collapse

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 68
https://twitter.com/8aldwin/status/644777821211131905

So what happens to the Giro Rosa ?

Edit the race is great and the pre press looked brilliant but it seems the Giro Rosa is being shut out of the UCI plans for the future

You can have multiple races at the same time. Even if it's a men's race, it doesn't mean the riders will favor it over a big women's race. Look at Gent-Wevelgem, it's on the same day as the Binda world cup, and most of the top riders choose Binda.. As long as there is no other big women's 'grand-tour' most of the riders will choose the Giro Rosa.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7470
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    So what happens to the Giro Rosa ?

Edit the race is great and the pre press looked brilliant but it seems the Giro Rosa is being shut out of the UCI plans for the future
    Yes, early July is Giro Rosa time. :S

Something to follow up on: Where will the Giro Rosa go? Surely they can't mean to run two high-profile stage races at the same time - the women's peloton simply isn't big enough for that.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11160
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Yes, early July is Giro Rosa time. :S

Something to follow up on: Where will the Giro Rosa go? Surely they can't mean to run two high-profile stage races at the same time - the women's peloton simply isn't big enough for that.

My bet the Giro Rosa disappears and every race will be one for the roulers and sprinters
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

riding too slowly

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 299
    ..... general manager Thomas Campana & Manel Lacambra..........

This sport just keeps giving.

I'm afraid I don't 'get' your subtle reference. :S

OK.  I don't know their backstory. What's the particular problem with these two?  Could you elaborate if possible?  I think I must be late to the party with these because I don't know what L'arri's issue with Shelley Olds is either...

;)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cervelo-bigla-owner-accused-of-bullying-fat-shaming-and-abusing-female-riders/

Now do you get it ?

All these riders well away from events have suddenly found a high horse to mount.   

Fat Shaming !  How about with-holding wages as well.  In the 21st Cent ! 

AND Iris still only choosing to tell half the story Iris.  Hint - we would need move over to the "Dark Side".   It's how cycle sport works init! 

My records tell me only one rider  and only one rider called out Campana whilst she was riding and the peloton gave her one hell of a hard time as a result.

If you still don't get it think of the only rider who took Campana to court to get her wages and all the negative stories run about her by just about everyone.  Irony  - Jose Bean coming down on Campana when she was quite happy to peddle the gossip stories put about to discredit that single rider.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 20:21 by riding too slowly »