collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7409
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
The CULT ... of Stölting!
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:08 »
It all started in Horsens: In the 1980s Erik Skelde started up a cycling team that stayed on the local level for a while. Finally, in the year 2000, "Cycling Horsens" got its first UCI license, with Erik's son Michael a young rider on the team.
Michael would go on to ride as a pro at *dk Team Fakta and *it Alessio-Bianchi before returning home to finish his career at the team and, together with his wife Christa, take over the management from 2009.

In 2001 the team changed its name to represent its primary sponsor, Danish metal packaging company Glud & Marstrand, that stayed with the team until 2012. A new main sponsor was found in the upcoming Danish energy drink brand CULT Energy, starting their title sponsorship with the 2013 season.

In the past 14 years, a large number of riders have passed through Glud & Marstrand, many talents continuing as pros at bigger teams. Others returned after a few years in the pro ranks and re-ignited their careers. The list of alumni is a Who's Who of Scandinavian cycling:
*dk Michael Skelde (now DS at the team)
*dk Jacob Nielsen
*dk Kasper Klostergaard (7 pro years with #csc #saxotinkoff)
*dk Jens-Erik Madsen (a mainstay in the Sixdays scene)
*dk Søren Petersen (an old journeyman with connections to the US)
*dk Lasse Bøchman (2 pro years with #csc)
*no Roy Hegreberg (now DS with #oster Team Øster Hus-Ridley)
*no Håvard Nybø
*dk Michael Berling
*dk Thomas Guldhammer (now DS with #cwk Christina Watches-Kuma)
*no Alexander Kristoff (needs no introduction; two Monuments and an Olympic bronze medal are but the tip of the iceberg)
*no Christer Rake (was one of the best Norwegians riding at local level until his retirement)
*dk Kaspar Schjønnemann
*dk André Steensen (4 pro years with #csc, retiring and turning DS after this season)
*dk Troels Vinther (3 pro years with Unibet & #saxotinkoff)
*dk Christopher Juul-Jensen (until now 3 pro years with #saxotinkoff #tinkoff)
*za Luthando Kaka (took valuable experience back to South Africa)
*usa Max Jenkins (1 pro year with #uhc)
*dk Ricky Enø (now a DS with ColoQuick)
*se Philip Lindau (rode for the junior team)
*dk Mads Christensen (5 pro years with #quickstep13 #barloworld #saxotinkoff)
*dk Christian Moberg
*dk Niki Østergaard
*dk Michael Valgren (until now 1 pro year with #tinkoff)
*dk Jimmi Sørensen
*dk Patrick Clausen
*dk Jesper Hansen (until now 1 pro year with #tinkoff)
*dk Sebastian Lander (first non-Riis rider in 5 years to win the #champdk, 2 pro years with #bmc)
*dk Rasmus Sterobo
*dk Magnus Cort (11 UCI victories in 2014, wore the #white Europe Tour jersey in August, will turn pro with #orica next year)
*dk Michael Reihs (3 pro years with #phonak & Fakta)
*dk Mads Würtz Schmidt (2012 Junior Paris-Roubaix winner)
*dk Michael Carbel (runner-up in the *dk champs in his first senior year, great sprint talent)
*dk Martin Mortensen (4 pro years with #vacansoleil #leopard)
*dk Mads Pedersen (2012 & 2013 Trofeo Karlsberg; 2013 Junior Paris-Roubaix, Course de la Paix Juniors; 2014 U23 Rund um Frankfurt)
*dk Emil Vinjebo

Plans to create a Danish ProConti team have been around for a while. The old Team Designa Køkken considered it for years, but ultimately the plans never came to fruition. Christina Watches talk about it every autumn, however that's always nothing but hot air.
The Skelde team have slowly, but surely established themselves as the most successful Danish Continental team, and this summer the finances were secured for the step up to ProConti level.
The team will have its home base in Luxembourg, with *lu Christian Weyland stepping into the team management together with Christa Skelde. Michael Skelde will continue to be the main DS, assisted by André Steensen and (announced today) Olympic track champion and Sixdays veteran Luke Roberts.

