collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11168
  • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: The CULT ... of Stölting!
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2015, 13:59 »
https://twitter.com/DennisPraest/status/678937262458052609

put here rather the pollute the other thread
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1599
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #91 on: December 21, 2015, 14:06 »
    https://twitter.com/DennisPraest/status/678937262458052609

put here rather the pollute the other thread

More here from TV2

Tax evasion caught up with him ... well that all makes sense now... in a bad, terrible way.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7509
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #92 on: December 21, 2015, 22:18 »
    Tax evasion caught up with him ... well that all makes sense now... in a bad, terrible way.
    Nightclubs, energy drinks, alcopops - it was too good to be true.

Strange how so many Danish businessmen who chose to involve themselves in sports go down the drain though: First Kasi-Jesper and his handball investments, now CULT-Brian and the cycling team ... :(
    Where are the good, old reliable businesspeople who deal fairly and openly?[1] :Sleepy:
     1. Did they ever exist?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #93 on: December 22, 2015, 12:18 »
    Nightclubs, energy drinks, alcopops - it was too good to be true.

Strange how so many Danish businessmen who chose to involve themselves in sports go down the drain though: First Kasi-Jesper and his handball investments, now CULT-Brian and the cycling team ... :(
    Where are the good, old reliable businesspeople who deal fairly and openly?[1] :Sleepy:
     1. Did they ever exist?

I don't know Lukas to be honest. I'm sure they exist, though I fail right now to find an example other than at a grass roots level. But for all the mess it ended in... and yes It was a HUGE stinking pile, there were still years where it worked and worked well.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 12:25 »
    Hadn't thought about this side of things...

DCU lose 60,000 kroner as company teams switching from Danish into German license.

Also it appears from this article that in exchange for a decrease in salaries the riders have been allowed to leave the contract open for a while... meaning they can look at other offers. At least one has chosen this option.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 13:00 »
    Also it appears from this article that in exchange for a decrease in salaries the riders have been allowed to leave the contract open for a while... meaning they can look at other offers. At least one has chosen this option.
    Mads P says that if an interesting offer comes along, he doesn't rule out signing elsewhere, yes. But I think that's rather academical.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #96 on: January 22, 2016, 21:08 »
    Good news:
    http://feltet.dk/nyheder/skelde_kommer_tilbage_-_fra_2017/ (in *dk)

Michael Skelde has started to lay the bricks for a new cycling team, to start racing in 2017. :cool

No indication of the level of the team yet.
  • ReplyReply

• P.

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 19
    « Reply #97 on: February 17, 2016, 16:41 »
    So Cult is back in Cycling with Cult Energy Vital Water.
    At least it is a bit surprising. Aren't there still the court procedures against Stötlting and the tax problems in danmark? I think they should wait untill this problems are solved.
     And what does it mean for the Team Stölting? Think the riders are not amused that they had to give up big parts of their wages and now Cult invests money in another team
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #98 on: February 17, 2016, 18:58 »
    Aren't there still the court procedures against Stölting and the tax problems in danmark? I think they should wait untill this problems are solved.
    The tax problems were about the private wealth of the founder and CEO of the company, Brian Sørensen. As far as I know, he had to pay a fine - that was published in December -, but that was the end of that.
    All that said, Brian was very involved in the sponsorship and relations with the team, and it's not impossible that at least some of the money came not from team accounts, but his own pocket.
    No idea about the possible court case from Stölting Cycling (the team management company).

And what does it mean for the Team Stölting? Think the riders are not amused that they had to give up big parts of their wages and now Cult invests money in another team
    Wegmann certainly isn't happy!
    https://twitter.com/FabianWegmann/status/699683640075251712
  • ReplyReply

•