collapse

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 7786
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Sky
« Reply #1830 on: October 08, 2016, 23:18 »
Sky make it so much harder than it needs to be
There's a German saying, "warum einfach, wenn's auch kompliziert geht" - "why simple if you can do it complicated".
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

riding too slowly

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 311
    « Reply #1831 on: October 09, 2016, 00:26 »
    I did know that was coming MV  :lol

For all the Daily fails bad points and there are Millions of them, they clearly have someone within BC which is interesting

So for every story we will have to peel back the layers of spin and bs, but the base of the story may well worth discussing in detail

Someone who wants some people to remember he knows and know that he can share if he needs to.  This is very funny.  Why did Brailsford accuse Slater of hacking his phone.  It is all there, just join it up. 

Pooley was not thrown under the bus. Brailsford just only remembered the early times when she too was a chosen one. A mistake like the story about the bus having left. 

Think - why Sestriere ?
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1639
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11442
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #1833 on: October 12, 2016, 08:28 »
    Cope just making things worse

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cope-i-dont-know-what-was-in-the-package-for-team-sky/

Just say no idea what is in the package

Was told to take it to Freeman and did end of ask Freeman
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #1834 on: October 12, 2016, 08:30 »
    Freeman is currently being interviewed by the BBC
  • ReplyReply

• stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 299
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    « Reply #1835 on: October 12, 2016, 08:33 »
    <gets the popcorn out>
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1836 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57 »
    Cope just making things worse

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cope-i-dont-know-what-was-in-the-package-for-team-sky/
    "If people were going somewhere" ... well, you weren't going somewhere, Mr Cope.
    You got on a plane to Geneva, then hired a car to drive to the Critérium du Dauphiné and meet up with Team Sky, drove back the next day, and took a plane home.

:fp
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 813
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #1837 on: October 12, 2016, 13:25 »
    That Team Sky Statement in full...

A message from Team Sky:
    It has been a challenging few weeks for the Team. Given some of the recent headlines we wanted to set out the facts.
    Team Sky was recently contacted by the Daily Mail regarding an allegation of wrongdoing which we strongly refute. We informed British Cycling of the allegation and asked them to contact UK Anti Doping (UKAD). We understand that UKAD are currently investigating this as you would expect.
    Some newspapers this morning have reported that Team Sky and British Cycling were 'raided' by UKAD yesterday. This was not the case. UKAD have confirmed they attended a meeting with British Cycling at the Velodrome in Manchester with their full cooperation.
    We welcome this investigation as we are confident there has been no wrongdoing. We take these issues seriously and we will cooperate fully with UKAD. We hope it can be completed as thoroughly and quickly as possible.
    In the meantime we hope that you will understand why we cannot comment on the specifics of the allegations or the details of the process.
    Team Sky abide by the rules. We are committed to clean competition and we want you to know that we 100% stand by that.
    Team Sky
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3481
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #1838 on: October 12, 2016, 14:11 »
    That Team Sky Statement in full...

Folks won't be happy to with that. Just a load of words.
    Full cooperation with UKAD is one thing, but it's only full cooperation with the Daily Mail that could possibly satisfy those demanding answers.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4145
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1839 on: October 13, 2016, 00:31 »
    Folks wont be happy with that as its a load of crap

It doesnt do anything to explain anything - just hides behind the fact that they are being investigated.

Let me give them a hint - UKAD asking you questions doesnt actually stop you from giving answers.  It just means that more people than the Daily Mail are asking the questions
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • World Champion
    • Liked: 4584
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #1841 on: October 13, 2016, 10:57 »
    https://twitter.com/TelegraphSport/status/786264923735076865
    Does this mark his retirement from road racing then or will there be a comeback 3.0?
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1842 on: October 13, 2016, 11:07 »
    Does this mark his retirement from road racing then or will there be a comeback 3.0?

Good question  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1843 on: October 13, 2016, 11:26 »
    Bit of a twitter  discussion

Rob from Ride pointed out Wiggo is riding 6 days in London and Fus pointed out quotes he was riding came from the race not Wiggo
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1824
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    « Reply #1844 on: October 13, 2016, 15:22 »
    Rumour has it that it was just a bottle of Alpecin in the package for Sir Dave.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    « Reply #1845 on: October 13, 2016, 18:03 »
    You couldn't make it up ... Abu Dhabi Tour organisers have released the following statement: :fp
    BRADLEY WIGGINS AT THE ABU DHABI TOUR CLARIFICATION FROM ABU DHABI TOUR ORGANISERS

The Abu Dhabi Tour, organised by the Abu Dhabi Sports Council with the collaboration of RCS Sport, wish to share this clarification of the issues surrounding Sir Bradley Wiggins’ contracted appearance at the 2nd edition of the four-stage road race, 20-23 October.
    Before the first announcement (20 September) we received the approval from Team Wiggins to communicate the presence of Bradley Wiggins at the upcoming Abu Dhabi Tour.
    Last week the Official Enrolment Form was submitted by a Team Wiggins official to RCS Sport with the name of the rider Bradley Wiggins included in the provisional entry list.
    In addition, as is usual practise for a major race, flights and accommodation have been booked in the name of Bradley Wiggins and those accompanying him.
    The race organisers are surprised and disappointed to see different stories in the media regarding Bradley Wiggins and the Abu Dhabi Tour.
    It is important to clarify that the long-standing expectation has been that Sir Bradley will be riding the 2016 Abu Dhabi Tour, and that all operations by the race owner, race organiser and its representatives and agents have been based on that expectation in good faith.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1846 on: October 18, 2016, 00:50 »
    In the news:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-refuses-to-clarify-contents-of-team-skys-medical-package/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cyclingnews%2Fnews+%28Cyclingnews%3A+News+%29

In his own words:
    "From what was a very small fire, if you like, I inadvertently threw a huge amount of petrol on it and two and two equals ten now…

Uh, yeah. And he CONTINUES to throw petrol on it. Sometimes a stiff neck makes for a stupid man.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1847 on: October 18, 2016, 16:40 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/10/news/froome-wiggins-tue-reports-surprised_423239

Huhn. Can you say bus? Can you say throw? Look, Jane, look! Can you see? Dawg throws Wiggo under the bus!

Now, if I could only do that in rhyming slang, and we could all get some fun out of it.  :fp  :(  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1848 on: October 19, 2016, 06:39 »
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1122
    « Reply #1849 on: October 19, 2016, 10:03 »
    Reminds me of the Hitch brilliant video

• ReplyReply
  • Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1850 on: October 21, 2016, 14:53 »
    I really like what Keen says here. It gives me confidence in the upper echelons of our sport:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/peter-keen-highlights-seriousness-of-british-cycling-and-team-sky-allegations
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #1851 on: October 21, 2016, 20:43 »
    I really like what Keen says here. It gives me confidence in the upper echelons of our sport:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/peter-keen-highlights-seriousness-of-british-cycling-and-team-sky-allegations

(Unless you were using sarcasm to the extreme) your response was exactly what that little performance from Keen was designed to achieve.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1852 on: October 22, 2016, 20:41 »
    (Unless you were using sarcasm to the extreme) your response was exactly what that little performance from Keen was designed to achieve.

No sarcasm.

You are suggesting that his words were scripted and designed for a particular effect? Which is just fine - since he is rather at the top of the pyramid, and one expects that once a person has attained such heights of influence and achievement that some measure of public speaking ability comes along with.

But you seem to be implying that Keen's words were a staged act, which would mean there was collusion with other actors. And would imply that I am a dupe, a "useful tool (or fool)" in the old cold war slang, i.e. someone who has a low level of information but believes themselves to be in possession of a high amount of information. I would no more agree with that then I would that Trump's Republican detractors were somehow conspiring with the Democratic party elite.

Besides, Keen's statement is way too complicated to consider it somehow fitting the omerta pattern of public-facing presentation. No, I think he is being honest - or at least as honest as any competent public persona ever is. You don't ever give the whole truth, do you? That would end with a constant TMI listener revulsion.
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 665

pastronef

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1854 on: November 23, 2016, 14:24 »
    https://www.twitter.com/Digger_forum/status/801401545178968064

Digger about Elissonde´s interview on CN.

I like Kenny. no rider is holier. many Kenny fans wont be happy about his stance about Sky

if he had a different stance, he wouldn have signed for Sky

(... oh no, not Kenny!.... they´ll brainwash him!....)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    « Reply #1855 on: November 23, 2016, 14:45 »
    I like Kenny. no rider is holier. many Kenny fans wont be happy about his stance about Sky

if he had a different stance, he wouldn have signed for Sky
    He wasn't ever going to say anything else.
    Even if he had a different stance, now that he has signed for Sky, of course he'll push the official line.

Had he said "well, there are obviously a lot of question marks that came up this year, and I had serious qualms about signing with the team because of that", he'd be out of the team quicker than he could say 'personal opinion'.
    Seriously, what do people expect? :S
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1856 on: November 23, 2016, 14:52 »
    He wasn't ever going to say anything else.
    Even if he had a different stance, now that he has signed for Sky, of course he'll push the official line.

Had he said "well, there are obviously a lot of question marks that came up this year, and I had serious qualms about signing with the team because of that", he'd be out of the team quicker than he could say 'personal opinion'.
    Seriously, what do people expect? :S

what I meant is that Kenny´s fangirls couldnt believe he had "no serious qualms about signing"
    but the truth is he didnt have qualms.
    we want riders to think like us. but, luckily, they dont
    (ok I admit I am very pro-Sky biased)
    :shh  :P
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #1857 on: November 23, 2016, 19:19 »
    No sarcasm.

You are suggesting that his words were scripted and designed for a particular effect?

Yes

Which is just fine - since he is rather at the top of the pyramid, and one expects that once a person has attained such heights of influence and achievement that some measure of public speaking ability comes along with.

But you seem to be implying that Keen's words were a staged act

Yes

which would mean there was collusion with other actors

Errrr Yes

And would imply that I am a dupe

You can make your own mind up about yourself, I am not calling you anything.

I am quite happy to stand in a group of one, after all everyone gave me a hard time about a "fantasy" that there could actually be silent bans in cycling in this time of the internet and global transparency.    Poorly Lizzy Wizzy leaves the Giro to get ready for the Olympic games and is still ill so does not ride the GB champs.  Poor Lizzy.  And then all that stuff about a family crisis and her wiped twitter account but she has actually been booking wedding bands when this "crisis" was on. 

Keen singing the Omerta.  Well I suppose he could be Mr Clean at the top of the sport.  Now just remind me how he started out with on the big time, oh that's right Tony Doyle. 

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #1859 on: December 09, 2016, 11:00 »
    The whole TL is weird if the Jiffy bag contains Triamcinolone acetonide

then Sky delver the drug via Cole on the 12th of June

The TUE is approved for use of the drug on the 29 th not sure when the paperword was sent in

if the jiffy bag contains Triamcinolone acetonide then the devilry arrives 17 days before the TUE says it was given to BW

really odd 
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Ardennes Classics (Flèche Wallonne) by Mellow Velo
    [September 29, 2020, 20:19]

Ardennes Classics (Flèche Wallonne) by search
    [September 29, 2020, 18:41]

Re: Imola 2020 World Road Cycling Championships by L'arri
    [September 29, 2020, 11:22]