collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1785
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Re: How many languages are you fluent in?
« on: November 02, 2014, 15:02 »
Danish/English

For me it works in the worst kind of combination, my grammar is better in English. Vocabulary is about the same, maybe a bit better in English after all, but it is expanded in different areas, I know all kinds of sayings in Danish, but know more science and economics related words in English.

Danish is my mother tongue and I originally learned English from tv/rap-music before going to an English languaged schools for four years. I like speaking English better than Danish, and does communicate with other Danish people in English at times. Either people that feel the same, or if I am ordering food or something.

I can easily understand Norwegian, Swedish is a bit tougher. Other western European languages I can pick up a lot of information from, only had 3½ years of French, which I never learned, and one year of Spanish, where I somehow managed to pass despite not going to half the classes, and failing on almost every test, thank you curve.

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Topics