collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7562
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Sky
« Reply #960 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35 »
You know journalists.
They just write whatever comes into their heads.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    « Reply #961 on: August 13, 2013, 13:00 »
    Watch the interview Sir Wiggo gave before the start of the Eneco Tour
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pcNncLkgaVc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpcNncLkgaVc%26feature%3Dplayer_detailpage

He gives zero respect to any and all journalists. He simply says anything.
    Some say he is eccentric, others annoying, but he is consistent.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #962 on: August 13, 2013, 13:08 »
    "Looking at it [the parcours] one day at a time"?
    Very unlike Sky if true.
    Marginal gains, playing your cards as best you can, identifying the days to take time - are we to believe they don't do any of this for the ENECO Tour?
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #963 on: August 13, 2013, 13:24 »
    "Looking at it [the parcours] one day at a time"?
    Very unlike Sky if true.
    Marginal gains, playing your cards as best you can, identifying the days to take time - are we to believe they don't do any of this for the ENECO Tour?
    As I said, Wiggins says any old rubbish.
    Wiggins is at ENECO for the TT, he will check out the parcours beforehand.
    I suspect that the only Sky riders here who can win is Stannard and Hayman with the last two stages effectively being classic stages.
    Both of them will be especially motivated with their contracts being up at the end of the season.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 463
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #964 on: August 13, 2013, 13:45 »
    Bet he had a look at the parcours for the USA Pro Challenge ITT (Stg5) and thought " Let the Dawg do that monster"
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #965 on: August 14, 2013, 23:39 »
    Wow - David Walsh on a general talking head sports show on Sky tonight:

Paraphrasing Dave Brailsford - "It is not important to have harmony in the team and that old idea of camaraderie. It is great if you have it, but ultimately if everyone is working to the same goal, it doesn't matter.

Hmmm - seems to me that Brailsford is doing a tad of cognitive dissonance again about the situation he faces and Walsh is buying it. I think Wiggo v Froome is a problem, especially since the marketable guy is not winning.

Walsh comparing the Wiggo and Froome situation to van Persie and Rooney at Man Utd said it is completely different - Van Persie enjoys playing with Rooney. Wiggins didn't ride the Tour de France because he was injured, but most people within the team believe, rightly or wrongly,  that even if Wiggo was 100% fit he wouldn't have ridden the Tour de France. The reason he wouldn't have ridden is that Wiggo would have found it too difficult to be the 1st lieutenant, because they don't get on.

Hmmm, exactly that same situation - last years hero has been replaced.

Walsh also on accommodation arrangements - Froome didn't want the privilege of having a single room. He preferred to share with Porte, Gabi Lopez got the single room. Walsh thinks this was a huge gesture that said something about Froome as a leader.

Hmmm, I suspect little gestures are important, but perhaps Froome wanted a familiar environment.

Walsh on marginal gains - "Clive Woodward did it before in Rugby. But where Brailsford has been impressive is applying it in a sport where doping has been a large part of it. We have much better testing, much less doping. There is a vacuum and the other teams who have been doping, now have a challenge. You can't fill the guys with drugs  so what are you going to do to make them go faster? Brailsford came from Track Cycling where there wasn't a culture of doping so he'd been applying science for years and years, so when he came into road racing it was the perfect time. He has won two tours because he understood the science and the other teams have been so slow to cotton on to what Team Sky have been doing"

Hmmm, not so sure that Garmin and Movistar agree with this.

