collapse

froome19

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2048
  • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
GP Ouest France - Plouay
« on: August 26, 2014, 18:23 »
GP Ouest France - Plouay

Grand-Prix de Plouay Ouest-France (now known as GP Ouest-France) is an elite cycle race held annually in late summer around a circuit based on the small Breton village of Plouay since 1931. Originally named Grand-Prix de Plouay, it has been part of the UCI ProTour since the competition's inception in 2005, and in 2009 became one of the events in which points can be won towards the UCI World Ranking. Since 1989, the race has been known as GP Ouest-France.

Teams & Riders

Startlist

Will have French young gun Romain Bardet lining up at the start, but their best bet may lie with their fast man Samuel Dumoulin. Calling Dumoulin fast maybe a bit of an exaggeration but with Blel Kadri, Riblon, Minard and others in their team we should expect to see them on the attack quite a bit during the race. PB: Actually Davide Appolonio has also been added to the startlist and may also feature for the French team.

Enrico Gasparotto jumped away in the finale of last year's race and he will fancy his chances this year. Astana have brought a strongmans team to this race with riders like Lieuwe Westra (who is a due an interview with Velorooms) and Maxim Iglinsky have the strength to make the race hard if they wish. PB: In fact, Tour champion Vincenzo Nibali has also just been added to the Startlist and will be making his first competitive appearance since the Tour.

Belkin will be hoping Barry Markus can convert a somewhat horrible season into something slightly better with a good placing there, otherwise there isn't much else to look for. Lars Boom came 2nd at Eneco and may go on the attack here. He is also strong in a small group sprint if the pace is forced.

Greg Van Avermaet attacked in Germany over the weekend and will likely try a similar move here if he has the legs. Once again he is also a rider who will shine in a small group sprint if the race does manage to come down to that. Silvan Dillier has had a stellar and solid first full season for BMC and came 9th in Vatenfall so watch out for him in this race as well.

It is past time Moreno Moser won a race and Davide Villella will want to do better than his abandon in Germany. Don't expect too much from this team soon to fold..

I have been pulling out the "watch out for Offredo" line for quite some time now, so I won't do it this time round but then again who knows?

Tyler Farrar is on the hunt for a contract and came fourth in Germany over the weekend. The consistent American may just find himself on the podium this time around.

Rui Costa will be looking to recover from his Tour disappointment and build up to his Worlds defence. This sort of race suits him and he will be determined to attack and take the race away from the sprinters if he has the legs and the will.

Andre Greipel may fancy the finish if he can manage his way over the hills. It would be a tough ask for the burly Germany but it isn't out of question entirely. Otherwise we can also look to Tour prodigee, Tony Gallopin and maybe even Jelle Vanendert.

Not so sure here. Maybe JJ Rojas will manage a Top 5 or Fran Ventoso. Otherwise Giovanni Visconti may want to get into a small group.

They bring a strong squad to this race, including Tour stage winner Matteo Trentin who is a valuable domestique but packs a punch in his own right and will savour the chance to sprint for himself once again. Michal Kwiatowski has thrived in one day races this year and he will surely feature if the finish is made tough. Julian Alaphillipe has been posting some solid results including a podium in the Prudential Ride London and top results at the Tour de l'Ain.

They lineup with the favourite for this race. The winner from last Sunday, Alexander Kristoff has had a breakthrough season this year and has followed strong performances with more strong performances. He is strong and can hold his own on the climbs but his sprint is where his strength lies and he can beat everyone in this field in a dash to the line.

Past Winners

2013       POZZATTO Filippo *it
2012   BOASSON HAGEN Edvald *no   
2011   BOLE Grega *si   
2010   GOSS Matthew Harley *au   
2009   GERRANS Simon *au   
2008   FEDRIGO Pierrick *fr    
2007   VOECKLER Thomas *fr    
2006   NIBALI Vincenzo *it    
2005   HINCAPIE George *usa   
2004   ROUS Didier *fr   
2003   FLICKINGER Andy *fr

Live Coverage

Sunday : Live from 1:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. on France 3 and Eurosport for the men's UCI WorldTour.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2300
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    Re: GP Ouest France - Plouay
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50 »
    I'll post what I posted yesterday in the ladies race. :fp

http://www.programme-tv.net/programme/chaine/programme-france-3-7.html

This guide, which I use a lot, says France 3 is  live from 1-20pm CET until 3-25pm.
    My satellite box's epg also gives these times, atm.
    French tv schedules do tend to change quite a bit, though.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1751
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 15:41 »
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6653
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:13 »
    Until last week, I have to admit that I thought Chavanel was over at 35. He has been eyebrow-raisingly disappointing since he moved to IAM and I cannot remember reading any legitimate excuses for that.

This is more like the sort of riding we expect from him and clearly his confidence is going to get a solid boost. Not really a Worlds candidate but looking good for the remaining races anyway.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10903
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14 »
    BSP

=
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014