collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7562
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1599
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Re: The CULT ... of Stölting!
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 10:32 »
Excellent work Lukas  :cool :cool

I am excited too, I had been very worried the whole project was going belly up. As you say the merger works well for lots of reasons:

Cult are saved and Stolting can go PC, something that would have been risky/unfeasible otherwise.

It sounds as though the financial base is solid, a rarity in these times especially for smaller teams.

The few details we have about the backroom staff sounds heartening and will allow the likes of Skelde to concentrate on his core skills and not have to deal with the burden of running the business. Providing they have the right people in place (and I have no knowledge to comment on that) this is a very important detail. For all I moan at Tinkoff-Saxo, the separation of business from sporting duties is the way to go.

What I love most of all is that the two teams have the shared background in and desire to keep developing new talent...

On the issue of team kit... You think Marcello will lose the kit contract? :( I suppose I can't have everything and I am agog to see what the new design will be like mind  :lol

However, POC helmet and glasses... look at Trefor Blue Water  #shudders. The Kask is so much neater on the and doesn't look like an abomination stuck on top of their heads. On the brighter side I suppose it will give me something to gripe against over the next THREE YEARS....

:D :D THREE WHOLE YEARS does happy dance again  :D :D

And now to TRANSFERS cos that's where the most fun will come from
I am hoping to see a squad nearer to 20 than 16.  I felt  #cult were over stretched this year, almost certainly as a consequence of not knowing which races they would get invites to early enough in the season. I hope it will be a little easier to plan for 2016.  Plus if they have both Quaade and  #tcg Lasse Norman on board, they will need extra cover to allow for Olympic prep.

10 riders on board (I think Hnik must have had a two year neo-pro contract too), so looking for another 6 to 10.

I can't see any good argument for not offering new deals to  #cult Guldhammer, Mortensen, Vinther, and Reihs. In fact they should be knocking at Guldhammer's door right now. I thought Reihs might step down and become a DS after this year, but a yet another new challenge might tempt him... and I guess how many Ds's will they operate, especially with Skelde back to sporting duties.

As for #stolting I know hardly anything about their squad... but a mix of U23 and more senior experienced squad members sounds feasible

If they offer all 8  contract, that only leaves two places for their upper limit of 20 riders  :o :o... and you have offered a veritable chocolate box of options.

FWIW I think they will go for  #coloquick Mads Wurz. He was close to making the cut last year and I think he'll be suited at this level before a move further on. Plus I think I'm right in saying TTing may be a bit of a speciality for the team.

Not sure about  #tcg Lasse Norman. My heart would love to see it, but with the only a dicey potential two places up for grabs, not sure he'll make it.

They do need another sprinter. Marko Kump would be great, but I don't think it'll happen. There must surely be a young German talent to bring on board. I know Russ Downing hasn't produced the results and may prefer to go for a UK based team, but I do think he has been a good team player, helping that team to bond. And while that may not be enough to keep him, it should be recognised.

Not keen on  #lotto J vdB so ruling that one out  ;)

#trefor Kragh brothers and #Kamp are all brilliant but probably destined elsewhere

Good road captains are crucial. It's a pivotal role and particularly for a team finding it's feet in the Pro peloton and with a slant towards younger riders.  My gut feeling is they'll look for a German which would rule out  #greenedge Mouris  :(#sky Knees would be tip top, fingers crossed he's looking for a new challenge. Of course there is ALWAYS  #sky Bernie Eisel \o/ along with his partner in crime  #etixx Cav - thereby solving the sprinter dilemma  ;)

Of all the low probability choices I think I like  #fdj Jussi Veikkanen best, closely followed by  #europcar Dan Craven

I might just explode if they signed Special Breschel  :D 
But for all that I don't think it will happen, he'll want WT for sure... though I can't see where atm #worried

Right I'll stop rambling now and finish with one last thought. It is definitely exciting times ahead.  A lot of thought will be put into just what sort of team they want to be, which type of races they want to focus on.  I know that's a bit chicken and egg, in that the riders they already carry through and of course sponsors needs will dictate that to some extent... but even so it might help to narrow down where their new signings will come from.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 13:43 by Not My Circus »

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11185
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 19:29 »
    A good move to have a team manager who is familiar with cycling, but still comes from "outside". He won't have the blinkers many "insiders" have.
  • ReplyReply

• ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 235
    « Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 00:09 »
    So on the one hand that manager talks about nationality not being important and on the other, if I understood, about a German core. I don't know what that means but for sure keeping any of the current riders from Stölting would weaken the team. Last year CULT cut almost everyone, even really talented guys like Sterobo and Christensen. There is no reason it should be different now and besides with four Germans (and also Kirsch I guess) there is already a significant number of German riders.

