collapse

Joelsim

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1339
    • Music To Your Ears
  • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
Re: Astana Doping thread
« Reply #570 on: July 11, 2015, 23:29 »
Merely the threat of nighttime testing, and the current precarious situation of Astana probably means that they can't possibly risk it.
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 741
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #571 on: July 17, 2015, 22:31 »
    They certainly don't appear to be superhuman in this race. Something to do with nighttime testing perhaps?
    How about that other team that looks superhuman in this race? Or do the French just test so much better these days?
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3256
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #572 on: September 04, 2015, 12:12 »
    In today's unsurprising press release...

"...the Board of directors of MPCC has decided to exclude Team Astana for non-compliance with the 9th article of the intern regulation"

Up next... the woods, the bears, and why you need to watch where you put your feet.
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #573 on: September 04, 2015, 21:23 »
    In today's unsurprising press release...

"...the Board of directors of MPCC has decided to exclude Team Astana for non-compliance with the 9th article of the intern regulation"

Up next... the woods, the bears, and why you need to watch where you put your feet.
    Yeah, its sad, the more due to the fact Boom indeed got sick in the Tour and didnt complete the Tour. So, the controls actually work, too bad cycling doesnt seem to care too much on riders health...
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10833
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3256
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #575 on: November 09, 2015, 10:42 »
    Licence commission reasoned decision -  http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Newsgeneral/17/33/35/DecisionoftheLicenceCommissionontherequestforthewithdrawalofthelicenceofAstanaProTeam_English.pdf

see who can fill in the blanks  :D

"Devoid of purpose". Right now, a legalese conclusion. But soon - the UCI slogan!
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1584
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #576 on: November 09, 2015, 10:58 »
    see who can fill in the blanks  :D

I'll take the easy one ...

'
    initial report findings
    old-style culture" with over-influential leaders

June 2015
    arrangements had been made to improve the distribution of race management responsibilities, which would
    no longer depend on the dominant, pervasive position of a single individual;

It's interesting  the highlighting of hiring Russian coaches, management and medical staff...  #astana for 2016 have 26 riders listed (so far??), of which 6 are Khazak and 1 Ukranian... no Russians... though I am not sure how similar the languages would be. And yes as regards the doping offences found this holds up, but the underlying problems of clear and effective (non bullying maybe) lines of communication would seem to be more widespread.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:11 by Not My Circus »

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6256
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #577 on: November 09, 2015, 15:10 »
    It's interesting  the highlighting of hiring Russian coaches, management and medical staff...  #astana for 2016 have 26 riders listed (so far??), of which 6 are Khazak and 1 Ukranian... no Russians... though I am not sure how similar the languages would be.
    Ukrainian and Russian are mutually intelligible. In Kazakhstan, Russian is still the lingua franca - and looking at their names, four of the six Kazakhs are ethnically Russian anyway (only Ayazbayev & Kozhatayev have Kazakh-sounding names). The number of "Kazakh Kazakh" riders at the team, past or present, can almost be counted on one hand.[1] All the rest are/were "Russian Kazakhs".
    Therefore, hiring Russophones makes much more sense than hiring people familiar with the Kazakh language.

Filling in the blanks:
    1) I'd wager a bet that the "information technology platform" is Skype.
    2) The "central position" who, "in his own opinion, remains the key person of the team", but who "had agreed to review his position" must be Vinokourov ...
    3) ... and Martinelli has to be the one "assuming increasing responsibilities  in race management functions."

It scares me how absolutely appalling the team's internal communications have to have been if using Skype to exchange messages is considered a significant improvement. :fp
    Also, note that the team never promises anything substantial: Vino's position will be "reviewed" (not changed), and the use of "information technology platforms" will be increased.

And to me the report reads as though the ISSUL audit always only had to establish whether or not the team had the possibility to fulfil the more stringent requirements by 2017 - not right now.

It's a bloody whitewash. :barf
     1. Ayazbayev, Kozhatayev, Kamyshev, Bazayev, Raimbekov Kupeshov plus 2011 stagiaire Jumabekov
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #578 on: November 11, 2015, 18:35 »
    "At the end of this audit of the team, we note that it has reinforced its expertise in the areas of
    preparation and care, and also that it is planning to continue this in 2016 with the arrival of two
    additional staff members to prepare riders who will be Russian-speaking. Furthermore, even if the
    use of Xxxx is still limited, the team has implemented communication systems within the medical
    unit, as well as between members of the race management and other medical and coaching
    structures.

Xxxx being EPO?

What a fluff.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #579 on: November 11, 2015, 18:47 »
    Xxxx being EPO?
    I think it's Skype.
    Which makes you wonder how hard it can be to use that - and how they communicated before. :fp

What a fluff.
    Yes.
    "They're not as absolutely horrendous as they were last year, and have said they'll try to become better yet, so we'll give them a pass."
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10833
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1560
    « Reply #581 on: October 09, 2016, 08:43 »
    https://twitter.com/Dopingnytt/status/784714212396376066
    I don't see a problem with this, if I understand correctly provisional suspension >= suspension announced?
    I mean, if you have committed a crime and they hold you in custody until your case is up for trial at the court, and the judge announces that according to the law, you should serve a some time in jail, but less or equal to the time already in custody - you should be free to go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #582 on: October 09, 2016, 20:55 »
    I don't see a problem with this, if I understand correctly provisional suspension >= suspension announced?
    I mean, if you have committed a crime and they hold you in custody until your case is up for trial at the court, and the judge announces that according to the law, you should serve a some time in jail, but less or equal to the time already in custody - you should be free to go?
    Basically, yes.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: 2018 Women's Kits by LukasCPH
    [December 13, 2017, 20:54]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by LukasCPH
    [December 13, 2017, 20:39]

Re: U23 news, results, rumours and all that jazz by Leadbelly
    [December 13, 2017, 18:14]