collapse

ram

Re: RaNT News
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 18:22 »
That's surely off by a factor of 10, 282.6 km seems so much more accurate for Sandy. Next someone will tell me that he won a stage race.

While I am not a fan of JB, if I was him I would be having a serious sit down with Becca. The Shleck bothers are turning to a couple of primadonnas that think they deserve everything.  As a manager at this point I would put Horner and Kloden as the team leads and leave the Shlecks off the team.  At least Horner and kloden know how to be team players.  At this point I would almost like to see a LA 3.0 that is how bad this team is.
Can't do worse than the Schleck couple, then again, Schleck has been kenny van Hummel up slopes so far. I've not really followed all the nitty gritties of the rubbish at Radioshack, but will Becca back Bruyneel over Schlecks?
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3507
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02 »
    I wonder if that "km raced" figure is just the sum of the km's of the races he started in.   I dont think he has finished any of them, so might be grossly overstated.

In addition - its a huge struggle to suggest that he "raced" any of them.   he rode around a few stages as training rides, but that is vastly different to what Wiggins, Nibbles and Evans do.

(even if he hasnt had the results - Cadel has still actually raced, not just ridden at the back and come in with the bus)
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 163
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 04:59 »
    In case you havent seen this one yet:

• ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1906
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 22:38 »
    Chris Horner left off the TdF lineup?  :(
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12096/Both-Schlecks-in-but-Chris-Horner-out-of-RadioShack-Nissan-Tour-de-France-pre-selection.aspx

I guess those injuries have taken their toll.
    He was looking to be a serious contender last year, and now...no go.
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1056
    « Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 22:47 »
    I guess those injuries have taken their toll.
    He was looking to be a serious contender last year, and now...no go.
    His soigneur posted on velonews editor facebook that Papy is fine and his exclusion is due to internal politics. Velonews had the quote in the original article, but have had it removed. Facebook post is gone too.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 23:08 by killswitch »
    Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 06:40 »
    Horner to follow Hincapie to the glue factory...
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10826
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 07:57 »
    http://twitter.com/#!/hornerakg

http://www.chrishornerracing.com/

there will be a reaction here re Horner

Chris Horner ‏@hornerakg
    Another good 100 mile training day - and the last ten on the TT bike. Looking for no repeats of Bakersfield in the future!

that was 6h a go

and this yesterday

Chris Horner ‏@hornerakg
    Just finished a 600 mile week. Legs are tired but should be coming around just in time! Weather is good for two more big weeks of training.

for someone with who would not be fit in 3 weeks with a bad back it is a lot of training and on the TT as well

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 12:07 »
    11th June:
    @hornerakg
    Just finished a 600 mile week. Legs are tired but should be coming around just in time! Weather is good for two more big weeks of training.

600 miles is pretty good for someone with a nagging back injury.  And just in time for what? Suggests Tour participation hopes rather than sitting on his sofa watching it like the rest of us.  Looks like team politics again.

Why all the nonsense in the press about the riders not having performed well enough to guarantee a Tour place, then line up a shortlist that consists mainly of all those underperformers?  I know Gallopin and Irizar are on there but I doubt they'll get chosen.  Radioshack Tour squad looks like it's just going to be Leopard Trek plus Kloeden.

Quoted from TDF thread

interesting goings on in the RSNT camp  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 12:11 »
    In case you havent seen this one yet:

Snigger
    Schlecks couldn't descend stairs without Andersen.
  • ReplyReply

• brassyn

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 28
    • Just a fan. Also, not a man.
      • FYC
    « Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 13:07 »
    Chris Horner says his back is fine: http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/horner-on-tour-selection-snub-my-back-is-fine_223336

No management have spoken to him since Tour of California, learnt the news from his wife via the internet.  Oof.

“I have no idea what the team is planning for me, because we haven’t spoken,” he said. “No one has called me, so I have no idea what they are thinking. I’ve had no communication with the team.”

