VeloHuman

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 2
    • VeloHuman
Re: The 2015 CQ Ranking Manager Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2015, 00:27 »
view or download this spreadsheet

U da real MVP. Thanks.

And since it seems to be past the deadline, VeloHuman Pro Cycling is announcing its official 2015 roster:

FROOME Chris
ARREDONDO MORENO Julian David
CAVENDISH Mark
BARGUIL Warren
TALANSKY Andrew
PORTE Richie
VILLELLA Davide
GESINK Robert
STANNARD Ian
JUNGELS Bob
SILIN Egor
TEUNS Dylan
STUYVEN Jasper
BLYTHE Adam
VAN DER LIJKE Nick
ENGER Sondre Holst
ELISSONDE Kenny
MARKUS Barry
KÜNG Stefan
ATAPUMA HURTADO Jhon Darwin
HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian
EWAN Caleb
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
MOSER Moreno
LATOUR Pierre-Roger
GOSS Matthew
PIBERNIK Luka
MOHORIC Matej
FLAKEMORE Campbell
GRETSCH Patrick
CHEVRIER Clément
MCLAY Daniel
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
  • ReplyReply
  • VeloHuman.com
    Previews and Analysis of Every WorldTour Race
    @VeloHuman on Twitter

ansimi

• Domestique
    • Liked: 238
    « Reply #91 on: January 06, 2015, 00:37 »
    My team:

RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquim
    CAVENDISH Mark
    BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
    VIVIANI Elia
    DENNIS Rohan
    BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
    PORTE Richie
    HOFLAND Moreno
    GESINK Robert
    CONTI Valerio
    STANNARD Ian
    BRAJKOVIC Janez
    TEUNS Dylan
    QUINTANA ROJAS Dayer Uberney
    POLANC Jan
    CRADDOCK Lawson
    BASSO Ivan
    KÜNG Stefan
    HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian
    EWAN Caleb
    MOSER Moreno
    BROECKX Stig
    LATOUR Pierre-Roger
    WOODS Michael
    ORAM James
    RATTO Daniele
    DE GENDT Thomas
    FLAKEMORE Campbell
    CHEVRIER Clément
    KOSHEVOY Ilia
    DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd

I have a little sub-team of 3 young Lampre riders. Costa can't do it all for that team so I'm hoping my group of 3 will step up and get a bunch of points amongst them.

In the same spirit, I also have a bunch of Sky riders. If one doesn't do well then maybe the next one will. I didn't go for Froome though. My brain still has problems processing his existence as a contender.

Also doubling down on a bunch of riders who didn't pay off for me last year.

And had space for several riders I just like. It didn't seem like there were a lot of must-haves this time so it was easier to get a team of riders I'd mostly be cheering for anyway like Broeckx, Woods, and Ratto.

It's going to be odd to have a reason to cheer for Cav though. I anticipate being very frustrated when he doesn't bother sprinting for anything less than the win.

Good luck everybody!
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 626
    • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
    « Reply #92 on: January 06, 2015, 05:04 »
    Alright guys... here's the spreadsheet of all the teams: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhznfu7p9bi167i/CQ%202015%20152%20teams.xls?dl=0

It's pretty rudimentary thus far; I've deleted all the teams from last year not coming back on the rankings page and I've deleted their tabs, but I haven't fixed the weekly update etc tabs yet (ie. they will still have some names from last year and no new participants yet). I also have to do some shuffling around of tabs if I want to be neat and tidy and alphabetical, and I haven't done any popularity data. But the important stuff is there for right now, ie. all 152 (unofficial) teams. If for some reason I've missed you or your PM has gotten lost in the ether, alert me and I'll track it down - I've tried to be meticulous, but have processed over 100 teams in the last 36 hours so you never know what might slip through the cracks of fatigue.

In related news - 152 teams! Beating last year's 'biggest participation ever' by 2 teams! Right on. My quick and dirty count shows 40 new teams, so welcome folks.

