collapse

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 108
Re: RaNT News
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2012, 18:07 »
We put Frank in the Giro to tire him out and make him useless for Andy, which would allow us to muscle out Andy with powergames during Le Tour. But After Frank pulled out of the Giro, we had to craft a new plan.

Fortunately, this plan is coming together nicely for the team I hold sole ownership of.

1. Restore Jakob Fuglsang's confidence after his non-Giro
2. Get Chris Horner off the Tour list to give impression of solidarity (to support the "true" leader)
3. Eliminate Andy Schleck
4. By default eliminate Frank Schleck
5. Remind Andreas Kloden that his contract is coming up at the end of this year
6. Announce Fuglsang as Tour leader
7. Win Tour with Kloden

Flawless logic  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #61 on: June 13, 2012, 18:36 »
    More JB smoke and mirrors here folks. Remember how JB used deception to win races with Armstrong. Same thing here. Andy was having an off year, from the start, Horner wasn't racing since ToC, only other race he raced was TA where he was 2nd. Andys' injury is a blessing in disguise for the team, and Horner is off the reservation so to speak. Good theatre for the booby prize,(La Vuelta) for Andy, the Beefeater and Chris.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3480
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #62 on: June 14, 2012, 05:34 »
    With this coming out about JB and the RSNT team Dr,  and Andy already pulling out due to injury - what are the possibilities that RANT will be perhaps ask not to go to the TdF ??

And if they are there, what effect will these charges have on Brunyeel?
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #63 on: June 14, 2012, 06:17 »
    JB might not be asked to attend as DS but I can't see the whole team being barred.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #64 on: June 14, 2012, 08:35 »
    I cant see it either ... but you just never know with ASO.

I know in 2008 Astana had changed basically the entire team, management and staff from the 2007 guys ... and they were still excluded.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #65 on: June 14, 2012, 08:41 »
    I cant see it either ... but you just never know with ASO.

I know in 2008 Astana had changed basically the entire team, management and staff from the 2007 guys ... and they were still excluded.

JB may not be there ofc but I think the team will
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    « Reply #66 on: June 14, 2012, 10:43 »
    Just on the Armstrong and RaNT topic, I know a few people on the inside and have posted about it in the doping section (which is only for members). I've kept their names anonymous but it could provide an interesting context to how the Armstrong USADA case is connected to this crazy turn of events re the RANT tour team...
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycman: Sagan Greipel Brajkovic Breschel CA.Sorensen Porte Wegmann Sutton Zubeldia Fedrigo Lastras Roux Selig Morabito Dumoulin T.Meyer
    CQ game-breakers: Boom Ciolek DeGendt Steegmans Bertagnolli Blythe Masciarelli Stetina Boeckmans Vaugrenard

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #67 on: June 14, 2012, 11:12 »
    OK, let's go ahead and try this bit of farce:

RaNT to move Bruyneel into an executive role with financial incentives but no more bronzing in public. Then hire Bob Stapleton. He's available and he knows this sort of work.  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #68 on: June 14, 2012, 11:27 »
    Just on the Armstrong and RaNT topic, I know a few people on the inside and have posted about it in the doping section (which is only for members). I've kept their names anonymous but it could provide an interesting context to how the Armstrong USADA case is connected to this crazy turn of events re the RANT tour team...

Thanks bicing, I am better off with the knowledge you departed, I hope it doesn't cause any frictiong between you nd your sources. :tu:
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #69 on: June 14, 2012, 13:03 »
    OK, let's go ahead and try this bit of farce:

RaNT to move Bruyneel into an executive role with financial incentives but no more bronzing in public. Then hire Bob Stapleton. He's available and he knows this sort of work.  ;D

Does he not get a ban till the investigation is over?
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

mc_mountain

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 921
    « Reply #70 on: June 14, 2012, 17:00 »
    from ned boulting's twitter - no more than logical speculation at the moment.

Radioshack the first victim of the Armstrong Affair
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #71 on: June 14, 2012, 19:22 »
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #72 on: June 14, 2012, 22:46 »
    Cycling media making a balls up of this whole thing by not asking hard questions. No one bothered to ask the sponsors what they think of being involved with a team where its DS and doctors are under investigation for doping! Cycling media is really non existant! They are no longer a media, more of a paste and copy sites.

I really hope ASO forces UCI to do something about Bruyneel. Make them turn up with all the stagiares, no Frank, no Kloden, no Popvych.....
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #73 on: June 15, 2012, 13:50 »
    It might appear the end is near

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/radioshack-nissans-tale-of-woe-continues

The Luxembourg businessman's firm Leopard S.A., which is responsible for the team, was late in paying May salaries,.........

Might be the reason for Horner's defence of Armstrong as he is desperately trying to get paid.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #74 on: June 15, 2012, 13:55 »
    Where would they go ?

Astana rumors

Then nibbles is not going there to BMC so that works

Leaky need a GT contendor but that does not work.

Saxo need points but that would just be weird

New team? Not a great success last time

Greenedge but they are not OZ and I recon fabs is going there so no cash or team to help.

Maybe a french super team ? 2 teams combine and reg in lux to solve rider wage issues.

Out of cycling all together ?
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #75 on: June 15, 2012, 13:57 »
    If Fabs goes to Greenedge I would be and out and out fangirl of Greenedge  ;D

Truly, I dont know exactly where the Schlecks would fit. 
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 14:35 »
    Who cares where the Schlecks go, there's a sh*tload of other actual talent in that side that should be WT next year.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 16:08 »
    What is more the question with the schlecks is will any team want both of them? Or will they have to split them up?