Walsh is defo walking the line here. Not a cyclists fan, but as a managers fan. Walsh seems in awe of Brailsford.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 23:50 by KeithJamesMc »

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #966 on: August 15, 2013, 07:44 »
    Poor David Lopez.
    Not only was he the only Spanish-speaker on the Tour team, but he even had to take the room his team leader didn't want. :D

Walsh on marginal gains - "Clive Woodward did it before in Rugby. But where Brailsford has been impressive is applying it in a sport where doping has been a large part of it.
    Yeah, rugby players are as pure as newborn babies. :rolleye

"He has won two tours because he understood the science and the other teams have been so slow to cotton on to what Team Sky have been doing"
    Brailsford's science - I'd say it goes like this in racing: Plan A, every rider gets an output he has to reach. Plan B, repeat plan A. Plan C, repeat plan A. Plan D, REPEAT PLAN A!
    Walsh has a point in the sentence I quoted - plan A has worked for two Tours, and arguably for one Vuelta (2011). But it relies very much on the other teams "playing along" and acting expectedly - if the racing gets chaotic it fails, and so do plans B-D. Examples are this year's Giro, and stages 9 (Bagnères-de-Bigorre) & 13 (echelons) of this year's Tour; possibly the 2012 Vuelta as well (with the Fuente Dé stage in particular). That one also shows that if the last section of your rocket doesn't fire, the whole rocket isn't much good.

I'll argue that Brailsford is still very much restricted by his track background where things are much more planable than in road racing. There's a reason why Sky haven't excelled in classics yet - they don't lend themselves to pre-planned tactics at all.

In my opinion, Sky haven't won two Tours because of their scientific approach, but despite disregarding "old ideas": Any pro rider is capable of riding like a robot at a limit you've set him and do what was agreed to before the race (or at least he should be); but far from all of them have the nous and daring to throw the playbook out the window, adapt to the situation that's formed on the road and seize opportunities.

Paraphrasing Dave Brailsford - "It is not important to have harmony in the team and that old idea of camaraderie. It is great if you have it, but ultimately if everyone is working to the same goal, it doesn't matter.
    And that's where this comes in: If plan A works, you'll have a number of somewhat disgruntled (but handsomely paid) robots working towards what the boss has set out as the common goal.
    But if plan A doesn't work, people that don't particularly care about their teammates one way or the other may simply resort to "Dienst nach Vorschrift", doing what they're told to do, and only that. If you had team spirit, and riders were gladly willing to bury themselves for each other, you could rescue the situation - or take an unexpected opportunity when it presents itself.

Sky may not be doping (technically, or morally), I can't know; but their racing is simply one-dimensional and unintelligent.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #967 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28 »
    Sky may not be doping (technically, or morally), I can't know; but their racing is simply one-dimensional and unintelligent
    Personally, I think Sky were very lucky in this years Tour de France, especially compared perfect team display in the Wiggo victory, and the main reason they won is that the other teams were not aggressive enough:
    1. Sky came into the race with several riders under-par. I am thinking of Lopez, Suitsou and Boassen-Hagen specifically. My gut feel is the same as the Classics squad - they over trained. I am not sure but I suspect the Kerrison training plans do not work for everyone. Tiernan-Locke has publicly said that his appalling 2013 form is due to over training.
    2. Sky was exposed on the second mountain stage into Bagneres when Froome was isolated and Kiryenka eliminated. Garmin kicked off the days fireworks, but really only Movistar out of the GT contenders tried attacking Froome - on the flat with Valverde and on the final climb with Quintana. I was completely baffled in that stage - why didn't Katusha and Saxo attack? Why didn't Movistar attack with both Quintana and Valverde at the same time?
    3. The other teams did not figure out the lessons from that stage - that Froome's mountain helpers Kennaugh and Porte fell apart on the second effort day of climbing. It may have been too late in the Alps but I expected it all to kick off on the Col de la Madeleine. Perhaps the others riders were knackered at this point also?
    Having said that clearly Froome was the strongest individual rider and perhaps he just didn't need the Herculean team effort that took Wiggo to victory in the previous year?

I also think that others, specifically Astana, Movistar and OPQS, are catching up quick to Team Sky and next year it will extremely difficult to make it 3 TdF's in a row.