Also, I would love a bit of help. If someone (or a few people) want to volunteer to do the grunt work of copy/pasting all the riders and who picked them onto the popularity tab, that would be great. And if someone wants to take that info and make a rider popularity summary like there was last year, that would be great too. I didn't have anything to do with that last year - mc_mountain was a huge help in that, so maybe if anyone is interested in putting that data together you can identify yourselves on this thread and then talk to each other and mc by PM or something, and can share updated work through dropbox or some other service like it. I'm going to bed right away and am in transit tomorrow, so if it's up to me alone, it probably won't happen for awhile. I'm sure there's enough skill on this forum to sort it out. Note: I also posted this identical message to cn forum, so if anyone's keen, maybe check there too to make sure nobody is doing redundant work.

Thanks everyone who participated. This big reveal is in some ways the most fun part of the game. On that front, here's my team. I'm sure I'll pick it apart in great detail in the near future.

SAGAN Peter
    RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquim
    CAVENDISH Mark
    DENNIS Rohan
    BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
    PORTE Richie
    GESINK Robert
    STANNARD Ian
    YATES Simon
    KONRAD Patrick
    BRAJKOVIC Janez
    HIVERT Jonathan
    STUYVEN Jasper
    ENGER Sondre Holst
    VERVAEKE Louis
    EWAN Caleb
    MOSER Moreno
    LEDANOIS Kevin
    LATOUR Pierre-Roger
    GOSS Matthew
    GAUDIN Damien
    FOLIFOROV Alexander
    SCHUMACHER Stefan
    MOHORIC Matej
    DE GENDT Thomas
    CHEVRIER Clément
    MCLAY Daniel
    KUMP Marko
    FILOSI Iuri
    DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
    ZORDAN Andrea
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4796
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #93 on: January 06, 2015, 11:05 »
    Thanks skids for the work.

Well just looking through the teams posted here and on CN, I think the person I so far share the most riders with is Geraint Too Fast. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Unique Picks (according to NairoQ):

#ccc Bole
     #wanty M. Kreder
     #tabriz Kolahdouz
     #wallonie Evrard  :D
     #novonordisk Megias
     #inteja Cruz

I've also got high hopes for Barbero (could have a Colbrelli-esque season?), Naesen (a TVA season is probably asking too much, but a MVS one would be more than enough), Ruffoni, Cano, Diaz (should have a better set of races with Funvic, maybe even one or more of the US .HC races) and Gaspar (who the hell was the other person who picked him  :angry :P I wanted him to be a unique pick  :().
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9004
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #94 on: January 06, 2015, 11:14 »
    I didn't really expect to have a unique pick, but apparently Wegmann is, which is quite a surprise for me.

Others who come close are Durasek (2) and Ulissi, Mancebo, Earle (3) and Westra (4)
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3242
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #95 on: January 06, 2015, 11:19 »
    My exciting Portugeezer is a unique picks (well done Joelsim for not stealing my idea  ;) )

Federico Figueiredo :win

Also Delio Fernandez (Spanish, but riding in Portugal) and Kevin Van Melsen #wanty. I'm starting to wonder if I was thinking of someone else when I chose him.

Only one other team chose Bling and only one other chose Sebastien Lander. 2 others for Hugh Carthy. Alejandro Marque (4 picks) is my only zero pointer after being unemployed (but not suspended) last season.

Oh go on then, I'll post my whole team.

In order of popularity, because that's how my Excel has them sorted at the moment.

