collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1599
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Re: The CULT ... of Stölting!
« on: April 24, 2015, 22:50 »
Teams get invites to smaller races early and can't just speculate on getting an invitation to a bigger one at the same time, because they might end up without races, or closing the door for next year.

Yes that stood out for me too, and particularly so for Cult with this being their step up year. If google translate has worked correctly it read like, they were half hoping that the Trentino organisers  would say don't race, but I may be interpreting that incorrectly. Until this year I had little idea how non WT races went about getting teams... or teams got to compete in the races they wanted... so it's all been an eye opening business.

I can imagine not many are willing to gamble getting wildcard invites to bigger races and turning down 'smaller' races to do so... with all the consequences that might have.

Quick look at the 20 PCT team squads reveals: only Cult and Bardiani  have the minimum 16 riders, with a further 6  fielding teams below 20. Might have to look at the race days etc on this... but not tonight ;p
  • ReplyReply

•