At the moment there must be serious questions over their world tour licence. Currently 10th in the rankings, but with Andy out of the tour they could well drop down to 15th by the end of July (outide the top 15 next year if cancellara leaves). Add in Bruyneel, late wage payments and its looking more like they may not get a world tour licence (rememeber the uci dont decide that).

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #78 on: June 15, 2012, 16:39 »
    What is more the question with the schlecks is will any team want both of them? Or will they have to split them up?

At the moment there must be serious questions over their world tour licence. Currently 10th in the rankings, but with Andy out of the tour they could well drop down to 15th by the end of July (outide the top 15 next year if cancellara leaves). Add in Bruyneel, late wage payments and its looking more like they may not get a world tour licence (rememeber the uci dont decide that).

I would think Cancellara is hyperventilating to get out of there.  He must have plan B all ready...from long ago...would think he could buy himself out of anything.
    It will be very interesting to see where the Schlecks end up...I would bet they will be together somewhere....maybe Pro Conti  ;D :o
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2012, 16:41 »
    I would think Cancellara is hyperventilating to get out of there.  He must have plan B all ready...from long ago...would think he could buy himself out of anything.
    It will be very interesting to see where the Schlecks end up...I would bet they will be together somewhere....maybe Pro Conti  ;D :o
    Cancellara at Plan B racing would be mental

Coat, the grey one there.
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #80 on: June 15, 2012, 16:56 »
    What a bummer for the RSNT riders and management if they do not get to participate in LeTour this year. The Tour is their primary objective and the riders are not getting any younger.
    If any of Lances' former homies who testified against him, or other corrupted DSs are riding or managing in and for the Tour and RSNT is shut out, what kind of message would the ASO be trying to send? RSNT is a private enterprise and they don't have a national hero(VINO) and big oil Government money like (ASTANA) who can pull them out of the tailspin of a TdF disinvite. No doubt ASTANA team padded some pockets to return to the top tier in cycling, not many teams have the government oil bankroll of ASTANA CYCLING TEAM.
    On the other hand a disinvite might save RSNT from an embarrassing smackdown from the other teams, seeing as to how distracted, the team is.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #81 on: June 15, 2012, 19:27 »
    Bruyneel seems to be off message with LieStrong

“I shall of course cooperate fully with the investigation, although I have no doubt the end result will be the same as all the other investigations over the years,” Bruyneel said via a statement on his website.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/bruyneel-i-am-innocent-of-all-charges_224319

No witch hunt according to Yo-Han!

Bet most of the leopard side of RSNT are asking themselves why did they move to Schleck team! I bet Stuey is quietly pleased he is out of it.

What a mess!
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #82 on: June 16, 2012, 08:39 »
    If I'm being completely honest, I'd like to see how well a Schleck-less and Bruyneel-less Radioshack perform in France.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #84 on: June 17, 2012, 12:25 »
    Such a shame what's happening to the Shack! Canc to BMC, they need a good classics rider!
    ;D
    If Canc stays at RaNT next year I would be very surprised.

After the season they have had, which team is going to want the baggage of the Schleck's, and I imagine it will be a cold day in hell before they race on different teams

If I'm being completely honest, I'd like to see how well a Schleck-less and Bruyneel-less Radioshack perform in France.

They'd animate the race for sure.  Jens would go on the rampage!
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #85 on: June 17, 2012, 12:30 »
    Yay, breakaways with Jens & Fabian! Cav better go to Poland, because no chance he's catching that break!
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    « Reply #86 on: June 18, 2012, 16:03 »
    Frank won't be going to France as team leader it would seem, meaning that they will ride for...?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-doesnt-want-captains-role-at-tour-de-france

The comparison with Contador (apart from annoying LaFlo!) is fairly pointless as he is a) dropped out of the Giro before the hardest stages, b)Contador won the whole thing, and c) Contador then got injured in the first few days of the Tour.  Anywho, he's being realistic I guess, and he might go for a few mountain stage wins and enliven things if he is way down on gc?
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 16:38 »
    Take a whole bunch of GC prospects and ride for the best placed guy after Stage 11 or the first TT
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #88 on: June 18, 2012, 19:27 »
    Great news today about Horner riding the tour. I see him as a great domestic for someone,(Kloeden or Frank?,) and then ride the Olympics and ride the Vuelta for Andy.
    If Horner rides the TTs at a moderate pace, he could also vie for stage wins, or crushing attacks on behalf of Kloeden and Frank.
    BTW I think Frank is bluffing about not being a GC contender. Why else would he be riding the tour?
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 19:43 »
    No Fuglsang is surprising, I feel bad for him. But I hope Monfort will get the chance to ride for himself, I think he could reach top-10 if he has good form.

Fränk could either be bluffing or really be more interested in stages and perhaps the polka dots. Perhaps he honestly believes that it's impossible for him to be any good at the Tour without his usual 'perfect' preperation.. But I hope he's bluffing and will give the GC a shot with some good uphill attacks.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [August 19, 2017, 19:37]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [August 19, 2017, 19:32]

Re: [2.HC] Colorado Classic by hiero
    [August 19, 2017, 17:18]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by t-72
    [August 19, 2017, 14:00]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by LukasCPH