collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7566
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: The CULT ... of Stölting!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2015, 11:36 »
We'll have to wait and see, hopefully it's a procedural problem which can be sorted quickly.
I don't expect any serious problems at all. Not for this team (nor for any other, really).
They have two main sponsors, a committed bike partner, a strong roster (stronger than for 2015 in my opinion) - it must be procedural. Could be as simple as faxing a copy instead of mailing an original; nothing more than a 2-week hold-up.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1599
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 11:21 »
    Couple of interviews form Danish riders, both in Danish but only one where Google Translate can help.

First up an excellent article on the oldest man in Danish cycling Michael Reihs in Cykelmagasinet on doing things the Cult way
    He talks about his advanced years and retirement thoughts  ;)
    Never say, it is the last. But that is no lie when I say that I did not expect to be the next Jens Voigt. Very few people who can handle it. Although I recently was made ​​aware that I am the oldest current Danish rider in the field, so feel absolutely not the oldest. I feel like a late 20s, says Reihs laughing, adding cheerfully:
    His own season highlights,
    I rode a good DM, and actually began to smell a DM jersey at the time..... Despite good legs were never Reihs' day in Randers. When Martin Mortensen dashed, he showed himself as the loyal teammate and gave his wheels at the expense of its own ambitions. 15th place at the Championships.

Amstel Gold Race and Liege Bastogne Liege is always special and was really cool to drive this year. It was flipping hard, but really fat. Another great moment was in Het Nieuwsblad, where I was part of the outbreak and was leading in the race.

His Cult highlights
    I remember Mads Pedersen's performance at '4 days of Dunkerque'. It was great, because everyone on the team backed up around him. It was really cool to see how he once again proved how he holds true world class.

Rasmus Guldhammer: - Guldhammer has blossomed tremendously up while he has been with us. I almost think that he has run the top 10 in all the years we've been in. It's incredibly impressive.
    The merger
    It will be a new team with a new composition. Skelde is back in his old role as sports director, and I think it's good for the team and good for Michael himself. Now he can focus one hundred percent on the sporting and leave the administrative to others. I think this is really good.

Although the team includes a large internal age difference, the co-operation and belief in each other something that shines through the interim president: - We have a really good team and like to do things "Cult-way". We help each other and hills always hundred percent up on the projects. We will try and carry further the same style next year.
    and finally 2016
    There has been some new in, but we'll try to teach them how we do things, he says and refers to the merger with the team's co-sponsor, Stölting Group, which has brought some young German talents in its wake. The newcomers forces has indisputably increased competition within the team, but Reihs' experience remains irreplaceable, and therefore change his role on the team itself does not: - My role will continue to be, to take care of the young and the new. It will be my task to bind the team together and make sure that we are running as Michael Skelde and I think we should run.

Next up is Feltet's interview with young sprinter Michael Carbel (recently relocated from Luxembourg to Girona).

2015 did not go quite as easy and successful as many had hoped. Learn about this and more in the interview with Michael Carbel below. Here you can also get an explanation of the cause, for he even began to cycle - and it is perhaps not exactly what we had expected - to hear what the World Tour team, he hopes to be running for.
    Read more at http://feltet.dk/nyheder/hvad_er_michael_carbels_hoejeste_oenske/#UakfqE0DY4QCQgeU.99
    The answers to this and more are to be found in the filmed portion of the interview.  It's about 20 mins long, takes place in a white room and they have him backed into a badly lit corner.  Other than that I can't help much more  :lol

Enjoy ...
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11186
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #63 on: November 24, 2015, 14:05 »
    Press release on brand new website

CULT Energy – Stölting Group is looking forward to presenting the team’s approach, look, goals, lineup and race calendar at the team presentation at the end of January in Mallorca, Spain.
    aww no slide at Cult HQ  :lol

Looks like the lineup is complete????
    Would have liked more than 17 riders... particularly with at least two trying for Rio
    2016 Lineup
    Michael Carbel Svendgaard (DEN)
    Gerald Ciolek (GER)
    Linus Gerdemann (GER)
    Rasmus Guldhammer (DEN)
    Lasse Norman Hansen (DEN)
    Alexander Kamp (DEN)
    Lennard Kämna (GER)
    Alex Kirsch (LUX)
    Thomas Koep (GER)
    Romain Lemarchand (FRA)
    Christian Mager (GER)
    Mads Pedersen (DEN)
    Rasmus Quaade (DEN)
    Michael Reihs (DEN)
    Sven Reutter (GER)
    Jonas Tenbrock (GER)
    Fabian Wegmann (GER)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 07:14 »
    Medie: CULT mangler lønkroner for november (Feltet.dk) (in *dk)