“The team has put it out there that I have a severe back problem,” Horner said. “I don’t. I’m not injured. I’m not hurt. This is something I’ve had since 2006. It flares up, and it disappears, and I keep racing. I’ve had the best results of my career with this problem. Could it reoccur at the Tour de France? Sure, anything is possible. A knee injury is possible. A broken collarbone is possible. But I’m not going to let the team make it out like I have some devastating back problem, when I don’t.
  • ReplyReply

• bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #40 on: June 12, 2012, 13:19 »
    Chris Horner is not in the team because he'll ride to a higher placing than the Schlecks, and that's politically inappropriate.

Don't worry, Horner or Schlecks will transfer next season and Horner will still beat them despite being old enough to be their father.  The Schleck's still didn't grow up from toddler tantrums, so it fits perfectly.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycman: Sagan Greipel Brajkovic Breschel CA.Sorensen Porte Wegmann Sutton Zubeldia Fedrigo Lastras Roux Selig Morabito Dumoulin T.Meyer
    CQ game-breakers: Boom Ciolek DeGendt Steegmans Bertagnolli Blythe Masciarelli Stetina Boeckmans Vaugrenard

Drummer Boy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1906
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015
    « Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 21:17 »
    Horner to follow Hincapie to the glue factory...
    ;D

Actually, my ORIGINAL post was one of incredulity as to how Horner is, yet again, screwed over by The Hog when it comes to the TdF. But I edited once I read of the back "injury." Now I'm back to my original stance.

This isn't the first time Chris has been left behind in July. If he's in good shape, this is utterly ridiculous. Then again, he chose to sign with The Shack in the first place and was more than happy to spew forth his nauseating Lance love...so there's that. If he didn't learn his lesson the first time around with Astana and The Hog, then it's his bed to lie in. I was just really hoping for a repeat of what we were promised last year at the Tour, with multiple contenders all showing up in top form.

I really, really hope that Frandy doesn't even finish. Don't wish any harm on anyone, I just hope they both get smoked early on and then drop out in perfect Schleck style.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2468
    « Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 23:26 »
    Why did Horner move with Bruyneel to Leopard anyway? Stupid move, especially in hindsight. It would be pretty cool if Horner got to ride the Vuelta for his own success though, I'd like to see how far the second best climber of the world can go against the best one.
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 08:01 »
    Chris Horner says his back is fine: http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/horner-on-tour-selection-snub-my-back-is-fine_223336

No management have spoken to him since Tour of California, learnt the news from his wife via the internet.  Oof.

Whilst it is undoubtedly odd that he has not been contacted at all be RaNT, equally could/should he not have tried to call them in order to structure his training/recovery from injury/what races he wants to do and the ones they want him to do?  All seems a bit illogical to me, but then again, not much about RaNT is particularly logical atm. 
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 08:08 »
    heard in an earlier discussion about Andy that Bruyneel and Radioshack structure is very hands off.

i know it must be bad for all those involved but the soap opera that is Rant is helping entertain me while waiting for the tour to start.

the stupid thing is if Andy goes on an wins Bruyneel will in some way be validated for this farce
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 09:55 »
    Just getting word that

Andy Schleck will not start the 2012 Tour de France

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/andy-schleck-nicht-bei-der-tour-de-france-4fd85104e4b00e2180fdedcb

No comment from Andrew or RaNT but a press release is due later today.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 10:06 »
    Wow. Bet frank is peeed that he ditched the giro now.  :fp
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08 »
    You've got to love Sandy and Radioshack, always something to talk about. Any comment on what the injury be? Beyond an itchy arse, that is.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 10:45 »
    rumor is a broken vertebrae down in the area of the pelvis - 6-8 weeks which may mean no Vuelta

great season.  :fp
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 10:53 »

The injury that has drawn Andy Schleck in the time trial of the Criterium du Dauphiné, is probably much harder than I thought. Schleck has the sacrum broken. This resulted in an IRM study, which took place on Tuesday in a Luxembourg hospital. It is therefore the next week can not sit on a bike.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 11:05 »
    So if I can make up some " real " reactions

Fränk - I now have pain in my pelvis as well and anger in my belly

Cadel - flip I need someone to attack Wiggins in the mountains 

Fabian- Cool now I do not even need to pretend to ride for the little sh*t

Wiggins - pff who cares I am in the form of my life

JB- Maybe I kicked him in the ass a little hard

Horner - You have got to be kidding me they put the wrong name on the press release - Andy has the bad back - flip

Sammy - Now I might podium
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49 »
    Horner to get his spot in the pre-selection list?
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 12:08 »
    His father Johnny Schleck has confirmed to RTL’s Christian Ollivier that he will not ride the Tour de France, and that he faces a disruption of five weeks. It is not clear if this relates to training or racing.

Depending on his recovery, Schleck may be able to target the Vuelta a España. If so, he will be up against his big rival Alberto Contador there. The Spaniard is currently suspended from racing but will return on August 5th.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12105/Andy-Schleck-will-miss-Tour-de-France-due-to-spinal-injury.aspx#ixzz1xfdDyBWm

by the by wonder if we know that Christian ?
  • ReplyReply

• bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 12:12 »
    We put Frank in the Giro to tire him out and make him useless for Andy, which would allow us to muscle out Andy with powergames during Le Tour. But After Frank pulled out of the Giro, we had to craft a new plan.

Fortunately, this plan is coming together nicely for the team I hold sole ownership of.

1. Restore Jakob Fuglsang's confidence after his non-Giro
    2. Get Chris Horner off the Tour list to give impression of solidarity (to support the "true" leader)
    3. Eliminate Andy Schleck
    4. By default eliminate Frank Schleck
    5. Remind Andreas Kloden that his contract is coming up at the end of this year
    6. Announce Fuglsang as Tour leader
    7. Win Tour with Kloden
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 13:33 »
    Klodi on twitter

If you want to race as a team.You have to stay together,race together...
    Not only one time (Race) in the Year.You have to work together

and as to JB's words - his statement that everyone had to do either the Giro, Tour de Suisse or Dauphine .... Jens Voight did none of these races, so that isnt exactly true either.

Though it does beg the question - why is Horner NOT at the TdS?
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 14:03 »
    This team is such a mess, I love it! So no Andy for the Tour, what's plan B? Start with a bunch of riders who could do well in GC to see which of those does best and support that one? Fuglsang, Frank, Klöden, Monfort, Machado, all could make a claim for Tour leadership. And then take Cancellara and Voight to do some attacks, perhaps Bennati for some attempts at sprint success..

Though it is really funny, this RSNT collapse isn't good for the Tour. We needed Andy to attack Wiggins in full force, with all of RSNT working to set him up and tire out the Sky train. Now it will be down to riders such as Evans and Sanchez to attack Wiggins, and those attacks won't be as devestating as what Andy would do if he were in good form.
    Everything still going well in the favour of Wiggins..
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 852
    « Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 14:16 »
    Who was it who said Klodi would be RSNT's leader at the Tour? That isn't looking like such a silly suggestion any more.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 14:38 »
    Didn't Disco use that 'tactic' in the 06 TdF and sucked! The leaders were Popo, Azevedo, Hincapie and wasn't there a 4th guy too.

Yep and RSH used it last year with Klöden, Leipheimer and Horner, where it failed too. But I wouldn't know what else the team would do, unless they have a lot of confidence in Klöden, which I honestly do not have.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 15:05 »
    Klodi on twitter

and as to JB's words - his statement that everyone had to do either the Giro, Tour de Suisse or Dauphine .... Jens Voight did none of these races, so that isnt exactly true either.

Though it does beg the question - why is Horner NOT at the TdS?

Horner himself has said he didn't start the TdS because he'd have been racing with zero form after taking 5 days off training because of his back spasm, so he'd rather train himself into form and peak condition, which is fine I think, especially since you'd assume he'd know how to do that. Whether all this has been communicated to the team and vice versa though, is another matter entirely.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Tour de France 2018 General News by hiero
    [November 19, 2017, 20:56]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by search
    [November 19, 2017, 18:19]

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:35]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:21]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:12]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 05:25]

Recent Topics

topic Tour de France 2018 General News
    [Road Races]
    hiero
    November 19, 2017, 20:56