EWAN Caleb
    PORTE Richie
    CAVENDISH Mark
    GESINK Robert
    DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
    YATES Simon
    DE GENDT Thomas
    STANNARD Ian
    BRAJKOVIC Janez
    KÜNG Stefan
    FLAKEMORE Campbell
    QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
    KOSHEVOY Ilia
    HOFLAND Moreno
    VISCONTI Giovanni
    MCLAY Daniel
    QUAADE Rasmus Christian
    HANSEN Lasse Norman
    FAVILLI Elia
    BAKELANTS Jan
    BAUHAUS Phil
    DE CLERCQ Bart
    HNIK Karel
    MARQUE PORTO Alejandro Manuel
    CARTHY Hugh
    MATTHEWS Michael
    TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
    MESTRE Ricardo Jorge Correia
    LANDER Sebastian
    FERNANDEZ CRUZ Delio
    FIGUEIREDO Frederico Jose Oliveira
    VAN MELSEN Kevin
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3812
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #96 on: January 06, 2015, 11:55 »
    Alberto 2 picks :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry grrrr Martinaagaard grr

My only unique pick Louis Verhelst.. uhmm he did have some decent results last year :P

CJJ also 2 picks

will post team and clarification later.. must get stuff done now
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1269
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #97 on: January 06, 2015, 13:14 »
    Only one unique pick - Boris Vallee.

Good or bad?
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #98 on: January 06, 2015, 13:29 »
    My exciting Portugeezer is a unique picks (well done Joelsim for not stealing my idea  ;) )

Federico Figueiredo :win

Also Delio Fernandez (Spanish, but riding in Portugal) and Kevin Van Melsen #wanty. I'm starting to wonder if I was thinking of someone else when I chose him.

Only one other team chose Bling and only one other chose Sebastien Lander. 2 others for Hugh Carthy. Alejandro Marque (4 picks) is my only zero pointer after being unemployed (but not suspended) last season.

Oh go on then, I'll post my whole team.

In order of popularity, because that's how my Excel has them sorted at the moment.

EWAN Caleb
    PORTE Richie
    CAVENDISH Mark
    GESINK Robert
    DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
    YATES Simon
    DE GENDT Thomas
    STANNARD Ian
    BRAJKOVIC Janez
    KÜNG Stefan
    FLAKEMORE Campbell
    QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
    KOSHEVOY Ilia
    HOFLAND Moreno
    VISCONTI Giovanni
    MCLAY Daniel
    QUAADE Rasmus Christian
    HANSEN Lasse Norman
    FAVILLI Elia
    BAKELANTS Jan
    BAUHAUS Phil
    DE CLERCQ Bart
    HNIK Karel
    MARQUE PORTO Alejandro Manuel
    CARTHY Hugh
    MATTHEWS Michael
    TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
    MESTRE Ricardo Jorge Correia
    LANDER Sebastian
    FERNANDEZ CRUZ Delio
    FIGUEIREDO Frederico Jose Oliveira
    VAN MELSEN Kevin

If he'd been any good I would have stolen your idea  :cool

But seriously, my word is...

• ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #99 on: January 06, 2015, 15:17 »
    froome19 has Le Gac in twice

• ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 626
    • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
    « Reply #100 on: January 06, 2015, 16:25 »
    Hey guys, I've had a few messages that necessitated a few changes - a couple of folks pointed out that their own teams had duplicate riders that both of us failed to notice (including froome19, but good spotting Joelsim), and I found one team that had disappeared into the ether (had record of the PM forwarded to my email but I must have accidentally erased it before processing). Anyway, I've edited the popularity tab to reflect this, so this file should be the official file for the start of the season, now with 153 teams: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d660e5ef51dqsk5/CQ%202015%20final.xls?dl=0

The only changes that might happen is if I or someone else discover other duplicate riders or maybe a rider that was on my provisionally suspended list that I didn't notice before. Otherwise, game on!
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #101 on: January 06, 2015, 16:41 »
    Hey guys, I've had a few messages that necessitated a few changes - a couple of folks pointed out that their own teams had duplicate riders that both of us failed to notice (including froome19, but good spotting Joelsim), and I found one team that had disappeared into the ether (had record of the PM forwarded to my email but I must have accidentally erased it before processing). Anyway, I've edited the popularity tab to reflect this, so this file should be the official file for the start of the season, now with 153 teams: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d660e5ef51dqsk5/CQ%202015%20final.xls?dl=0

The only changes that might happen is if I or someone else discover other duplicate riders or maybe a rider that was on my provisionally suspended list that I didn't notice before. Otherwise, game on!

