collapse

Poll

Which will be the last PCT team to get a win?

Bardiani
Cult Energy
Nippo - Vini Fantini
Team Colombia
Roompot

Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
  • Liked: 1079
Re: The 2015 Winners and Not So Winners List
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 18:35 »
Dear lord, when will you Brits understand no one outside your isle cares about that stupid SPOTY competition. It's very tedious to read about it in every thread I open, on every website I enter and every time I open twitter. And this, EVERY year, for a few weeks. :S :angry Have mercy :cool

The problem with it is that the BBC take it far to seriously now.

Back in the 80's and 90's it was fantastic. SPOTY was just a very small segment of of a show called "Sports Review of The Year" which was a proper review of the Sporting year with the occasional light hearted moment like Frank Bruno and Jeremy Corbett trying to recreate Jeremy Guscotts drop goal against South Africa in 1997. All the voting was done on blank postcards or a coupon cut out of the Radio Times and was done before the show took place. As it was an open vote you'd get "lesser" sports basically stuffing the ballot boxes which led to things like angler Bob Nudd getting the most votes in 1991 but the BBC disqualifying him because they said all of his votes had come from a campaign run by the Angling Times
  • ReplyReply

•