents".

Source: Radio RTL

Some further numbers from the balance of accounts:

Salaries for riders: €10.6 million
    Salaries for employees: €1.5 million
    Salaries for doctors: €300.000
    Participation at UCI biological passport program: €120.000
    Corporate identity: €400.000
    Traveling expenses: €1.4 million

Input of Flavio Becca's financing company Promobe Finance SPF: €5.5 million
    Debts towards others: almost €7.7 million
    Debts of others towards Leopard S.A.: almost €3.6 million
    Input of sponsors: €9.5 million
    Other gains (Leopard-Trademark): €2.5 million
    Penalties for enticing riders away from other teams: €618.500
    Amount to pay to riders for image rights: €1.3 million

Promobe Finance SPF acts as a guarantor for losses or debts of Leopard S.A.

Source: Tageblatt print edition

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=944879&postcount=4151

According to the article in Süddeutsche, "The Schlecks are waiting for their share of the image rights, on which they pay separate taxes in Luxembourg. This makes for about a quarter of their salary. And because these payments have apparently been missing already since the Tour 2011 and until at least the second quarter of 2012, both must be missing a higher six-figure sum. Cancellara received his salary twice with significant delays. Delayed salary payments are supposed to be the rule, rather than the exception, for the 80 employees of the team"

Source: Tageblatt

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=944894&postcount=4153

What I find most interesting is that they accuse the Murdoch group, therefore Sky, of deliberately spreading false rumours in a "very big war" that is supposedly going on right now.

I have often read comments by British users who refer to Murdoch as "scum of the earth" so it seems that at least theoretically this is something this group would do. On the other hand most of RSNT financiers and managers are also very sketchy people.

Wasn't Murdoch also behind that big scandal where they tapped the phones and e-mail accounts of politicians in England?

You can find the audio of the interview here:

http://sport.rtl.lu/cyclissem/news/280095.html (luxembourgish)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=945231&postcount=4155

At least the part about them being broke does indeed only seem to be a storm in a waterglass (perhaps mounted by Murdoch/Sky? Tbc!) as Leopard S.A. writes in a press release:

"From the beginning of (Leopard's) activities in cycling and its demand for a license with the UCI, the business plan foresaw an important deficit for the first season which would be covered by its shareholders.

The balance of accounts concluded on 31 December 2011 is conform to these previsions. The company's and the UCI's auditors have not only validated all the team's accounts but also confirmed the financial capacity to continue its activities."

http://sport.rtl.lu/cyclissem/news/280095.html
  • ReplyReply
  • Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #144 on: July 15, 2012, 22:01 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-gives-respect-to-wiggins-for-neutralising-tour-de-france-stage-14

Wow the end of the interview is really revealing as Frank gets very tense and starts acting as if he is very upfronted....
    He says that the claims that rider's are not being paid are unbelievable and looks pretty flabergasted
    When asked about whether he has been paid on time instead of answering with what would be a logical yes as most people would he starts to look away and retorts with a question about the interviewer's own salary.... Maybe I am reading too much into it but Schleck is definitely not satisfied with the goings on at RANT..
  • ReplyReply

• brassyn

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 28
    • Just a fan. Also, not a man.
      • FYC
    « Reply #145 on: July 15, 2012, 23:24 »
    The Schlecks being so cranky all season long makes even more sense if they weren't even getting paid to listen to Bruyneel  :)
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #146 on: July 15, 2012, 23:46 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-gives-respect-to-wiggins-for-neutralising-tour-de-france-stage-14

Wow the end of the interview is really revealing as Frank gets very tense and starts acting as if he is very upfronted....
    He says that the claims that rider's are not being paid are unbelievable and looks pretty flabergasted
    When asked about whether he has been paid on time instead of answering with what would be a logical yes as most people would he starts to look away and retorts with a question about the interviewer's own salary.... Maybe I am reading too much into it but Schleck is definitely not satisfied with the goings on at RANT..

That is a very disrespectful interviewer, I thought Frank was very courteous, what gives the interviewer the right to ask anyone about their wages, zero class the interviewer....
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #147 on: July 16, 2012, 01:09 »
    respect to Frank Schleck for that.  I thought he conducted himself very well in what must be difficult circumstances ...

As for the goings on of RSNT    :fp     Is it just me, or are they seriously implying that Jakob Fuglsang has something to do with money laundering?

Honestly, whether its paid to me personally, or to a private company ... if I give my employer a bank account to pay my salary into, thats it.  I dont usually have to prove its my company, that its a 'serious company' or anything about it.   If they have concerns about it, report those concerns ... but they have no right to withhold the salary (certainly not long enough for the rider to sue them for it).   We arent talking about a few days here.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #149 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47 »
    such a weird situation.

I dont know about the laws in Luxembourg .. maybe their is some kind of responsibility or onus on the employer in that regard ???

Certainly I have never heard of this kind of thing - and surely if it were that simple it would be easily resolved?  Holding back 500,000 Euro for a long time for such a simple paperwork issue sounds like a cop out.   And the statement "Perhaps the two of them don't understand the complicated rules of the UCI.  And in Luxembourg there are courts, they can go there and then – like Fuglsang – they can sue us."  is even stranger.  What team wants their top riders having to sue the company to get their wages?

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [August 19, 2017, 19:37]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [August 19, 2017, 19:32]

Re: [2.HC] Colorado Classic by hiero
    [August 19, 2017, 17:18]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by t-72
    [August 19, 2017, 14:00]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by LukasCPH