#cult CULT Energy Pro Cycling have re-signed some riders of the current squad and strengthened the team with Danish and foreign pros. 14 riders are on the 2015 roster until now - but as a ProConti team must have at least 16 riders, further announcements can be expected.

The 2015 team (will be updated):
*dk Michael Carbel
*gb Russell Downing
*de Linus Gerdemann
*dk Rasmus Guldhammer
*cz Karel Hnik
*lu Alex Kirsch
*se Gustav Larsson
*fr Romain Lemarchand
*de Christian Mager
*dk Martin Mortensen
*dk Mads Pedersen
*dk Rasmus Quaade
*dk Michael Reihs
*dk Troels Vinther
*de Fabian Wegmann
*lu Joel Zangerle

This thread will be the place to discuss everything CULT-related.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:42 by LukasCPH »
    Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

cobblesandstones

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 0
    Re: The CULT ... of Stölting!
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:53 »
    Curious to see them perform. Most curious about:

Michael Carbel: Can't wait to see him sprint against the best in the world. He is the only sprinter in this team

Mads Pedersen: Hope he will get some chances to ride for himself. Huge engine!

Whats your expectations of these two and the others?

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11134
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:01 »
    Luke Roberts will ge dsing so there is the token *au for the team

ps welcome to VR Cobblesandstones

:welcome
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 15:49 »
    Welcome to Velorooms, cobblesandstones! :welcome
    Nice nickname by the way.
    If you want to, you can introduce yourself here.

Curious to see them perform. Most curious about:

Michael Carbel: Can't wait to see him sprint against the best in the world. He is the only sprinter in this team

Mads Pedersen: Hope he will get some chances to ride for himself. Huge engine!

Whats your expectations of these two and the others?
    Carbel could become a great sprinter. Don't forget that 2015 will be his only second senior season, I wouldn't expect him to compete with the very best sprinters right away. He definitely has the talent, but will need time to learn and adapt. Russ Downing will be a good mentor.

Pedersen's junior palmarès is staggering, and winning the U23 Rund um Frankfurt at age 18 shows he still has it. He's still very young, but the Skeldes have a great track record with talents and getting the best from riders. I expect him to continue his good development; it'll probably take some time until he is at the level Magnus Cort is at now - on the other hand, nobody expected Cort to be this good just 18 months ago.

I'll do a breakdown of my expectations for the other riders later.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:43 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:08 »
    Knock Knock House keeping

https://twitter.com/mrconde/status/536901809722654720

https://twitter.com/mrconde/status/536902776887209984

The official press release says:

After disrupting partnership with Christian Weyland, Christa Skelde takes over as team manager for Pro Continental Team, Cult Energy Pro Cycling. This is the natural decision after a series of disappointments where Weyland has failed to live up to the expectations.

“With immediate effect, we have decided to dismiss the partnership with Christian Weyland. He simply failed to fulfill our expectations as a trustful partner and this is undoubtedly the right choice for the team. As team owners we have certain values and obligations to run things professionally along with a sound amount of stability and we won’t compromise our integrity by continuing the partnership with Weyland. Once again, Cult are showing their fantastic support and passion for this project and they support our decision morally and economically until we find a co-sponsor”,

says new team manager, Christa Skelde.

Brian Sørensen, owner of Cult Energy states:

"You can't measure the value, Cult Energy Pro Cycling has had for us in the past two years. Cult are now on top of the market in Denmark so obviously, we have a huge interest in making this project succeed. We have a special agreement with Skelde that goes beyond normal contract deals. We fully support their decision and we're backing up financially until a co-sponsor is found."
    Ouch. Sounds like he was selling snake oil.