A couple of folks have Contador in, surely that must be a mistake?
  • ReplyReply

• mc_mountain

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 921
    « Reply #102 on: January 06, 2015, 16:42 »
    Ranking by Popularity

top 10

1   the_sceptic   2033
    2   The Hitch   2024
    3   Kazistuta   2016
    4   Lortnoc   2002
    5   jeroenk   1990
    6   Cykeltyven   1988
    7   Wallenquist   1985
    8   Froome19   1948
    9   18-Valve. (pithy)   1944
    9   skidmark   1944

Spoiler (hover to show)
  • ReplyReply
  • Youth CQ Game originator.

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #103 on: January 06, 2015, 17:13 »
    105   LaFlorecita   1353

:o
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Liked: 382
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    « Reply #104 on: January 06, 2015, 17:45 »
    Terrible?
    FROOME Chris
    GOSS Matthew
    VILLELLA Davide
    MULLEN Ryan
    HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian
    CAVENDISH Mark
    EWAN Caleb
    BRAMMEIER Matthew
    KOCJAN Jure
    POLJANSKI Pawel
    SCHUMACHER Stefan
    VERVAEKE Louis
    MOSER Moreno
    HOOGERLAND Johnny
    HOWES Alex
    BRAMBILLA Gianluca
    PELUCCHI Matteo
    TEUNS Dylan
    DEVENYNS Dries
    DEVOLDER Stijn
    TEN DAM Laurens
    GESINK Robert
    DEIGNAN Philip
    TALANSKY Andrew
    DE GENDT Thomas
    SELLA Emanuele
    ROCHE Nicolas
    CHRISTIE Marcus
    ROLLIN Dominique
    FUGLSANG Jakob
    PORTE Richie
    ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor
  • ReplyReply
  • "Cycling is like boxing: It's not a game. It's a hard, pitiless sport that demands very great sacrifices.One plays football, tennis, hockey, but one does not play at cycling."
    - Jean de Gribaldy

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4796
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #105 on: January 06, 2015, 18:15 »
    I'm shocked at the omission of Dan Martin in that team.  :o

....but pleased with my own lack of popularity down in 150th.  :P
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    « Reply #106 on: January 06, 2015, 18:43 »
    Thought Dan was too expensive.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #107 on: January 06, 2015, 18:47 »
    This is my team. As I posted earlier, this is mainly a fangirl team :) I've indicated my fangirl faves with "fave"

CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto - 2543 points, 2 picks (fave)
    Yes, yes, I know he won't be a great pick, BUT: in previous years I had 5-6-7 riders around 300 points, and they rarely had a good year. So instead of going for the same strategy again, I decided to go for one expensive rider. I'm confident he will score at least 2300 points (in 2011 he scored 2373 and he finished 5th at the Tour and Volta was his only WT 1 week stage race). If everything goes right he might break the CQ record :o

STYBAR Zdenek - 646 points, 22 picks (fave)
    I picked him last year, and he's basically the same cost now. I expect him to score big points at the cobbled classics (particularly P-R), Eneco Tour and the Worlds RR. I think 1000 points is a fair goal.

VALGREN Michael - 563 points, 9 picks (fave)
    He will probably suffer from Sagan's presence, but who knows, he's talented enough to score loads and loads of points. I'd be happy with 750 points.

PORTE Richie - 415 points, 124 picks
    Don't really like him, but he's a must IMO. Could easily score 1500+.

JUUL JENSEN Christopher - 331 points, 2 picks (fave)
    Not sure what to expect. He really impressed me last year, but mostly as a domestique. I'm afraid that'll be the case again, but who knows. I am hoping for 450-500 points.

