jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 703
  • Spring is coming... I hope
    • Fendrien
UK Revolution Series 2014/2015
« on: September 30, 2014, 14:24 »
First things first are that we are on the move between a number of locations.

I have been to plenty of the Manchester ones and love Boardmans Bar and the Trackside Grill. Great atmosphere and brilliant racing.

This year we see the Olympic velodrome looking to start paying off some of its cost with a couple of rounds.

Round 1: 24/25 October - London
Round 2: 22 November - Manchester
Round 3: 03 January - Manchester
Round 4: 31 January - Glasgow
Round 5: 27/28 February - London
Round 6: 14 March - Manchester

Glasgow gets one too with the balance being the spiritual home of Revolution in Manchester.

Its a similar format as always with the full repertoire of track racing covered. Here is a sample racing schedule from the official website

LINK

I am not sure how it will shape up considering the likes of Rapha/Condor/JLT are folding mid series, but we shall see.

• ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3182
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    Re: UK Revolution Series 2014/2015
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 14:26 »
    I went to the final session at the Olympic Velodrome this year, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Packed to the rafters, newly crowned World Champions on display, Olympic heroes alongside young guns, and racing almost non-stop for 3 hours.

I'm hoping to do the February date next year, but I haven't got around to having enough money just yet..
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5585
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 15:16 »
    I am not sure how it will shape up considering the likes of Rapha/Condor/JLT are folding mid series, but we shall see.
    The team isn't folding. It should continue in 2015 with (a) different sponsor(s).
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 703
    • Spring is coming... I hope
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 17:36 »
    Week 1 Update

Report from Friday night http://cyclingrevolution.com/news/article/round-1-friday-session-report.html
    Laura Trott beats Marianne Vos.

Report from Saturday afternoon http://cyclingrevolution.com/news/article/round-1-saturday-afternoon-session-report.html
    Swift and Dowsett beaten .

Report from Saturday evening http://cyclingrevolution.com/news/article/round-1-saturday-evening-report.html
    Trott completes omnium win.
  • ReplyReply

•