collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1738
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Re: Garmin-Cannondale news
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2016, 16:54 »
The "old guard" of Garmin climbers had their limits and their inconsistencies, but they were often willing to bury themselves for each other. The "new guard" looks on paper like an improvement, but we will have to see if they work out that way.

Honestly they had a great off-season.

I think my plan for their GC men and climbers for the GT's and US races would be something like this:
Rolland, TdF leader
Uran, Giro and Vuelta leader
Talansky TdF and Vuelta plan B guy (Maybe leader at California)
Formolo, Giro Plan B guy and Tour climbing dom
Dombrowski, Tour climbing dom (Before leading fall US races)
Clarke, Giro and Vuelta climbing dom
  • ReplyReply

• zinoviev letter

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 150
    « Reply #61 on: January 18, 2016, 17:14 »
    I don't think that there's any chance that Talansky gets any worse than equal billing as Tour leader. This is not a question of whether he should or should not, but instead a question of his position in the squad, salary etc. While Uran will definitely lead the Giro, I also doubt if he will get better than co-leader at the Vuelta, alongside whichever of the rest of those named above (other than Clarke) are in form. Again that's not really a statement about whether Uran would be the best option, more one about how the team have usually done things.

It will be quite a tough balancing act to keep all five guys happy in terms of opportunities to ride for themselves in big races. Which is a nice problem.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10826
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1738
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #63 on: January 19, 2016, 22:41 »
    I don't think that there's any chance that Talansky gets any worse than equal billing as Tour leader. This is not a question of whether he should or should not, but instead a question of his position in the squad, salary etc. While Uran will definitely lead the Giro, I also doubt if he will get better than co-leader at the Vuelta, alongside whichever of the rest of those named above (other than Clarke) are in form. Again that's not really a statement about whether Uran would be the best option, more one about how the team have usually done things.

It will be quite a tough balancing act to keep all five guys happy in terms of opportunities to ride for themselves in big races. Which is a nice problem.

Agree on Talansky, but that is fine really, I mean unless Rolland is in the top 5 and looks like landing there, he won't need a super dom, if he is then there will be no question, as plan B man you want him to stick in the GC as well so that is fine too. But let's just be honest if one of them was to be in a position for the win it would be Rolland, not Talansky.

As far as Dombrowski and Formolo goes I can't see how anybody could defend making either leader in a GT. Formolo might be coming to a time where he will need to be given a bit of responsibility and maybe even trying to do a placing on GC, 10-15 ish, but he can do that in the Giro and still help Uran. Dombrowski has done nothing of note outside of the US, and US races are notoriously noteworthy for weird results because a lot of time skilled riders come in out of shape and jet lagged meaning there are a lot of upsets. He did not enough in the Vuelta to mean he should have any protected role, but I would say a Tour start seems fitting for him though as a let's see what you can do for the team now, if he goes great, you give him a shot next year at one for himself maybe.

Also I seemed to have left out Cardoso earlier, so a quick correction:
    Rolland: Tour
    Uran: Giro/Vuelta
    Talansky: Tour/Vuelta
    Formolo: Giro
    Cardoso: Giro/Vuelta
    Dombrowski: Tour
    Clarke: Tour/Vuelta
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10826
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1514
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    Re: Cannondale news
    « Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 09:49 »
    Classics Squad hit by influenza, stomach bugs and food poisoning  :o :o

https://twitter.com/Ride_Argyle/status/715310283057721345

Breschel has been one of the worst guys hit on the team. He just can’t pedal, and he was going to be one of our top guys for the classics,” said Bauer, shaking his head in disbelief. “We are struggling to get one person across the line in the front group. At Gent-Wevelgem, we couldn’t get anyone across the finish line. It’s disappointing, but it’s a bad season for illness.”
    :beaten  :( I have no words for this

“It’s bad, and we have so many sick riders right now. We’ve also had some crashes,” Van Lancker [DS] said. “That’s what happens sometimes. They’re skinny, and it goes quickly around the peloton.

Knew there had to be problems, but have to say, their communications has been poor on this. Not surprised they've been inundated with questions... they have put out virtually no information.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1514
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #66 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00 »
    Wasn't sure where to post this...plumped for the Cannondale thread.

Good, in depth piece on the Cannondale crisis...still doesn't feel right to me. But at least they survived and for longer than a year as well

https://twitter.com/CaleyFretz/status/920074890312421378
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 759
    • End of season blues...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 12:59 »
    Kit reveal tonight...

Its going to be pink based on the spoilers.
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 14:18 »
    Kit reveal tonight...
    Tomorrow. :shh

I'd say it will be also - but not exclusively - pink:

And, big surprise, it will follow the common POC design:

Clue no. 3 in ~2 hours.

Also, something to (further) explain the signing of Kim Magnusson:
    https://twitter.com/Ride_Argyle/status/925365332369436672
    Vaughters was teammates with Glenn Magnusson, Kim's dad. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #69 on: November 03, 2017, 11:58 »
    Kit reveal tonight...

You may be more right than I first thought - this looks very pink:
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 759
    • End of season blues...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #70 on: November 03, 2017, 14:55 »
     :(

I am not sure about the hype around cycling kits any more.

The best ones I remember are from teams that didn't change them radically every season.

I think Lotto/Soudal are the best example currently.

Maybe this will be a banger and I will be won over...

Maybe.
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2030
    • Awards: Giro Prediction Champ 2017
    « Reply #71 on: November 03, 2017, 16:14 »
    Pink shoulders, white torso, black shorts, green trim.  Argyll scarcely visible. meeh...
  • ReplyReply

•