GESINK Robert - 274 points, 115 picks
    Not a huge fan, but he's another must. Even from 2011 to 2013, when he wasn't super impressive, he still scored ~800 points.

SENECHAL Florian - 263 points, 20 picks
    I wanted to pick him last year, but didn't. I'm looking forward to following this guy throughout the season. Hoping for 400 points.

STANNARD Ian - 250 points, 72 picks (fave)
    Was in my team 2 years ago, and was one of the first to get onto my longlist last season. He was injured for most of the season but won Omloop. I expect at least 400 points.

JANSE VAN RENSBURG Reinardt - 200 points, 7 picks (fave)
    Back to MTN. Of course there are loads of sprinters at MTN too, but none of them are as good as Kittel, Degenkolb and Mezgec. Even Arndt seemed to be higher up in the sprinting hierarchy at Giant. I am hoping for 400 points.

GATTO Oscar - 175 points, 20 picks (fave)
    Not sure Androni will get many invites to Gatto's races, but he should do better regardless. 300 points.

HIVERT Jonathan - 169 points, 40 picks
    Failed at Belkin and is now back in France. In 2012 and 2013 he scored ~500 points on a French ProConti team, so that's what I'm aiming for this year.

BLYTHE Adam - 153 points, 16 picks
    He was on my team in 2012 and he more than doubled his score that year. He is even cheaper now than he was back then, and I think Orica is a good team for him. Hoping for 400 points.

CRADDOCK Lawson - 134 points, 16 picks (fave)
    Was on my team last year but did not even break even. He did do really well at the Tour of Cali though. If he can perform like that in more races this year, he should score at least 300 points.

ENGER Sondre Holst   - 118 points, 29 picks
    Late addition to my team. Didn't realize he was so cheap, thought he would be in Cort territory. Hoping for 300 points.

RUFFONI Nicola
    - 117 points, 20 picks
    Really wanted a Bardiani sprinter this year, and it became Ruffoni. Don't think he'll be great, but you never know. Every point above 250 will be a pleasant surprise.

ELISSONDE Kenny - 115 points, 37 picks (fave)
    Little Kenny, oh so cheap :shy How could I not include him when he scored over 300 points in 2013? Hoping for the same or better this year.

KÜNG Stefan - 103 points, 30 picks
    Quite a good TTer. New Cancellara? We'll see. Would be happy with 250 points.

ATAPUMA HURTADO Jhon Darwin - 102 points, 69 picks (fave)
    Was in my team last year (he was one of those 300+ points fails :P). Hope he gets more opportunities to ride for himself this year. Hoping for 300 points.

PAOLINI Luca - 95 points, 16 picks (fave)
    This honestly surprises me. 16 picks? Yes, he'll be 38 in a couple days, yes, he'll slave for Kristoff most of the time. But he could just as well get into a break and win a big race, or place well. Look at his cost, and his CQ points history, and tell me it is not worth the risk :P Hoping for 250 points.

EWAN Caleb - 95 points, 130 picks (fave)
    I picked him last year, and he's even cheaper this year. Off to a good start already, now let's see if he can perform against the big guys. I expect at least 300 points.

HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis - 92 points, 132 picks
    Must pick. Could score 1000+ points easily.

MOSER Moreno - 87 points, 116 picks (fave)
    Picked him last year and he disappointed me, I'm giving him another chance :P I expect 300 points at least.

VERHELST Louis - 81 points, 1 pick
    Not sure what happened here, did not expect him to be a unique pick :P He finished top 10 in a couple Belgian sprinter races last season, I hope he can consistently finish top 10 and score 200 points or so.

LASCA Francesco - 79 points, 11 picks
    Another Italian sprinter, this one's on a Spanish team. He scored 288 in 2013, so he should be able to improve on last year's score. I'm hoping for 200 points.

POLJANSKI Pawel - 75 points, 6 picks (fave)
    Really impressed me last year, he showed he's a pretty good climber. Hopefully he can finish high on the GC in some stage races and score me 200 points or more.