Team should survive financially for now, but they need that co-sponsor more than ever ... which might be the very reason Weyland was shown the door, according to this Feltet.dk article.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 7772
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 20:52 »
    Also, trying to go to lioncycling.com now auto-directs you to the team's Facebook page - try clicking the link.

Interesting ... :-x
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1599
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 20:41 »
    Very excited to see details of Post Cup 2015 released this week (oooh fancy a TT round being included  :cool).

I was musing on the best way to follow these races when a horrible question occurred.  I have been assuming Cult will be contesting this competition, but does their Pro-Conti status alter this?  I did attempt to find the find the rules on the DCU website, but without too much  success.

Anyone know?
    Midge
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 23:45 »
    Very excited to see details of Post Cup 2015 released this week (oooh fancy a TT round being included  :cool).

I was musing on the best way to follow these races when a horrible question occurred.  I have been assuming Cult will be contesting this competition, but does their Pro-Conti status alter this?  I did attempt to find the find the rules on the DCU website, but without too much  success.

Anyone know?
    Midge
    Remind me to look into it. In two weeks. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 07:29 »
    Remind me to look into it. In two weeks. ;)

I found nothing either, but since you are winking, why in two weeks?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 15:53 »
    I found nothing either, but since you are winking, why in two weeks?
    Because I have better things to do until then. Like a holiday in *no Norway. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 20:54 »
    Nice interview by Ed Hood with Mads Pedersen in Pez Cycling News:
    PEZ Talk: Mads Pedersen
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 21:36 by Not My Circus »

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 7772
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 21:29 »
    Use [ url=http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/interviews/pez-talk-mads-pedersen/#.VRxC9vnF8Xs ]Interview with Mads[ /url ] but without the spaces.

Interview with Mads
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 21:43 »
    Thank you  :D

Looks a lot better now  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 22:10 »
    It's been on my mind to do a little season update on the team, but I thought I'd wait until after the Liege-Bastogne-Liege. 

However I just came across a piece written by Mogen Jacobsen in Politiken. Full article is HERE. In Danish, but google translate will do the business... sometimes with amusing consequences.

Demand for Cult Energy riders have for the organizers proved to be so great that with a squad of 16 men just very difficult to do to satisfy it. 

Indeed from Michael Skelde...
    "We now have so many tasks that the riders are really hard pressed. When it's come to this, is the fact that many organizers waiting long to provide information about whether they want us or not, while other states to immediately '.

The Cult team have really hit their races hard, racing aggressively and often making the breaks and flashing the kit, it's been good to see.  This week between AGR and LBL they were also down for Giro del Trentino... and it has stretched them so that they only field a team of 5.  Two of their young riders (Carbel and Pedersen) are also in U23 set up and are taking a well earned break. Quaade has been selected for European games track squad (I think) which will put him out of team action later.

It's a good problem to have, but I wonder how much longer they can keep this pace up? Hope they find their second sponsor in time for 2016.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 22:29 by Not My Circus »

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12834
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 22:16 »
    many organizers waiting long to provide information about whether they want us or not, while other states to immediately '

this is interesting, there was an article about Pro Conti teams in CS last month, I wanted to sum up the interesting facts, but forgot about it...the same was mentioned in there. Teams get invites to smaller races early and can't just speculate on getting an invitation to a bigger one at the same time, because they might end up without races, or closing the door for next year. So they end up with a handful of riders doing the smaller one, like Cult in Trentino
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 22:50 »
    Teams get invites to smaller races early and can't just speculate on getting an invitation to a bigger one at the same time, because they might end up without races, or closing the door for next year.

Yes that stood out for me too, and particularly so for Cult with this being their step up year. If google translate has worked correctly it read like, they were half hoping that the Trentino organisers  would say don't race, but I may be interpreting that incorrectly. Until this year I had little idea how non WT races went about getting teams... or teams got to compete in the races they wanted... so it's all been an eye opening business.

I can imagine not many are willing to gamble getting wildcard invites to bigger races and turning down 'smaller' races to do so... with all the consequences that might have.

Quick look at the 20 PCT team squads reveals: only Cult and Bardiani  have the minimum 16 riders, with a further 6  fielding teams below 20. Might have to look at the race days etc on this... but not tonight ;p
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 23:08 »
    Yes that stood out for me too, and particularly so for Cult with this being their step up year. If google translate has worked correctly it read like, they were half hoping that the Trentino organisers  would say don't race, but I may be interpreting that incorrectly. Until this year I had little idea how non WT races went about getting teams... or teams got to compete in the races they wanted... so it's all been an eye opening business.

That would be correct, I read the article, Skelde talked to Trentino organizers, stating that they would not be able to start a full team. Skelde was expecting and hoping the organizers would be okay with just ripping up the contract, but Trentino organizers wanted Cult even though not a full team.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 08:47 »
    lots a news re the future of the team

presser on thursday

Lots of speculation re Riis yes or no, new Sponsor etc etc

https://twitter.com/CafeRoubaix/status/633907427231068160

lat is quite left field and due to that might be true  :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 05:26 »
    lots a news re the future of the team

presser on thursday

Lots of speculation re Riis yes or no, new Sponsor etc etc

https://twitter.com/CafeRoubaix/status/633907427231068160

lat is quite left field and due to that might be true  :D
    It is true:
    Feltet.dk: Danish cycling's flagship survives - merges with German team (in *dk)

Spent much of yesterday doing detective work. It checks out. :cool

Post Merge: August 20, 2015, 05:27
    https://twitter.com/lukascph/status/634213303225417728
    ;) :P :D
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 656
    « Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 05:29 »
    It is true:
    Feltet.dk: Danish cycling's flagship survives - merges with German team (in *dk)

Spent much of yesterday doing detective work. It checks out. :cool

Post Merge: August 20, 2015, 05:27
    https://twitter.com/lukascph/status/634213303225417728
    ;) :P :D

Orange POC helmets?   :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3257
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 10:27 »
    Orange POC helmets?   :D

Oh hell no...

• ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 810
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 11:36 »
    They are the future. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 656
    « Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 17:13 »
    Oh hell no...

ahaha let´s see who gets the deal between Kask (Cult) and POC (Stolting)

If Larsson stays with the team I think hie personal sponsor POC could have a good chance
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 23:29 »
    If Larsson stays with the team I think hie personal sponsor POC could have a good chance

No no no no! It has to be Kask PLEASE - for the love of God  :o
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 23:56 »
    Changed the thread title to reflect the new situation. :)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56 »
    I'm excited about this merger! :D
    Unlike other mergers born out of necessity to stop the merging teams from going under, it's a very good match.

The two sponsors aren't in it only to boost their brand recognition - the company bosses are fully on board with the sponsorship, and do it because of their love for the sport. The Stölting Ruhr-Profi Radteam GmbH[1] is a daughter company of the sponsor.

Both teams have always put the development of riders first. The list of Skelde's pro exports is in the opening post. Stölting's list isn't quite as impressive - but the team has only been around for five years:
    #roompot *nl Jesper Asselman
    #bora *de Phil Bauhaus
    #cult *de Christian Mager ;)
    #giant *de Max Walscheid[2]
    #bora *de Silvio Herklotz[3]
    #katusha *de Nils Politt[4]

Now, let's look at the equipment. #cult has ridden on Ridley bikes, #stolting on Stevens. As Ridley only came on board this year and as perennial bike sponsor at #lotto traditionally have a bigger role in the pro peloton, I expect them to continue. See also further down for another reason I believe in Ridley ... :shh

The kit manufacturer for #cult has been Marcello Bergamo with Kask providing the helmets. At #stölting both parts were united at POC who also provide #tcg with their lids. I expect POC to stay on board, Marcello Bergamo is a small company in comparison. Orange helmets and kit details! :carrot

With that out of the way, we come to the most interesting part of the merger:
    Transfer speculations! :woohoo