According to Ekstra Bladet, CULT Energy hasn't paid out wages for November.
    The team's "economic director" René Thill[1] says that there'll be money coming in next week, and the wages will be paid then.
     1. who I've never heard of until now
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19 »
    Medie: CULT mangler lønkroner for november (Feltet.dk) (in *dk)

According to Ekstra Bladet, CULT Energy hasn't paid out wages for November.
    The team's "economic director" René Thill[1] says that there'll be money coming in next week, and the wages will be paid then.
     1. who I've never heard of until now

I was waiting for your take on this. I read it this morning with a sinking feeling. But was unsure if it was EB being all... well EB - and making a mountain out of a molehill when in fact this is just an admin error. Or if it was something symptomatic of the fact they can't get it together even with a new sponsor on board. It doesn't look good for them to be struggling with funding issues so early. At best get the admin sorted guys! At  worst... a long hard season awaits where once again money takes the focus away from the cycling. I hate that they are seem dogged with problems.  Hopefully a switch to German admin will help.

As for Mr Thrill (What a GREAT name).. no me neither, but he seems to go back a long way with the usual suspects.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 13:25 »
    Interview with Alexander Kamp...

Looks like his first objective is the Spring Season. Also looks like the team are confident of Oman invite (or they know and just waiting for the press release)
    Yes, I will be opening my season with Tour of Qatar and after Tour of Oman. That is going to be a really good motivation and training for me, to prepare for the races I have in March. It is always good to start the season with stage races, to prepare for the classic as well. I really think it will help me to the races that I have to put my focus into, a little bit longer into the spring season.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 00:05 »
    I was waiting for your take on this. I read it this morning with a sinking feeling. But was unsure if it was EB being all... well EB - and making a mountain out of a molehill when in fact this is just an admin error. Or if it was something symptomatic of the fact they can't get it together even with a new sponsor on board. It doesn't look good for them to be struggling with funding issues so early. At best get the admin sorted guys! At  worst... a long hard season awaits where once again money takes the focus away from the cycling. I hate that they are seem dogged with problems.  Hopefully a switch to German admin will help.
    It's a common misconception (one that I shared in myself, see below) that the announcement of a new sponsor means the immediate influx of new cash to a team.
    But until 1st January, CULT is on its own. And the team has had more than its fair share of trouble - from Weylandt selling snake-oil to the theft of a truckload of bikes.
    When the merger was announced, I asked Luke Roberts if the race program would be extended now that the future was secured. He replied that the decision to stop racing after the Tour of Britain was made to ensure that everyone would be paid for the whole year - which in hindsight indicates that money was indeed very tight.

So it's not "struggling with funding issues so early"; it's instead "struggling with funding issues so late". We tend to forget it, with transfers announced and team camps going on, but it's still 2015. ;)

The letter to riders & staff appears to have said (like Thill is quoted) that those with lower wages would get 100% while those with higher wages might not get their whole wages paid. Therefore I think that EB has indeed made a mountain of a molehill.

And it's all academic anyway as CULT boss Brian Sørensen has stepped up and said he'll make sure everyone gets their money: CULT-boss vil betale rytternes løn (Feltet.dk) (in *dk)
    Hats off to that. He doesn't have to do it, but he does.

As for Mr Thrill (What a GREAT name).. no me neither, but he seems to go back a long way with the usual suspects.
    Thill, not Thrill. :P
    Possibly (probably, even) related to the #differdange rider Tom Thill.
    He hasn't been mentioned anywhere until now, which isn't the worst thing for a guy who's basically a fiduciary. And he'll be out of the whole thing in a month anyway.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #68 on: December 07, 2015, 13:43 »
    https://twitter.com/Staghoj/status/673855702608289792

When the new Cult-Stolting announced their roster for 2016 was full, *se Gustav Larsson wasn't on the list.

