collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1785
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Team Alonso (What Your Team Look Like?)
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:41 »
Basically having discussed who was left and what not over the last few days, finally realized why not just try and line up a few riders who seem to fit the team well

Should we agree to use CQ's transfer list over PCS's? http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/transfers.asp

Either way my go -

Name Nationality Age (1.1) Current Team Role Schedule
Chris Horner *usa 43 #lampre The most prominent rider on the roster, Horner has both a good ITT and great climbing skills, this makes him an good choice as the leader for the TdF that is all important to sponsors. P-N, Romandie, Dauphinne, TdF
Domenico Pozzovivo *it 32 #ag2r Pozzovivo has proven in the last two years that he is a consistant finisher in the Giro and Vuelta as well as being very strong in both the Ardennes and at Lombardia, unlike Horner I think he should be given a multi year deal T-A, Cataluna, Ardennes, Giro, Vuelta, Lombardia.
Samuel Sanchez *es 36 #bmc Sanchez has had a decent year at BMC, his best days seem behind him, but being plan B for the Tour and Vuelta still sounds like a solid plan Cataluna, Pais Vasco, Ardennes, TdF, San Sebastian, Vuelta
Carlos Verona *es 22 #opqs The young climbing dom has not yet been re-signed, I think he is one of the young guys this team should consider Vuelta
Eros Capecchi *it 28 #movistar Solid climbing dom and a fearless descender, him and Samu on the same team could be fun T-A Giro, Vuelta, Lombardia
Rubén Plaza *es 34 #movistar TdF dom mainly I think TdF
Ivan Santaromita *it 30 #orica Nice punchy rider that should help the team in the hillier classics TDU, T-A, Ardennes, Giro, San Sebastian, Eneco, Lombarida
Oscar Gatto *it 29 #cannondale Could be the main rider that this team holds for the cobbled classics E3, Ronde, Roubaix
Dario Cataldo *it 29 #sky Climbing dom Giro, TdF
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7735
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: Team Alonso (What Your Team Look Like?)
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:56 »
    The first thing I noticed: Pozzovivo is 32 already!?! :o
    Incredible, he doesn't look a day older than 22.

Newest "news" is now that Team Alonso may go ProConti for the first year at least:
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=74774
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1785
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    Re: Team Alonso (What Your Team Look Like?)
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 13:41 »
    The first thing I noticed: Pozzovivo is 32 already!?! :o
    Incredible, he doesn't look a day older than 22.

I always thought he kind of looked like one of those early 30 year old actors that American movies always cast as teenagers.

The next American Pie movie to feature an Italian exchange student maybe....  :lol

Either way I think Alonso has started signing, that Farrar statement was strange, awaiting announcement from team, makes me wonder maybe they announce a lot at the same time, MTN seems more the type to just release it straight away.
  • ReplyReply

•