Here's a table with the teams' 2015 squads, followed by another table with prospective new signings.
    Nat. Name 2015 Probability Notes
    *lu Alex Kirsch #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *de Christian Mager #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *de Fabian Wegmann #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *lu Joël Zangerlé #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *de Lennard Kämna #stolting 100 Confirmed as having signed for 2016 in #stolting presser.
    *de Linus Gerdemann #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *dk Mads Pedersen #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *dk Michael Carbel #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *dk Rasmus Quaade #cult 100 Has contract for 2016.
    *cz Karel Hnik #cult 95 Not confirmed in #cult presser, but ought to have two-year neo-pro contract. Probably just an oversight.
    *dk Rasmus Guldhammer #cult 90 No contract yet, but wants to stay. And they'd be stupid not to keep him.
    *dk Martin Mortensen #cult 80 No contract yet, but one of the better riders of the team.
    *dk Michael Reihs #cult 80 Road captain and Skelde's right hand on the road – the only reason not to keep him would be if he became a DS.
    *dk Troels Vinther #cult 80 No contract yet, but one of the better riders of the team.
    *de Jan Oelerich #stolting 70 Has been with #stolting since the beginning in 2011; doubled as the team's press officer. Will probably get a contract.
    *de Sven Reutter #stolting 65 Very promising youngster. Although 2016 will only be his second U23 year, I think he'll get offered a deal.
    *de Manuel Porzner #stolting 60 Promising youngster. Although 2016 will only be his second U23 year, I think he'll get offered a deal.
    *de Thomas Koep #stolting 60 Has been with #stolting since the beginning in 2011. Despite a lack of results, I believe that he'll be carried through; probably a good domestique.
    *se Gustav Larsson #cult 55 May retire.
    *uk Russell Downing #cult 50 May move to one of the *uk ProConti prospects #onepro & #nfto, or retire.
    *de Jonas Tenbrock #stolting 40 2016 will be his third U23 year, has some decent results. May or may not get a deal.
    *de Maximilian Werda #stolting 35 Dominated the Tour of Malopolska last year. Could lose out on a pro deal if push comes to shove.
    *de Arne Egner #stolting 25 Has good results from his junior years – but these are some time ago by now.
    *de Til Schuster #stolting 25 Was #stolting's best finisher in the Velothon Berlin, but that's the 18-year old's only result. Expect him to be handed off to a Conti team.
    *de Moritz Backofen #stolting 15 Second in German U23 champs, but otherwise nothing that would justify a pro contract.
    *de Ole Quast #stolting 15 One of the older #stolting riders, not many results.
    *nz James Early #stolting 10 Was recommended to #stolting by Luke Roberts if I remember correctly, but that may not be enough for a pro contract.
    *fr Romain Lemarchand #cult 10 Was signed with the prospect of getting some race invites (through his ex-pro father François). Didn't really work out, and hasn't done much of note.
    *bg Nako Georgiev #stolting 5 No results of note, no idea how a Bulgarian got onto #stolting in the first place. Will probably be cut.
    *de Nils Politt #stolting 5 Stagiaire with #katusha, a pro contract looks to be on the table. Confirmed as leaving in German media.
    *de Silvio Herklotz #stolting 0 Has signed with #bora already.