Regarding the Classics, I think where Sky suffer most is that they do not have a decent DS on the team and are missing Sean Yates. Don't get me started on Servais Knaven, but given he is a previous Paris-Roubaix winner his tactics are completely inept. However, did you see how he won in 2001? Complete domination of the selection by Domo-Frites and attacking by individual riders one after the other. I am sure that Lefevre wanted Museeuw to win that day, but strange things happen in cycling and one for the team was a good consolation prize. Servais Knaven needs to remember that next year.
  • ReplyReply

• fiftyfifteenfixed

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #968 on: August 15, 2013, 16:49 »
    their racing is simply one-dimensional and unintelligent.
    But nevertheless quite successful at the Tour de France and a
    large number of one week tours over the last couple of years.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #969 on: August 19, 2013, 11:40 »
    Excellent interview with Wiggins in todays' Times:

1) No more GT leadership, but would like to ride next years tour as a domestique
    2) Plan to finish off road career next year - targeting one day races and time trials
    3) Plan to finish off career competing for a place on the track at Rio
    4) Lot of bad blood with Froome and his girlfriend. Hasn't rang him because doesn't have phone number, but plans to congratulate at the Worlds
    5) Team backed Froome over him, natural successor is Porte. Sutton and Brailsford told him in June.
    6) He would never leave Team Sky for another team.
    7) Bit of a blow to his ego be he is getting over it. Froome is better GT rider.
    8) Fame and Celebrity disrupted his training, but he enjoyed it.
    9) He did watch the TdF whilst training in Majorca.

Very good. Much better than the pointless rubbish that Froome and his girlfriend come out with.

ps: I didn't post a link as access to the Times is by subscription only
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 789
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #970 on: August 20, 2013, 14:32 »
    Excellent interview with Wiggins in todays' Times:
    9) He did watch the TdF whilst training in Majorca.

Very good. Much better than the pointless rubbish that Froome and his girlfriend come out with.

ps: I didn't post a link as access to the Times is by subscription only

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2380102/I-watch-Heartache-stopped-Wiggins-living-Froomes-Tour-victory.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2380137/Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-I-watch-Tour-France.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10206732/Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-says-he-could-not-watch-Chris-Froome-win-Tour-de-France-after-pulling-out.html
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/must-read-wiggins-couldnt-bear-to-watch-tour_297330

etc etc

Moral of the story? Well, everyone can make that up for themself. Good to have Brad back in the media, two in a row.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #971 on: August 20, 2013, 14:41 »

etc etc

Moral of the story? Well, everyone can make that up for themself. Good to have Brad back in the media, two in a row.

Well I have said on numerous occassions that only a sucker believes what Wiggo spouts because he is sometimes winding up the jouno's or will change his mind in the next day.

The key questions the journo didn't ask him are:
    - do you think your boss will ask you to take a pay cut now that you plan to be a domestique?
    - how will you feel when your personal sponsorship deals are cut back because of the reduced exposure for them?
    - how will you feel if Froome-dawg doesn't want you on his 2014 team?
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #972 on: August 26, 2013, 09:17 »
    Great interview with Tiernan-Locke in Velonation
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/15326/Jonathan-Tiernan-Locke-feature-Returning-to-an-old-approach-in-order-to-get-back-to-top-form.aspx

Key message is that his poor results this season are a result of over training. And he doesn't blame the coaches, he shares the blame.
    The big diesel engines may be able to absorb lots of slog, to soldier through repeated high-kilometre days of training or huge blocks of racing, but Tiernan Locke feels that his motor needs slightly different stimulation. Certainly, hard racing and training, but also periods of rest and recovery in order to keep the balance right for his own physiology.

“I guess some of what happened this year is my fault, in terms of not being more communicative with my coaches,” he admits, stating that if he had given more feedback the issue would have been pinpointed sooner.

“Still, I have learned a lot this season and I have definitely contributed to the team’s success. I’ve been a useful team member.

In my opinion, the interview shows a lot of maturity: there has been a problem and he knows how to address it. Tiernan-Locke admits he now knows that he is not a GT contender, but can do well in the Ardennes Classics and lighter 1-week races.

It also provides a clue as to why Sky are arriving at GT's with so many of the domestiques out of form. I think we saw it yesterday in the Vuelta: Henao, Kiryienka and Cataldo should have easily coped with that last climb but were nowhere. Uran who does his own thing managed it easily.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11184
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #973 on: August 26, 2013, 09:22 »
    Great interview with Tiernan-Locke in Velonation
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/15326/Jonathan-Tiernan-Locke-feature-Returning-to-an-old-approach-in-order-to-get-back-to-top-form.aspx

Key message is that his poor results this season are a result of over training. And he doesn't blame the coaches, he shares the blame.
    In my opinion, the interview shows a lot of maturity: there has been a problem and he knows how to address it. Tiernan-Locke admits he now knows that he is not a GT contender, but can do well in the Ardennes Classics and lighter 1-week races.

It also provides a clue as to why Sky are arriving at GT's with so many of the domestiques out of form. I think we saw it yesterday in the Vuelta: Henao, Kiryienka and Cataldo should have easily coped with that last climb but were nowhere. Uran who does his own thing managed it easily.

and gives a bit of an insight into my thoughts on why Froome is getting 6 monthly treatments still - stops him from getting sick and run down
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2048
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #974 on: August 26, 2013, 09:33 »
    Bit weird.. you would have thought they would have worked it out a while back.
    It seems like Sky's approach has the potential to really work and get the best or even better out of some, but alternatively it is simply too much for the riders and they end up under performing.

From what I have heard of the training camps especially in Tenerife that would definitely make sense.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #975 on: August 26, 2013, 09:50 »
    Bit weird.. you would have thought they would have worked it out a while back.
    It seems like Sky's approach has the potential to really work and get the best or even better out of some, but alternatively it is simply too much for the riders and they end up under performing.

From what I have heard of the training camps especially in Tenerife that would definitely make sense.

Very East German or well Eastern Block , the harderest and most gifted survive type approach
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #976 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23 »
    So the famous Sky training - marginal gains, new insights, etc. bla-bla - is simply down to "train hard, train long, then train a bit more".
    It has brought them results, no doubt: 2 Tours (one of them a 1-2), three other GT podium places (2 in the Vuelta, 1 in the Giro), a bunch of one-week races - but it comes at a cost: Strongmen like Stannard, EBH, Thomas, Kiryienka etc. (some of whom could be brilliant classics riders) are more or less reduced to pacing machines, and even they have to give in eventually as we see now (and already saw in the Tour); riders that are physically just not as ever-present, like JTL, and Wiggins to some extent, pay the price sooner or later (I think Wiggins just doesn't want to "live like a monk" anymore, and is scaling down his GT ambitions for that reason).

Could the reason that Sky bring through a new pretender to the GT crown every year simply be that the sitting GT king is "burned out" and has to be "discarded"?
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #977 on: August 26, 2013, 10:32 »
    Very East German or well Eastern Block , the harderest and most gifted survive type approach
    I think it is just a sign of the relative youth of the team and the riders desires.

1) The team started off with purely GT objectives - "putting a Brit on the podium on the TdF within 5 years". It seems to me most of the resources were placed on achieving this ultra-endurance objective. This year Sky added an objective of doing well in the Classics - they spectacularly failed. Just like they did in their first 2010 at the GT's. Let us see how they adapt and change in the Classics next year.

2) Riders always dream to ride and do well in the GT's. It is inevitable that they try and achieve this goal first. It is telling that Cav realised very quickly his sprinting dreams were incompatible and would always be secondary to Sky's GT ambitions. Perhaps others will realise this and quit?  I am thinking most here of Eddie Boassen Hagen, who I don't think has realised his potential and should be doing well in the Classics as well as wining the odd Stage.

• ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 572
    « Reply #978 on: August 26, 2013, 10:49 »
    Pretty amazing for a team who claims to have a superior approach to training and reportedly an unparalleled attention to detail can let a rider's season be destroyed by a couple of months of "overtraining".
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #979 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15 »
    It is not just JTL. I would place him in the same category as Dombrowski, Boswell, Cataldo and Kiryenka - first year team member who are adapting (or not) to a new regime.

The worst is EBH who has showed almost no progress. Apparently this is the first year he has ditched his old trainer and signed on fully to the Sky training regime - and he has gone backwards.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #980 on: August 26, 2013, 14:50 »
    Unbelievable. You would have thought after the Alpe D'Huez Froome cock-up Team Sky would have learnt their lesson

http://twitter.com/mrconde/statuses/371987607120404480

No marginal gains, but macro-losses...

• ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 572
    « Reply #981 on: August 26, 2013, 14:55 »
    EBH's season has been no different to previous ones, except he got injured in the Tour so had nothing to show there and it may also affect his autumn.
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #982 on: August 26, 2013, 18:00 »
    An interesting observation. Why were the SKY doms of 2012 (Froome/Porte/Rogers/Sivstjov) in much better shape then the doms of this year?

We shouldnt exagerrate the weakness of the doms though, Kennaugh and the Portey were great in the Tour. Sivstjov rode the Giro, unbelievable he was made to ride the Tour, Lopez was crap indeed - has been so since the Dauphine - , what happened to Kirienka is still a big mystery. On the other hand, they didnt need them after all with the dominance of Froome who outclimbed everyone and put minutes into every GT 'contender' in the TT's.

For the Vuelta it is too soon to tell on how the SKY doms really are. Henao 'forgot to eat' yesterday but recuperated today. And, la Vuelta and the Giro arent the Tour, total chaos cant be controlled. That was a lesson Garmin and Movistar teached SKY in the Tour already.

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6777
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #983 on: August 26, 2013, 19:24 »
    Lopez was crap indeed - has been so since the Dauphine -

His Eneco Tour stage win was awesome in its dominance. It was like watching him in LBL again.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #984 on: August 26, 2013, 21:57 »
    Yep, the next day he was too tired to finish?

• ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #985 on: August 26, 2013, 22:15 »
    An interesting observation. Why were the SKY doms of 2012 (Froome/Porte/Rogers/Sivstjov) in much better shape then the doms of this year?
    My hunch, and it is only a hunch, is that competition for places on the Tour this year was much tougher and therefore a lot of the team domestiques felt under pressure to show form early, train even harder than normal and make the numbers for the Kerriston spreadsheets. The form of some riders in the early week long stage racers was much better.
    We shouldnt exagerrate the weakness of the doms though, Kennaugh and the Portey were great in the Tour. Sivstjov rode the Giro, unbelievable he was made to ride the Tour, Lopez was crap indeed - has been so since the Dauphine - , what happened to Kirienka is still a big mystery. On the other hand, they didnt need them after all with the dominance of Froome who outclimbed everyone and put minutes into every GT 'contender' in the TT's.
    Yep. The strength of Froome hid the weakness of the SkyTrain compared to 2012. Froome attacked early in all the major climbs and left the train behind. Kennaugh did a good job, but he didn't string together two days climbing. Admittedly, Thomas was injured and therefore of limited use. Porte was good and was there when Froome really needed him. ie buddy for two weeks crit racing post Tdf :D

For the Vuelta it is too soon to tell on how the SKY doms really are. Henao 'forgot to eat' yesterday but recuperated today. And, la Vuelta and the Giro arent the Tour, total chaos cant be controlled. That was a lesson Garmin and Movistar teached SKY in the Tour already.
    Agree. But the signs aren't good. I don't buy the Henao 'forgot to eat' excuse and even if he did where was the domestique on hand to give him a gel? The last two days are relatively simple climbs compared to what is come. Unfortunately,  I can see Uran being solo on all the major climbs which is not going to work out well.
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3024
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #986 on: October 02, 2013, 08:26 »
     Not that anyone is much interested in yesterday's news man,
    but this article might bring a smile or two to those who think
    that Wiggins's performance curve is starting to resemble
    Mount Everest:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2439465/Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-starting-selfish-side.html