The SVT link put through google translate explains that the Swede signed a one year contract with  #cult Cult for 2015 with an option for an additional year in 2016. He just needed to tell them if he wanted to exercise this option, which he did. Only to be told by the newly merged Cult-Stolting that they don't regard this as valid because the deal was not made with them, but the old team.

The right to contract

Larsson himself says he has one year ago signed a contract with Danish Cult which is a plus one year. If only he announces the team in the time that he wants to use his second year, he is entitled to it. And he has done, he says.

But the next season, the team has been bought by German Team Stölting, and renamed. Larsson has during the autumn had difficulties to contact the new German team managers, but have been told by email that they do not see themselves forced to fulfill his contract when he wrote it with the old team and not the new.

Something that Larsson does not agree with and has taken it further.

- Of course it does not work that way. If a company buys another, they buy the also their liabilities, for example. You buy the whole package.

Larsson has now enabled the cyclists' association CPA, Cyclistes Professionnels Associés, which has taken over the communication.

- They're trying to get to a meeting and see if we can resolve it in some way, he says.

If you would have the right and you'll get your contract with the team, you would want to run a year for them?

- Yes, of course I do. I would love to.

I'm not up on the law, but the 'new' team did go through the process of resigning, and presumably renegotiating with the 2015 neo-pros who were mid way through their two year contract.  Not sure where the law lies and suspect there is a huge grey coloured area between what is required by law and what would be moral / right thing to do. We shall see.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #69 on: December 07, 2015, 13:50 »
    tbh the more you hear about the way the team is run the more you want the team to go away
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #70 on: December 07, 2015, 14:20 »
    tbh the more you hear about the way the team is run the more you want the team to go away

I know what you mean, I keep thinking it's teething troubles to do with the merger and it'll come out right... but the contract situation point to a harder line.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #71 on: December 09, 2015, 11:52 »
    https://twitter.com/CULTStoelting/status/674554141377765376

Hmmm....
    The CULT is an invitation to press conference on future of CULTs with Stölting Cycling GmbH.     
    Time: today d. 9. December kl. 15.00. Place: CULT HQ.

ADDED: seems this is an unexpected press call, as in none of the usual Danish journos know what to expect. Rumour mill in full drive and the general consensus seems to be negative rather than good news...
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:09 by Not My Circus »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #73 on: December 09, 2015, 12:18 »

Unkle Bajrne to be Manager I think

Hah! never a Danish cycling rumour without Uncle B  :P

But I don't see it... what with the BIG rumour about new team etc etc etc etc
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #74 on: December 09, 2015, 14:21 »
    Cult pull out sponsoring the team because they have lost faith in Stölting

this from the guys that could not cover wages and peeed off Gustav-Erik re 2016 contract seems a bit rich

Think I might have been correct earlier

They can go away now

Unkle Bjarne to save the team now ?
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1664
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    « Reply #75 on: December 09, 2015, 14:24 »

this from the guys that could not cover wages and peeed off Gustav-Erik re 2016 contract seems a bit rich

They can go away now

Certainly looks that way.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #77 on: December 09, 2015, 14:43 »

They can go away now

Not quite accurate, in that it was the new team (Cult-Stolting... under their new management) that peeed of Gustav and probably a whole load of other people. It was non payment of transferred assets from the old Cult team to the new merged one... that caused the financial trouble... seems  unfair to blame Brian from Cult for that given he stepped in to make up the shortfall.

And yes they will in fact go away now I suspect, though that has yet to be confirmed. If Stolting have no money for a partnership then they're unlikely to have any without.  And the going away will take the livelihood of all their staff.

Whether Uncle B steps in or not.. it's not going to save them this season I suspect... and for that I am sad. 
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #79 on: December 09, 2015, 15:34 »
    First press reports....

Feltet

auto-translate
    CULT announced today at a press conference that they stop their sponsorship of the CULT Energy Stölting Group with immediate effect.
    CULT Energy Pro Cycling

Denmark's cycling team, Cult Energy Pro Cycling, which has merged with Team Stölting to become CULT Energy Stölting Group, lose their main sponsor for three years, has CULT just announced at a press conference.

