collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6923
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Hidden Motors
« Reply #450 on: July 24, 2018, 07:16 »
i just came across this new ad. Not sure what to make of it.
To me, the underlying message is that Specialized's e-bikes are so strong that even Grandma Joan can beat the triple world champion in a race.
It's an ad for e-bikes, and in that regard I think it works well.

The points you make are good ones.
Remember though that the motor that Grandma Joan uses weighs about half a ton (only slightly exaggerated), and any bike with such a motor can be readily identified by the size of the downtube or seattube.
This is different from the miniaturised motors that are allegedly used in pro cycling; and Grandma Joan & her peers make no secret of their using motors.

I think it's great that e-bikes enable those with limited power and/or endurance to enjoy riding a bike (again). I've seen a number of happy seniors trundling along on their new vehicle, and it's far better than using a car to get around.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1443
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    Re: Hidden Motors
    « Reply #451 on: July 27, 2018, 23:53 »
    Yeah. The E-bike trend is pretty cool, afaic. I thought the commercial was pretty cool too. Humorous.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts