collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11128
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Sky
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2012, 16:06 »
I was wondering, is it OK to use the word w**nk*r over here?

You can even go to ur profile and turn off the word filter

Say alll sorts of things just not race, sex based ofc

And others can read what you say if they decide to have the filter off

Which is flipping nice
 ;)

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6761
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #181 on: July 10, 2012, 16:07 »
    Yeah, but I think Huge was joking. And I only just got it.  ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #182 on: July 10, 2012, 16:09 »
    Silly us being all professional
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485
    « Reply #183 on: July 10, 2012, 20:25 »
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE86912520120710?irpc=932

TOP NEWS
    Wiggins puts trust in Australian coach
    Tue, Jul 10 13:43 PM EDT
    By Julien Pretot
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #184 on: July 10, 2012, 20:27 »
    is it double standard not to say anything re Remy today or trying to catch a horse that kicked you in the nuts and bolted

or am I showing bias  ;D

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/533830/wiggins-taking-nothing-for-granted-despite-dream-scenario.html

Speaking to the 50-odd press pack just before the start of the conference, Sky head of business operations Fran Millar said "We're not going to answer questions about Cofidis. We're here to talk about our own race... If someone does [ask one], I'm going to interrupt and ask somebody else."
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1285
    « Reply #185 on: July 10, 2012, 20:33 »
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE86912520120710?irpc=932

TOP NEWS
    Wiggins puts trust in Australian coach
    Tue, Jul 10 13:43 PM EDT
    By Julien Pretot
    Of course it's interesting when Aussies cast aspersions on the purity of the British effort. The Team GB programme is pretty much lifted from the Australian one - methods and personnel.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3987
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #186 on: July 11, 2012, 01:59 »
    I was wondering, is it OK to use the word w**nk*r over here?

:wave Hugh

Just for Brad - :winker    ;D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #187 on: July 11, 2012, 08:49 »
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #188 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19 »
    You guys are so flipping obsessed with doping, affairs, and Lance that you even dont know how to enjoy in cycling. No one should ever won with such supremacy like Sky, coz doping police is alert and everyone is guilty. Nuts!
    Freaking sad!

Ha, the most intelligent post in this whole dung heap of a thread and its from Andy. Rofl, did not see that.

Not going to respond to anything the only thing I'll say (here) on the matter is to post this (not written by me):

http://www.tourdecouch.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/whats-in-narrative.html
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #189 on: July 11, 2012, 10:52 »
    So we should be like robot and not be surprised at anything now!!
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #190 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01 »
    http://www.sportsscientists.com/2012/07/tour-in-mountains-analysis-discussion.html

According to these guys, what we have seen is well within bounds of recent tour performances. And I trust their judgement more than forummers who go, "Oh no, he beat Cancellara, he must be doping."

Doesn't prove Wiggins is not doping, just that an objective analysis of the data doesn't show that he is.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #191 on: July 11, 2012, 11:05 »
    http://www.sportsscientists.com/2012/07/tour-in-mountains-analysis-discussion.html

According to these guys, what we have seen is well within bounds of recent tour performances. And I trust their judgement more than forummers who go, "Oh no, he beat Cancellara, he must be doping."

Doesn't prove Wiggins is not doping, just that an objective analysis of the data doesn't show that he is.

The problem or question i have is that he has held his form all season long so far..who has done that? Philip Gilbert..which was unbelievable itself.
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #192 on: July 11, 2012, 11:48 »
    The problem or question i have is that he has held his form all season long so far..who has done that? Philip Gilbert..which was unbelievable itself.
    Contador always does it.

Wiggins is clearly trying to maintain a higher all year round level than anyone else so it's no surprise he's picked up wins, but remember in a couple of them he squeaked past guys who wouldn't be considered genuine GT threats so maybe it's just that his form was just a bit higher than anyone else's like BYOP just said.

I also don't think anyone else is looking very good. Evans had a lot of success coming into the 2011 Tour, but this year? Meanwhile Menchov has done nothing this year, RaNT is disarray and no baby Schleck, Gesink crashing out again, a lot of team leaders did the Giro, no Contador, Samuel Sanchez with no form and injured. And in the TTs, Cancellara hasn't dominated since 2010 and Tony Martin's injured and can't even hold the bars.

Who's left, Nibali and JVDB?

What were you expecting to happen if the race was clean that hasn't happened?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #193 on: July 11, 2012, 12:00 »
    Kimmage weighs in:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12357/Kimmage-disappointed-in-Wiggins-and-Team-Sky-over-transparency.aspx

I was waiting to read what he would say. Another well-written article from Stokes.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #194 on: July 11, 2012, 12:09 »
    Contador always does it.

Wiggins is clearly trying to maintain a higher all year round level than anyone else so it's no surprise he's picked up wins, but remember in a couple of them he squeaked past guys who wouldn't be considered genuine GT threats so maybe it's just that his form was just a bit higher than anyone else's like BYOP just said.