Energy company has experienced a large breach of contract from Stölting Groups page, when the German company did not deliver the payments that they have undertaken since September, and CULT has terminated cooperation with Stölting of today. It announced CULT-owner Brian Sørensen Germans just three hours ago.

"We are saddened by what happened today. We members have struggled for it, but we will not put my name to Stölting when they can not keep appointments," says Brian Sorensen Feltet.dk

"Confidence Unfortunately away. CULT can not have a close cooperation with a company whose morality is not consistent with our values. As a consequence, we have per. Today decided to terminate our sponsorship," it said. Brian Sørensen while guaranteeing the riders get paid the rest of 2015, but the Danish company will not sponsor any of the 2016th

Stölting should have taken payments from the former owner company Lion Cycling, but it has not done, and therefore CULT purchase all the stock from Lion Cycling, guaranteed pay and stop our cooperation with Stölting. Brian Sørensen does not rule out that at some point they will return. Where that leaves the team, he does not know as it is only three hours ago, they announced Stölting that they would leave things around.

"I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will have no impact on the Danish cycling. Michael Skelde contracted at. 1st January with Stölting so that it still applies. I do not think there is anything that prevents the team continues on Danish license . I do not know if they will or can turn it into German license, "he concludes.

Read more at http://feltet.dk/nyheder/cult_stopper_sponsorat/#S6ZSfHOKzFwxXkJC.99

Cult have purchased the assets form Lion Cycling, will guarantee wages to end of 2015... but all future co-operation on the three year deal (2016 - 2018) cease now.  Stolting looking for a new partner, will try and continue 2016... but the story moves fast.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #80 on: December 09, 2015, 17:22 »
    https://twitter.com/euroschulle/status/674618476745662464

Stölting saying they have down what they were meant too

tius going to get ugly
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #81 on: December 09, 2015, 21:49 »
    I'll withhold my opinion/comment/judgment until the dust has settled and things are a bit clearer.

All I'll say for now is: What a mess. :(
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #82 on: December 09, 2015, 22:46 »
    I'll withhold my opinion/comment/judgment until the dust has settled and things are a bit clearer.

All I'll say for now is: What a mess. :(

It all happened so fast, and of course the Cult announcement meant the DK press were first off the mark, and Stolting have to have time to react. It's a mess as you say, and I'm sad for the staff caught up in this whirlwind.

In a way it really doesn't matter who said or did what, and when... The fact remains that even if a solution is found and the riders race which I hope happens),  the team that grabbed my attention and the leaders jersey at PDR all those years ago is gone, and with it a little part of my hopes for DK cycling ...  and that makes me sad too
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:34 by Not My Circus »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #84 on: December 14, 2015, 11:28 »
    Well, that is unexpected.
    I hope the Germans know what they're doing. :S
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #85 on: December 14, 2015, 11:52 »
    Danish cycling is getting a right kicking, many of the younger stars may end up sitting out the year the way things are going
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #86 on: December 14, 2015, 14:37 »
    Danish cycling is getting a right kicking, many of the younger stars may end up sitting out the year the way things are going

Yes it is, yes they might, and I could cry...
    We have Lasse Norman quoted as saying he feels cheated, and I can't say I blame him.  What are any of them to do at this time of year... Danes and Germans alike. Guess we'll have to wait until Weds (I think that's the day Stolting said they would make an announcement) to see what the plan is: Pro-conti, Conti or nothing...
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8151
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #87 on: December 15, 2015, 22:26 »
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/cult-ryttere-reddet-team-stolting-fortsaetter/5873221

Press conference tomorrow morning to confirm it (or not, as the case may be).
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2975
    • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #89 on: December 17, 2015, 13:01 »
    It has been a most strange December for this set-up.

For what it's worth, the dust appears to have settled, and the team continues as a ProConti team in 2016.
    However, it will be as Stölting Service Group after CULT Energy pulled out of their sponsorship contract.

Both sides claim they've been the "good guys" - for the moment, it's CULT's word against that of Stölting Cycling (the team management, not the sponsor). It's hard to say who's telling the truth ... and I expect it will be some time until the truth does come out.

So, even though the era of #cult CULT Energy Pro Cycling & Skelde Cycling is effectively over, there'll still be stuff to report on.

For the new ProConti team, I've started a new thread: Stölting Cycling
  • ReplyReply

•