collapse

Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
  • Liked: 789
  • Venga! Venga! Venga!
Re: Sky
« Reply #930 on: August 13, 2013, 12:33 »
I must admit I didnt see the Tour of Poland TT but when I read the report on CN something odd struck me:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-pologne-2013/stage-7/results
Wiggins looked comfortable from the moment he rolled down the start ramp and settled immediately into his familiar high cadence. Unlike at the Giro d’Italia time trial at Saltara – incidentally, his only other individual time trial this season – there were no mechanical mishaps, and Wiggins duly crossed the finish line with a time some 56 seconds quicker than Cancellara and 1:14 faster than Taylor Phinney (BMC).
Didnt we learn from Wiggins last year he lowered his cadence? To be able to match Tony Martin's TT skills?

So, low cadence at low weight. High cadence at 8 kiloos extra? Or does he need some extra pies to reach the magic 8 kiloos extra, what would set him at 77 kilo for the Worlds TT?

One thing he is very clear at, with those 8 kilo extra he cant climb anymore. It would be interesting to ask him how he was timetrialling at the same level last year with all those less kiloos on board.

It is good he is back in the media, I missed him. He is a funny oll chap.

• ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.