I also don't think anyone else is looking very good. Evans had a lot of success coming into the 2011 Tour, but this year? Meanwhile Menchov has done nothing this year, RaNT is disarray and no baby Schleck, Gesink crashing out again, a lot of team leaders did the Giro, no Contador, Samuel Sanchez with no form and injured. And in the TTs, Cancellara hasn't dominated since 2010 and Tony Martin's injured and can't even hold the bars.

Contador  lolzzzzz
    Anyways. I should have said not only wiggins but also rogers,froome and porte. Yea wiggins could be expected. But the other three and along with him certainly "raised an eyebrows"
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #195 on: July 11, 2012, 12:12 »
    Zam did you read about the swimming technique because that may serve to lessem your doubts.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #196 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23 »
    Zam did you read about the swimming technique because that may serve to lessem your doubts.

Okay, thank you. It's all clear now. Case closed.
  • ReplyReply

• Gravel Rash

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 6
    « Reply #197 on: July 11, 2012, 12:54 »
    Contador always does it.

Never before has anyone won Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine and Tour in the same year. Wiggins is good but that is incredible.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #198 on: July 11, 2012, 13:02 »
    Never before has anyone won Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine and Tour in the same year. Wiggins is good but that is incredible.

To be fair, the Tdf ain't over yet.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2504
    « Reply #199 on: July 11, 2012, 13:09 »

All four races were perfectly designed for him. All are very TT-heavy with little serious mountains. I mean, in Paris-Nice the queen stage was up to Mende :fp So it's not surprising the best TT'er of the GC rider won all three. Wiggins is good, but course-wise this Tour and all those other races were a perfect fit for him, so I don't find it that astonishing that he won all of them.

And indeed, the Tour is not yet over. Wiggins is about to tackle the first serious climbs of the year for him and it remains to be seen how he will handle those.
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    « Reply #200 on: July 11, 2012, 13:55 »
    Who did he beat in the first two?

Talansky by 12 seconds and Westra by 8. Incredible.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3370
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #202 on: July 11, 2012, 16:46 »
    Who did he beat in the first two?

Talansky by 12 seconds and Westra by 8. Incredible.
    Indeed incredible that those two would better riders like Valverde and Kreuziger  :P
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1122
    Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #204 on: July 11, 2012, 18:37 »
    Who bothers me a lot too is Richie Porte, he has gone from the guy who did the work on the flat for SaxoBank last year, to the guy who rolls back GC winners in who are attacking at almost full gas. I mean, Porte had to do the work at SaxoBank because he got dropped like a rock when the gradient rose to 2%.

136th in the stage to Gardeccia in the 2011 Giro, 93rd in the Mountain Time Trial which wasnt even a tough climb but had a few kms flat before the climb too. The stage to the Etna was his best result on the mountains that Giro, frikking 65th. And now Richie Porte is riding the Grand Colombier & Richemont on front and reels back in Nibali? I'm sorry, but how could I not be cynical after seeing this.
  • ReplyReply

• jobiwan

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #205 on: July 11, 2012, 19:00 »
    I’m tested by the UCI, god knows how many times a year, god knows how many times at the Dauphiné, blood tested every morning. What more can I do other than that?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-im-not-some-s-t-rider-who-has-come-from-nowhere

I'm not saying whether he is or isn't, but that is NOT the defense to be using at this point.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 20:04 by jobiwan »

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #206 on: July 11, 2012, 19:06 »
    Who bothers me a lot too is Richie Porte, he has gone from the guy who did the work on the flat for SaxoBank last year, to the guy who rolls back GC winners in who are attacking at almost full gas. I mean, Porte had to do the work at SaxoBank because he got dropped like a rock when the gradient rose to 2%.

136th in the stage to Gardeccia in the 2011 Giro, 93rd in the Mountain Time Trial which wasnt even a tough climb but had a few kms flat before the climb too. The stage to the Etna was his best result on the mountains that Giro, frikking 65th. And now Richie Porte is riding the Grand Colombier & Richemont on front and reels back in Nibali? I'm sorry, but how could I not be cynical after seeing this.
    Havetts Ok I understand where you are coming from, but I believe you are a tad mistaken because cyclists depend on form a lot. A yound unexperienced rider like Porte was last year is not going to ride well if he is being made to races when he is not fit and then being to made more races when he is fatigues because of those races. This is exactly what happened to Porte last year he was made to race the Giro when he was in poor form and was not supposed to and then he then was required to race the Tour, it was a Saxo desperate plan as much of the last 2 seasons at Saxo Bank have been as they struggle to remain WT and it ruined Porte's season. Many riders have poor seasons for one reason or another and the above reasons coupled with Porte's inexperience was certainly enough imo to ruin Porte's season.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #209 on: July 11, 2012, 20:50 »
    Shane Stokes talks to Paul Kimmage

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12357/Kimmage-disappointed-in-Wiggins-and-Team-Sky-over-transparency.aspx

Kimmage rubbishing cycling once again, oh will he never tire of rubbishing cycling. Frankly I will never understand why he choses cycling, tarnishs cycling as much as the dopers.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.