GAUDIN Damien
    - 66 points, 29 picks
    Don't know what to expect, but honestly, worse than last year is pretty much impossible. Hoping for 200 points.

RATTO Daniele - 55 points, 23 picks
    It seems all my Italians are sprinter types this year :P He had a bad year last year, signed with UHC, so hopefully that'll give him some new motivation. I expect at least 150 points but am hoping for 300 or more.

MOHORIC Matej   - 55 points, 59 picks (fave)
    Don't expect him to do extremely well this year, but he's talented enough. Hoping for 200 points.

KUMP Marko - 28 points, 34 picks
    Back to Adria. Last season with them he scored almost 400 points. With some WT experience, I am hoping for him to break the 400 point barrier.

DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd - 10 points, 114 picks (fave)
    Very cheap. I think Garmin will be a good team for him. I hope he can score 200 points or more.

STORTONI Simone - 8 points, 14 picks
    Surprised he got picked only 14 times. He's very cheap and is back on an Italian team. I expect 100 points at least.

ROLLIN Dominique - 0 points, 14 picks
    Didn't race at all last year, so anything he gets is profit. I expect 50-150 points.

BOUHANNI Rayane - 0 points, 4 picks
    A bit of a gamble, he might score 2 points but could also score 50-60 points.

Some riders I left out:
    Fattycur & Fat Cav --> too fat, (:P) and I preferred Stybar and Valgren in their price range
    Schumacher --> He was on my team originally, but didn't feel anything for him, and I don't like that, so switched him and Flakemore (wasn't confident about him at all) for Enger and Rollin
    Sagan, Quintana, Froome, Purito --> didn't fit:P
  • ReplyReply

• BadbrainAJ

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 34
    « Reply #108 on: January 06, 2015, 18:54 »
    Have been working epic shifts in the lab for weeks now.Forgot my CQ team,if i get one in by 6am 7th Jan,can i still play ?
    Regards
    AJ
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #109 on: January 06, 2015, 18:56 »
    Have been working epic shifts in the lab for weeks now.Forgot my CQ team,if i get one in by 6am 7th Jan,can i still play ?
    Regards
    AJ

would be okay by me but not if you have all most popular picks ofc ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #110 on: January 06, 2015, 19:01 »
    My rationale.

Anyone over 1000, what's the point, although it's possible Froome could double 2014 score. Purito on the way down, others no room to improve.

CAVENDISH Mark - 1500 points decent probability

BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto - super talent, Giro & Vuelta planned

DILLIER Silvan - I rate him very highly and could really step up

BAKELANTS Jan - new move to a more climber-friendly team

CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban - improvement definitely possible, young talent

BOASSON HAGEN Edvald - new MTN could revitalise him

PORTE Richie - poor season due to illness

CORT NIELSEN Magnus - amazing results after coming into the team

MEINTJES Louis - huge talent and possibly 2 GTs

VILLELLA Davide - huge talent, new team. I'd have preferred Formolo but money doesn't allow

NORDHAUG Lars Petter - back at Sky where he scored well before

GESINK Robert - full season planned

SENECHAL Florian - great talent

STANNARD Ian - back after injury

SEPULVEDA Eduardo - full season including TdF hopefully which he was injured for last year

YATES Simon - full season like his brother hopefully

REZA Kévin - will get his chances on hiller terrain at FDJ

TEUNS Dylan - huge talent

STUYVEN Jasper - did well at the Vuelta and could do classics too

RUFFONI Nicola - expect him to score more as a youngster

VERVAEKE Louis - huge talent

KÜNG Stefan - huge talent and can TT

HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian - came on well last year, more expected in 2015

EWAN Caleb - coming of age

HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis - full season

LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel - Avenir, next Nairo?

