collapse

Echoes

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1042
Re: Track Cycling - Assorted Results
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 09:31 »
Great day for Belgian Track cycling at the European junior & U23 championships

Lotte Kopecky won the women's U23 Point Race, Gerben Thijssen was 3rd in the men's junior race. Junior Ayrton De Pauw (what a name) and U23 Nick Degrendele are qualified for the semi-finals in the sprint.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Echoes

• Road Captain
    « Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 11:44 »
    Gerben Thijssen got a silver medal in the Madison and a bronze medal in the Point Race at the U23 Euro championship in Montichiari.

Three weeks before he underwent a shoulder injury. The orthopedist had advised him rest till end August.

A few months ago he contracted the Lyme disease which forced him to follow a strong cure of antibiotics and of course stop competing.

He'll race next ear for the U23 Lotto Soudal team. "For me, the dream team". He put the other offers aside right after Lotto contacted him. He will get the chance to combine track & road there.  ;)

(Belang van Limburg)
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1420
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 18:27 »
     Went down to see Becky at the GB training camp in Newport and came away having witnessed this:-

http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14646185.GB_men_better_world_record_while_training_at_Newport_Velodrome/?ref=fbshr
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Echoes

• Road Captain
    « Reply #33 on: November 08, 2016, 12:29 »

(Belang van Limburg)

In his first paticipationi at a World Cup event, Robbe Ghys won Gold in the scratch and did a great performance in the team pursuit.

He was very much surprised but in a scratch race it can get any way. It's just like a normal race in which you need to be first on the finish line.

He's long raced in a losing position but with 22 laps to go his group managed to get back and then he stated to believe in his chances. He attacked and Russian Piskunov and Portuguese Oliveira went along but he knew them a little and knew that in the sprint he can handle them but they still had to hold off the bunch. They managed to do it and indeed he was faster than his two breakaway mates.

He's also very proud of his performance in the team pursuit. He managed to consolidate his place as starter. As starter you are expected to go all out for 1.5 lap. You need to blow up immediately. Not everybody can do that.

Next week he races the Sixes of Ghent "among the real big men", partnering Christian Grasmann, winner of the Six of Bremmen with Kenny De Ketele last February and 2nd in the Sixes of Rotterdam.

I'm super happy to have him as partner and with him i'm going to learn a lot. That's mostly what I want to do in those Sixes.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5656
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #34 on: November 08, 2016, 13:06 »
    Next week he races the Sixes of Ghent "among the real big men", partnering Christian Grasmann, winner of the Six of Bremmen with Kenny De Ketele last February and 2nd in the Sixes of Rotterdam.
    That is an excellent, excellent partner for an up-and-coming trackie. Lots of experience, knows how to ride a Sixdays not only for the win, but also for a 'minor' placing (I don't think they can compete with the top pairs in Gent), giving his all, and a bit of a joker as well, always in a good mood - I think motivation plays a major role in a six-day competition. The two riders need to be ready to bury themselves for one another.

They will be interesting to follow. :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3213
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 09:57 »
    Some results from this weekend's action...

NATIONAL TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS *uk

WOMEN'S
    IP: Katie Archibald #wnt
    Sprint: Jessica Crampton
    Scratch: Katie Archibald #wnt
    Team Pursuit: Team Breeze (#teamgb Senior Academy riders)
    Keirin: Sophie Capewell [Team Terminator]
    500m TT: Danielle Khan
    Team Sprint: Team Terminator (Sophie Capewell and Lauren Bate-Lowe)

MEN'S
    IP: Daniel Bigham [Brother NRG Driverplan]
    Keirin: Lewis Oliva [Team USN]
    Kilo: Daniel Bigham [Brother NRG Driverplan]
    Sprint: Ryan Owens
    Scratch: Ethan Hayter
    Team Pursuit: Team Brother NRG Driverplan
    Team Sprint: Jack Carlin, Ryan Owens and Joe Truman

CAMPEONATO NACIONAL DE PISTA *pt

WOMEN'S
    Scratch: Soraia Silva [Bairrada]
    IP: Daniela Reis #lares

MEN'S
    Omnium: Ivo Oliveira #axeon
    Scratch: João Matias #aluminios
    IP: Ivo Oliveira #axeon
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)