For signings two or three real quality guys is what it should be about. I don't really see a need for capitaine de route types or support riders. Jeannesson would maybe be great if he can't continue with FDJ or someone from Europcar or maybe Baptiste Planckaert for the Belgian races. Burghardt and Gretsch are some German riders who could improve the team but they are probably not going anywhere.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 08:45 »
    So on the one hand that manager talks about nationality not being important and on the other, if I understood, about a German core. I don't know what that means but for sure keeping any of the current riders from Stölting would weaken the team. Last year CULT cut almost everyone, even really talented guys like Sterobo and Christensen. There is no reason it should be different now and besides with four Germans (and also Kirsch I guess) there is already a significant number of German riders.
    CULT kept 5 riders, though. Sterobo retired, Mads C may have wanted more than the UCI minimum wage (there's good money in the *dk Conti scene if you know where to go to), or simply didn't want to give the pro life another try - he retired in July, so that's actually very likely.

They may not keep many #stolting guys, most are simply not good enough - but it would go against the "old" Stölting team's philosophy if they did a complete clean-out.

Managers say a lot, much of it doesn't necessarily have to mean anything. ;)
    Nationality may not be the only factor in deciding which riders to approach - but it could play a role in which riders say yes.

For signings two or three real quality guys is what it should be about. I don't really see a need for capitaine de route types or support riders. Jeannesson would maybe be great if he can't continue with FDJ or someone from Europcar or maybe Baptiste Planckaert for the Belgian races. Burghardt and Gretsch are some German riders who could improve the team but they are probably not going anywhere.
    Three hours ago I would have said that Jeannesson isn't ever going to happen. Now he's confirmed as leaving #fdj - good pick there. :cool

"Someone from Europcar" - most French riders stay in France for their entire careers. Craven would be an option, as I said in my own crystal ball post (he speaks German fluently) - other than that, it's anyone's guess.

Burghardt & Gretsch are out of contract; especially Gretsch has been somewhat of a journeyman, never more than two years at the same team. I don't think they'll have the money for Burghardt, but Gretsch is a possibility.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8129
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 09:24 »
    Has this changed Cult's plans for the rest of the year? They still finishing racing early?
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 09:56 »
    Has this changed Cult's plans for the rest of the year? They still finishing racing early?

No, I'm sure I read that they'll still finish on Sept 13th... they have riders at the Worlds so would be stretched to roster a team. I'll see if I can remember where I read it.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #38 on: August 25, 2015, 10:02 »
    I don't really see a need for capitaine de route types or support riders.

Still think they'll need one, particularly if they take younger riders. If Reihs stays, that's one. But they need to  offer something other than good road captain skills.

Jeannesson would maybe be great if he can't continue with FDJ
      :cool
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 10:09 »
    No, I'm sure I read that they'll still finish on Sept 13th... they have riders at the Worlds so would be stretched to roster a team. I'll see if I can remember where I read it.
    You read it here: ;)
    And I had a talk with Luke Roberts myself: ;)
    Roberts: "A good opportunity for both teams" *au
    Roberts: "Holdene passer godt sammen" *dk

They'll finish (as a team) after Britain, with a couple of guys going to Richmond of course.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 11:05 »
    You read it here: ;)

Knew it was somewhere  :P
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 22:10 »
    Jeannesson would maybe be great if he can't continue with FDJ
    Jeannesson speculated as going to ex-Europcar (which makes a whole lot more sense from a French point of view).

Looking at talented ex-Stölting riders who might "come back", I've found two:
    #leopard Jan Dieteren, who's currently doing well in l'Avenir, but doesn't have a pro deal yet as far as I know; and #kuota Max Walscheid, who's a Giant-Alpecin stagiaire, but may look for a lower rung of the ladder if he isn't taken over full-time there.

I know that they've said they'll look for experience and routine more than promise and potential in their new signings, but paper and press microphones don't blush. And these two could be spinned as not really being new signings, but instead returning to the fold.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 22:55 »
    The few details we have about the backroom staff sounds heartening and will allow the likes of Skelde to concentrate on his core skills and not have to deal with the burden of running the business. Providing they have the right people in place (and I have no knowledge to comment on that) this is a very important detail. For all I moan at Tinkoff-Saxo, the separation of business from sporting duties is the way to go.

What I love most of all is that the two teams have the shared background in and desire to keep developing new talent...
    Yes. :win

On the issue of team kit... You think Marcello will lose the kit contract? :( I suppose I can't have everything and I am agog to see what the new design will be like mind  :lol

However, POC helmet and glasses... look at Trefor Blue Water  #shudders. The Kask is so much neater on the and doesn't look like an abomination stuck on top of their heads. On the brighter side I suppose it will give me something to gripe against over the next THREE YEARS....
    Marcello Bergamo is a small brand. Very small, actually. They could want to promote themselves as supplying kit for CULT Stölting only, but I think it's more likely that POC step up to the task. The Swedish company had basically put its corporate branding on the #stolting kit, hinting at a substantial involvement (and financial contribution). They would be able to do whatever they wanted with kit & equipment if they become a main partner.
    It could also be one of the "regular" kit manufacturers like Santini, Alé, Bio Racer or Vermarc - but I think POC is overwhelmingly likely.
    Sorry, Midge. :P

As for bikes - it could be just about any brand really. I expect Große Kreul[1] busily scouring the Eurobike these days talking to bike producers, trying to sell his team to them. :D

I am hoping to see a squad nearer to 20 than 16.  I felt  #cult were over stretched this year, almost certainly as a consequence of not knowing which races they would get invites to early enough in the season. I hope it will be a little easier to plan for 2016.  Plus if they have both Quaade and  #tcg Lasse Norman on board, they will need extra cover to allow for Olympic prep.
    Definitely closer to 20 than 16. Maybe even above 20 if they can some extra money (POC! Big bike brand! Company with interests in both countries!).

FWIW I think they will go for  #coloquick Mads Wurz. He was close to making the cut last year and I think he'll be suited at this level before a move further on. Plus I think I'm right in saying TTing may be a bit of a speciality for the team.
    Würtz would be a most obvious signing. I'm sure they would be happy to have him - but he might get bigger offers (from teams with larger coffers)[2] after his summer performances.

Not sure about  #tcg Lasse Norman. My heart would love to see it, but with the only a dicey potential two places up for grabs, not sure he'll make it.
    It depends on how many places will be up for grabs. Norman could lose out as he's not from the Skelde stable, and especially with being out for some time because of Rio ... but they could also turn it around and put together tailor-made programs for him & Quaade in cooperation with DCU.
    Not many teams are willing to accommodate a track Olympian, this one is - that will play into the rider's own decision-making process.

They do need another sprinter. Marko Kump would be great, but I don't think it'll happen. There must surely be a young German talent to bring on board. I know Russ Downing hasn't produced the results and may prefer to go for a UK based team, but I do think he has been a good team player, helping that team to bond. And while that may not be enough to keep him, it should be recognised.
    Russ Downing is a good guy to have on your roster, personally I'd want to keep him. But the lure of a British PCT may be too big.
    Agree on Kump, he's more likely to go to an Italian[3] team: #lampre Lampre-Merida? #ccc CCC Sprandi? If he has no other options & can find a rich uncle, #androni Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec?
    And that's where Tino Thömel comes in ... :D

Not keen on  #lotto J vdB so ruling that one out  ;)
    #katusha have solved this problem. :)

#trefor Kragh brothers and #Kamp are all brilliant but probably destined elsewhere
    Yeah, it's not going to happen. They're destined elsewhere, for bigger and better (?) things.

Good road captains are crucial. It's a pivotal role and particularly for a team finding it's feet in the Pro peloton and with a slant towards younger riders.  My gut feeling is they'll look for a German which would rule out  #greenedge Mouris  :(#sky Knees would be tip top, fingers crossed he's looking for a new challenge. Of course there is ALWAYS  #sky Bernie Eisel o/ along with his partner in crime  #etixx Cav - thereby solving the sprinter dilemma  ;)
    Knees would be a top pick; he's probably very well-paid at Sky, though.
    Eisel - not going to happen, and neither is Cav. They'll spend (part of) their off-season in *za South Africa, I'm sure! :P
    Burghardt and Gretsch have been mentioned, and I'll use this opportunity to shovel more coal on the Ciolek fire. ;)
    Another stellar signing would be Marcel Sieberg - but there's no way he'll leave Greipel's side. And there's no way Greipel will leave #lotto Lotto-Soudal.

Of all the low probability choices I think I like  #fdj Jussi Veikkanen best, closely followed by  #europcar Dan Craven
    Crossing fingers for both. In particular Dan from Nam, of course! :)

I might just explode if they signed Special Breschel  :D 
    But for all that I don't think it will happen, he'll want WT for sure... though I can't see where atm #worried
    Too expensive in my mind. But who knows, if he's out of favour everywhere else ...

There have been some new smoke signals saying that #champdk Chris Anker is a potential signing - but I don't see it happening myself, really. Puzzled why he isn't announced at #bora already, actually.

A good, consistent and attacking rider who would strengthen the team is #vorarlberg Grischa Janorschke. But the team will probably be too small to take on riders like him.

Right I'll stop rambling now and finish with one last thought. It is definitely exciting times ahead.
    Very exciting! :woohoo
     1. what a marvellous name
     2. yes, I did this on purpose
     3. or "Italian"
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #43 on: August 28, 2015, 21:18 »
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media

DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 896
    • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #46 on: October 01, 2015, 18:25 »
    #cult Troels Vinther ---> #riwal
    Hmm. The *dk exodus at #cult continues - Mortensen, now Vinther ...
    I hope they'll keep a reasonable number of Danes. :(
  • ReplyReply

• ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 18:52 »
    Yeah, what's the point of the team if they only have four, maybe five next year?
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13142
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #48 on: October 01, 2015, 19:00 »
    well, how many riders will they have? ~16-18? Around 1/3 Danish, 1/3 German, 1/3 International I think, would make sense to me. This year most of the riders were not Danish already, and that was before they got a German sponsor.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #49 on: October 01, 2015, 20:00 »
    Quote from LukasCPH
    I hope they'll keep a reasonable number of Danes.
    Me too, not quite sure what is going on atm. The (re)-signing of Quaade for example. Surely he was a neo and on a two year contract anyway? Maybe it's because it's not strictly the same team??  Are they going through the whole process with all Carbel and Pedersen too.

Quote from Ciranda
    Yeah, what's the point of the team if they only have four, maybe five next year?
    We'll have to wait and see I guess... Guldhammer, Quaade, Kamp.. Carbel and Pedersen, unless they're renegotiating them as well. The only Danes left unaccounted for is Reihs, I might have missed something though I guess.

Quote from Search
    well, how many riders will they have? ~16-18? Around 1/3 Danish, 1/3 German, 1/3 International I think, would make sense to me. This year most of the riders were not Danish already, and that was before they got a German sponsor.
    I'm hoping for more than 16, and would be looking more like 20... they were struggling this year to field teams, particularly when the young guys were national team duties.
  • ReplyReply

• ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #50 on: October 01, 2015, 22:06 »

Without looking at nationality Vinther has been one of the better riders this year, better than all international riders except maybe Hnik. In addition he is good support for Guldhammer because he is the same type of cyclist more or less.

So Vinther seemed like a valuable rider to keep. It's unlikely that he preferred to go elsewhere. Five Danish riders are confirmed right now and unless they sign more it's not okay for a team who has talked a lot about their ambition to develop cyclists and help transition into WT teams. It's true that the lineup this year was already a disappointment in that regard but that was explained by the late start last year.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #51 on: October 01, 2015, 22:10 »
    They had 7/16 this year.
    That number will go down, it appears now, but hopefully not by too much.

Me too, not quite sure what is going on atm. The (re)-signing of Quaade for example. Surely he was a neo and on a two year contract anyway? Maybe it's because it's not strictly the same team??  Are they going through the whole process with all Carbel and Pedersen too.
    Who knows? It's all very confusing to me. :S

I'm hoping for more than 16, and would be looking more like 20... they were struggling this year to field teams, particularly when the young guys were national team duties.
    I would hope for more than 16 too; 18-20 would be good.
    5 Danes are confirmed so far (if we assume that the neo-pro contracts of Carbel & Mads P will be honoured), 1-4 more could be added - Reihs, Norman, Würtz, AKA. I don't think we'll see more than 2 of those at the team.
    5 Germans are confirmed until now (including neo-pro Christian Mager), plus the 3 "foreign" neo-pros Hnik, Kirsch & Zangerle.
    I'd expect 2-4 more Germans to be announced; if the number of extra Germans is low, one or two "foreigners" might come on board too.

All in all, that gives us this:
    *dk 5-7
    *de 5-9
    *eu 3-4
    The two main sponsors may want to keep a balance of Danes & Germans, putting us to e.g. 7 each, plus the 3 foreigners - that's a roster of 17. If an exceptional prospect comes along, that balance may be thrown out the window though.

I have to say that the merger team is starting to leave me with a sour taste.
    Last year when CULT stepped up there was a cleaning out of sorts - but they still kept several of the team's mainstays (Reihs, Vinther; Steensen as DS) and their biggest talents (Carbel, Mads P; letting Würtz go, well ... even Skelde can't do everything right).
    As it is now, Stölting only carry over Kämna and Reutter, while Herklotz and Politt have signed with other pro teams (I guess they can't do much about that). But no matter what, almost a dozen of 2015's #stolting riders will be looking for a new team.

The "old" Stölting team's emphasis on development inside and outside cycling (the team encourages riders to continue their education, and offers employment in the company for ex-riders) appears to be another victim of the sponsor's step up to the bigger (but, with a squad that's all but the bare minimum, still relatively modest) scene.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #52 on: October 01, 2015, 22:16 »
    Vinther seemed like a valuable rider to keep. It's unlikely that he preferred to go elsewhere.
    Some of the Danish Conti teams pay quite handsome wages to their more established riders; #riwal is said to be the team with the highest budget (I know, you wouldn't guess so from their results). It's not inconceivable that they've matched or even exceeded CULT-Stölting's contract offer (that won't have been much above the prescribed UCI minimum).

Five Danish riders are confirmed right now and unless they sign more it's not okay for a team who has talked a lot about their ambition to develop cyclists and help transition into WT teams. It's true that the lineup this year was already a disappointment in that regard but that was explained by the late start last year.
    Fully agree (as posted above).
    This year, there was the uncertainty about the sponsor situation though, with planning for 2016 only really starting in mid-August. That would explain some of the helterskelterness with which the roster is again assembled - but not all of it.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #53 on: October 01, 2015, 22:22 »
    Without looking at nationality Vinther has been one of the better riders this year, better than all international riders except maybe Hnik. In addition he is good support for Guldhammer because he is the same type of cyclist more or less.

with "International" you mean not German or Danish? Because without Wegmann and Gerdemann they would struggle to get invites to any proper races I think. So I see those two as key riders for the team, basically no matter the results. Downing also opened some doors to the British races I guess. Although Gerdemann even secured their biggest win of the season in Luxembourg.
  • ReplyReply

• ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #54 on: October 01, 2015, 22:57 »
    Some of the Danish Conti teams pay quite handsome wages to their more established riders; #riwal is said to be the team with the highest budget (I know, you wouldn't guess so from their results). It's not inconceivable that they've matched or even exceeded CULT-Stölting's contract offer (that won't have been much above the prescribed UCI minimum).

That's interesting, you mentioned that before. Alright but Vinther seems like someone who really loves cycling and would choose a better race program over money. Yeah, Riwal sucks pretty hard most of the time.

The "old" Stölting team's emphasis on development inside and outside cycling (the team encourages riders to continue their education, and offers employment in the company for ex-riders) appears to be another victim of the sponsor's step up to the bigger (but, with a squad that's all but the bare minimum, still relatively modest) scene.

Oh cool, Stölting seems like a good team. I care mostly about the Danish riders, as is obvious. And from this chauvinistic perspective it's like Danish cycling need a team like CULT more than German cycling does. Signing Reutter is equal to signing Klaris Bak or Gregaard (although both have much better results) and no way is that going to happen. It wouldn't be a good option anyway for them because they need to get better first.

The real thing CULT should do is take established or almost established, experienced guys who can be valuable and Vinther surely is one.

with "International" you mean not German or Danish?

Yeah same definition you used above.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #55 on: October 02, 2015, 00:16 »
    That's interesting, you mentioned that before. Alright but Vinther seems like someone who really loves cycling and would choose a better race program over money.
    True enough. But we don't know what's happening for him outside cycling. Maybe he wants to take a university degree and cuts back on the cycling for that, maybe his girlfriend is pregnant and he wants to spend more time with the family ... All possible.

Signing Reutter is equal to signing Klaris Bak or Gregaard (although both have much better results) and no way is that going to happen.
    Ha, good point. :lol
    But as always, whoever pays the bills gets to call the shots.

If I had to guess, I would say that CULT (the sponsor/the Danish half of the team) can pick ~1/3 of the squad, Stölting (the sponsor/the German half) have another 1/3, and the last third is chosen based purely on sporting criteria.

If the half-dozen neo-pros (Quaade, Carbel, Mads P, Hnik, Kirsch, Zangerle) were to be considered part of the "CULT legacy", that's their whole allotment as good as gone.
    Guldhammer & Kamp can be assigned to the third that makes sense from a sporting standpoint, as can Kämna, Gerdemann and Wegmann.
    Maybe Wegmann could be pushed over into the Stölting allotment, joining Reutter there.

But even then, you might want to brace yourself for a few more *de signings - better to be prepared. Mager, Oelerich, Porzner, Koep ... :shh

;)
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    « Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06 »
    oh, most definitely. But Carbel can still do the leadout for Porzner I guess  :P
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 11:30 »
    A bit of technical information...

https://twitter.com/SpazioCiclismo/status/662586801668780032

Looks like Cult-Stölting will ride Rose bikes for 2016 (Cult were on Ridley, not sure what Stolting rode in 2015)

the link gives this....
    The Cult Energy - Stölting Group announced a new technical partner for 2016. The German company  Rose will supply all the equipment on bicycles in the Danish team taking over the Belgian  Ridley . The agreement was recently signed revealing one of the keys to unlock the negotiations for the signing of Gerald Ciolek from MTN-QHUBEKA. This is the first time at these levels for the Rose that has probed so far the only national market in particular by sponsoring the team RadNet - Rose .

Interesting for the link re Ciolek.  I've placed orders with Rose before (not a bike though), excellent company to deal with and a nice move for them to get involved at a higher level.

Just a little niggle though, I know I'm biased, but this feels less and less Danish as the time goes on (and yes I KNOW it was always going to be so ;p)
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 11:43 »
    2016 team update as of Nov 6th

Riders (17)
     *dk CARBEL SVENDGAARD, Michael
     *de CIOLEK, Gerald
     *de GERDEMANN, Linus
     *dk GULDHAMMER, Rasmus
     *dk HANSEN, Lasse Norman
     *dk KAMP, Alexander
     *lx KIRSCH, Alex
     *de KOEP, Thomas
     *de KäMNA, Lennard
     *fr LEMARCHAND, Romain
     *de MAGER, Christian
     *dk PEDERSEN, Mads
     *dk QUAADE, Rasmus
     *dk REIHS, Michael
     *de REUTTER, Sven
     *de TENBROCK, Jonas
     *de WEGMANN, Fabian

I'd still like to see them with at least one or two more... but we shall see.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 10:45 »
     :(

Not listed on the long-awaited first tranche of teams receiving WT and PCT licences released today

Six teams applying for UCI Professional Continental status have had their application declined in the first instance and their files have been referred to the Licence Commission in accordance with article 2.16.017.

The UCI will communicate the decisions of the Licence Commission concerning the award of further licences during November and December.

Wonder what the problem is this year? Last year it was due to the late loss (well non appearance) of Luxembourg sponsor and money, and having to redo all the paperwork.  But they have had time this year to submit everything...

We'll have to wait and see, hopefully it's a procedural problem which can be sorted quickly.

• ReplyReply

•