GOSS Matthew - couldn't do any worse

DE GENDT Thomas - couldn't do any worse

VALLEE Boris - wants to be a sprinter and has said he will get his chances as lead

MCLAY Daniel - talent

VAN LERBERGHE Bert - seems to be there in the top 20 always

MANZIN Lorenzo - FDJ's new Bouhanni?

DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd - couldn't do any worse

• ReplyReply

• BadbrainAJ

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 34
    « Reply #111 on: January 06, 2015, 19:09 »
    Have not read the thread at all.Just going to throw 25 riders together,and call them Team Hopeless v2
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #112 on: January 06, 2015, 19:16 »
    Have not read the thread at all.Just going to throw 25 riders together,and call them Team Hopeless v2

sounds like a plan :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10733
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #113 on: January 06, 2015, 19:35 »
    29th about same as last year

will give my team its run down tomorrow
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Wallenquist

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 58
      • Under19Zone
    « Reply #114 on: January 06, 2015, 19:53 »
    7th in popularity rank, no surprise at all. The interesting thing is that rider with the highest cost in my team (Arredondo) is also one of the most unique. Also, I'm very surprised that not many teams has Teunissen in. He's matured enough to get some decent results in 2015.
  • ReplyReply
  • My little blog about juniors cycling

Under19Zone

LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    « Reply #115 on: January 06, 2015, 20:30 »
    105   LaFlorecita   1353

:o
    109   LaVelocipede   1330
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #116 on: January 06, 2015, 20:32 »
    109   LaVelocipede   1330
    I'm shocked at the omission of Dan Martin in that team.  :o

....but pleased with my own lack of popularity down in 150th.  :P

We're quite an unpopular bunch :P
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #117 on: January 06, 2015, 20:33 »
    We're quite an unpopular bunch :P

Hugely!  :shh
  • ReplyReply

• ansimi

• Domestique
    « Reply #118 on: January 06, 2015, 20:33 »
    I'm a bit surprised to even have a unique pick since I didn't look very deep this year.

I'm even more surprised that my unique pick is Michael Woods though :o I may now enter full fan-girl mode for him.

He was brought late to the sport by running injuries so I think he still has room for a lot of improvement. He switched teams mid-season last year and now is upgrading again to the Optum team which should give him a year of good racing.

Last year he got a lot of attention with his strong performance in the Quebec races.

He wrote a great blog entry after riding in the break in Quebec:

http://rustywoods.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/gp-quebec/

And only one other person picked James Oram. I think he's a main leader at Axeon this year. ATOC was a big goal for him last year and he gritted it to the finish of the Mt Diablo stage with a broken elbow so the kid's tough and I like tough.
  • ReplyReply

• ansimi

• Domestique
    « Reply #119 on: January 06, 2015, 20:51 »
    This is my team. As I posted earlier, this is mainly a fangirl team :) I've indicated my fangirl faves with "fave"

CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto - 2543 points, 2 picks (fave)
    Yes, yes, I know he won't be a great pick, BUT: in previous years I had 5-6-7 riders around 300 points, and they rarely had a good year. So instead of going for the same strategy again, I decided to go for one expensive rider. I'm confident he will score at least 2300 points (in 2011 he scored 2373 and he finished 5th at the Tour and Volta was his only WT 1 week stage race). If everything goes right he might break the CQ record :o

PAOLINI Luca - 95 points, 16 picks (fave)
    This honestly surprises me. 16 picks? Yes, he'll be 38 in a couple days, yes, he'll slave for Kristoff most of the time. But he could just as well get into a break and win a big race, or place well. Look at his cost, and his CQ points history, and tell me it is not worth the risk :P Hoping for 250 points.

I think picking Contador is a legitimate strategy. He won't double but he did break his leg last year so there's got to be room for improvement and he left you a lot of freedom with your other picks.

I didn't realize Paolini was so cheap. That's a good pick. He didn't seem to have any personal ambition last year but he still looked strong. There's always a reasonable chance that Kristoff could crash out of a race (or even the whole Spring :(). Plus he's so likeable.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts