• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5647
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Sad News :(
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 11:41 »
Just fyi, should this thread be open to the public? When clicking on the header as a Guest it comes up as an error.

It's in the Members' Lounge, so yeah, I see your point. I don't think anyone is going to bother changing it though. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29 »
    We could simply move it to general discussion?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 13:30 »
    We could simply move it to general discussion?

We could and Tu had a valid point and was sweet for mentioning it but I like that it's a members thing. A little more intimate and off the search engine radar, which is somehow a bit more respectful. This is one of those usability issues that I don't mind not addressing. :P
  • ReplyReply

• l29205

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 127
    « Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 13:39 »
    Awful news, best wishes to his family.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 258
    • Awards: 2014 & 2015 Official Prediction Game ChampReigning TDF Prediction Champ
    « Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 17:51 »
    This is terrible
    RIP Keith
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10711
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 10:17 »

Eulogy

Not sure any of us Knew Keith, or as sometimes referred Uncle Keith.

but I think I can say we all looked forward to his posts and chats. He loved Cycling especially British, but had a real soft spot for Contador, he would banter and discuss with Flo the ins and outs of Tinkoff team and how AC was travelling.

He liked a discussion and even admitted to seeing some issues with rose coloured glasses, not Darkside though,  I think he wanted if there was evidence to be the one who found it re Sky, and that's what a lot of people missed, they saw a British cycling fanboy, but that was just a disguise.  He just wanted facts and was ready to tell the world if he found them.

His book reviews were becoming the stuff of VR legend, he could read fast and get the facts as seen through his eyes out in a way that made you feel like you had read the book.

He took over and organised the prediction game, because it needed doing and was happy to see Flo take over, it seems these 2 had a bond, a crazy thing really, a English man with 2 kids and a Dutch kid starting out in life bonding over cycling and this thing called Velorooms.

Life is crap sometimes, but thanks Keith for the short time we knew you. You in riched us with your passion and ways.

RIP Keith
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:47 by just some guy »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3807
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 21:49 »
    This is terrible.... Oh no
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1065
    « Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 20:12 »
    Sad news indeed. I was away in late July and early August and when I returned, I had to throw myself into work. But when I did log on here something was clearly missing, a note among the clamour of voices wasn't there, an important note, a note that helped make VR worth logging on to, but one I couldn't identify as missing. No surprise really what with summer holidays and people finding other things to do, but stumbling on this thread while looking for something totally different, I find that the reality is much more shocking. 

RIP Keith.
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 740
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #38 on: March 07, 2015, 21:36 »
    Sorry for bumping this but just RIP Keith, I just found out today because of Larries sig. Jeeeez.

flip.

flip.

I was wondering why he wasnt anymore posting untill I stumbled unto this.

Jeeez.

flip it.

• ReplyReply

•