Nat. Name 2015 Probability Notes
    *dk Lasse Norman #tcg 50 Out of contract at #tcg, didn't exactly excel in his neo-pro years. A step down to ProConti would enable him to focus on the Rio Olympics – just like Quaade will do.
    *dk Mads Würtz #coloquick 45 Rumoured to have pro contract offers, although it may be too early for WT. This team would be a good stepping stone.
    *de Paul Martens #jumbo 45 Has lots of WT experience, would be one of the leaders.
    *nl Jens Mouris #orica 40 Leaving #orica. He would be a good road captain.
    *de Tino Thömel #rts 40 Would strengthen the team's sprint squad – Carbel can't do it all on his own.
    *dk Alexander Kamp #coloquick 35 Has some contract offers, will almost certainly become a pro. If there is a WT contract, he'll take that – if not, the team's Danish component will be attractive.
    *se Alexander Wetterhall #treberg 35 Has some pro experience, even at WT races. Might want to give it another try.
    *dk Asbjørn Kragh #ttbw 30 Has several pro contract offers. Doesn't have to stay with his brother, but may well do so. Possible, but unlikely.
    *na Dan Craven #europcar 30 Bearded Namibian champion & former Olympian. Attracts media attention, speaks fluid German, likes Denmark.
    *de Gerald Ciolek #mtn 30 Said to be happy at #mtn, but didn't ride a GT this year. #cult took over much of the #mtn support staff last winter – maybe they'll sign a rider too?
    *be Jurgen van den Broeck #lotto 30 Is leaving #lotto after what feels like forever – may want to stay on a Ridley bike. Could get the team a GT wildcard, otherwise he could lead them in shorter stage races.
    *se Michael Olsson #ttbw 25 Twice Swedish champion, he's been riding at a level that's too low for his talent. Should be picked up in my opinion.
    *de Roger Kluge #iam 25 Former track rider with six years of pro experience, including 3 GT starts. What looks like a step back could be a chance to build a lasting role at a team that's on the way up.
    *de Andreas Schillinger #bora 20 Would be a good road captain if #bora let him go.
    *se Jonas Ahlstrand #cofidis 20 Hasn't done that great in his #cofidis year – a (partly) Scandinavian team would offer new opportunities.
    *si Marko Kump #adria 20 Would be a good sprinter for the team, and this may be his natural level – WT is too high, Conti far too low. Not from the sponsors' principal markets, though.
    *dk Matti Breschel #tinkoff 20 Out of contract at #tinkoff, and not extremely likely to get a new deal there. But a step this far down may not be for him.
    *dk Søren Kragh #ttbw 20 Has his picks of other pro offers, several at WT level. Very unlikely.
    *se Alexander Gingsjö #treberg 15 Current Swedish champion. Is 32 though and, unlike other prospects, has no previous pro experience.
    *dk Patrick Clausen #ttbw 15 Decent Danish rider, has ridden for #cult previously. Would mostly have a domestique role, so may prefer to continue where he is now.
    *de Ralf Matzka #bora 15 Should get a new #bora deal – but if he doesn't, he would provide experience.
    *dk Chris Anker #tinkoff 10 Out of contract at #tinkoff, will definitely go elsewhere. Rumoured to be close to signing for #bora, though.
    *se Gustav Höög #treberg 10 Promising Swedish talent with a special preference for Estonian races. Early for a pro contract at 20, but could continue his development at the team.
    *fi Jussi Veikkanen #fdj 10 Out of contract at #fdj, might want to end his pro career by building up a new team – and maybe provide a pathway for young Finns.
    *nl Stef Clement #iam 10 Experienced rider, good time trialist, road captain. But this may not be the best fit for him.
    *lu Bob Jungels #trek 5 Out of contract at #trek – but I don't see him not getting a new contract there. Unlikely.
    *de Christian Knees #sky 5 Would be a phenomenal road captain, but #sky will probably retain him. They'd be stupid not to.
    *ee Gert Jõeäär #cofidis 5 Estonian champion, but will probably stay with Cofidis if offered a new deal.
    *de Paul Voss #bora 5 Out of contract at #bora, but will probably get a new deal.
    *de Rick Zabel #bmc 0 Will surely get a new #bmc contract.

If you add up all the probabilities (which are meant as percentages), you'd get 25-26 riders. A great deal more than the 16-20 floating around as the team's target size, but some of my suggestions will be snapped up by other, bigger teams or re-sign with their old squad, making this a realistic assessment in my eyes.

Let the discussion begin! :)
     1. that will do the team management
     2. stagiaire
     3. from 2016
     4. stagiaire, possible pro contract
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:41 by LukasCPH »

Recent Posts