Much as I would have like to post this in the reinvigorated Froome thread, I wasn't sure that it was sufficient in touch with "on topic".
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Vespertine

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 86
    « Reply #987 on: October 02, 2013, 14:23 »
    Not that anyone is much interested in yesterday's news man,
    but this article might bring a smile or two to those who think
    that Wiggins's performance curve is starting to resemble
    Mount Everest:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2439465/Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-starting-selfish-side.html

Much as I would have like to post this in the reinvigorated Froome thread, I wasn't sure that it was sufficient in touch with "on topic".

I find the article to be an outright attack, I don't so much dispute the facts laid out in it, however the grotesquely obvious spin is the first time I have seen it done in this direction in anything that resembles mainstream. We are still talking about the Daily Mail, yet it has been put out there to their readership, and that counts with regards to public perception and opinion.

Personally I find a lot of worthy of comment, on the other hand sometimes I read it and think it is farcical so not worthy of comment.

What do statements like his mean?

Champagne moment: Wiggins celebrates winning the Tour of Britain - but it was a selfish win

Why did he say that? I don't understand.

I mean they have gone right for the jugular on anything but doping.

Before we moved this over here, you were talking about "the lone rider" and doping and whether perhaps this might suggest that Wiggins is a Lone Rider and goes off and dopes himself whilst training. The machine is too big for "Plausible Deniability" to stand up in the long run I think. Look at Murdoch with a pie in his face for something that he probably thought that he would never get fingered for, or at least have plausible deniability for. So I think that notion is off the table, and if that is the case then it is systematic doping, super controlled.

Yet still your point might be even more interesting if we put one spin on the entire article. It would be fun to rewrite it using the facts but simply whipping up something else.

We could say that they doping is systematic in SKY, Wiggins really didn't want to be part of it, he was in too deep to be able to  get out, the wheels were set in motion.

What we have seen following that is him being peesed off with them for tricking him into it in the first pace and he has let his legs do the talking, aside from when he is drunk.

Which of course they hammer in nearly every photo and write about. Yes we have all heard it before, I simply think that he is simply doing when other people do when they are drunk and gobbing off. Is there anyone who gets drunk who doesn't say almost exactly the same kind of crap that he does? I have...

The pressure must have been and still be immense, especially if he does indeed dope.

Imagine if you have go a conscience and did it, and said all that crap, and you were a bit insecure in the first place as you had been brought up by an abusive parent.

Whether he has doped or not, I do not see this guy as he article lays out. Some might say that it would be petty to take revenge. Take things in our own lives that we have done similar over, then magnify them by 100 which is what they have to. It would be too much for me I think, especially if I knew that I had lied.

Thanks for posting that, it surprised me. It is pretty strong really.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #988 on: October 04, 2013, 13:50 »
    Not sure which book one of the 12 459 wiggo has his name on.....

Anyways he discussed leinders and says something along the lines that Geert seemed the most sensible from that time.

Digger forum retweet the exact quote.

Wiggins on Geert: 'He never agreed with what was going on, and was one of the sane people who were in the sport at the time' @Digger_forum11:08am - 4 Oct 13

DB will be happy as it cans the we did not know excuse.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #989 on: October 04, 2013, 14:15 »
    Not sure which book one of the 12 459 wiggo has his name on.....
    Bradley Wiggins - My Time.

I have a copy of the book and the quote is taken out of context. It is in the middle of several pages which explains his position on doping in general and Lance Armstrong and being interviewed by Kimmage.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by search
    [December 06, 2019, 16:18]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by Joelsim
    [December 06, 2019, 15:37]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by search
    [December 06, 2019, 15:28]

Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2019 by Joelsim