collapse

Poll

Which will be the last PCT team to get a win?

Bardiani
Cult Energy
Nippo - Vini Fantini
Team Colombia
Roompot

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8141
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
.....and down to the final two WT teams without a win. FDJ vs Jumbo!

Good chance today for Pinot at CI or maybe Hofland can repeat at the Limburg Classic next Saturday?
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4512
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    My vote for my Dutch friends at Lotto-Jumbo looking good
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 13158
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Circuit Cycliste Sarthe - Stage 2a: #fdj ROUX Anthony

...so we have a winner: #jumbo :win
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Poll changed to PCT teams. Can an admin unlock the voting please.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Down to five teams left with Caja and UHC picking up wins recently.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    can we add Jumbo to the poll again though? :P
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7563
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Down to five teams left with Caja and UHC picking up wins recently.
    #bardiani Bardiani will win a Giro stage.
    #fantini Nippo-Fantini may win a Giro stage or, in default of that, one in Japan.
    #roompot The Oranjes would win something in May if they rode the Olympia's Tour ... but they're not.
    #cult CULT should be able to snatch a win in the Norwegian races; if they don't, it's looking bleak.
    #colombia Colombia ... when is the Vuelta a Colombia on this year? August? That's when they'll win a race. Maybe.

Voted for #roompot Roompot.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1784
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    #cult CULT should be able to snatch a win in the Norwegian races; if they don't, it's looking bleak.

Quaade might win a ITT for them
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    WT done and dusted with Hofland's victory today.
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 861
    Long time coming for the custard crew
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner

Colombia vs Roompot for the wooden spoon.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7563
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Colombia vs Roompot for the wooden spoon.

If only Marc de Maar were still registered in *cw Curaçao. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    ...... and we have a winner/loser!!! Team Colombia :fanfare

Roompot broke their duck in style with two victories in one day. I think Lammertink's victory was first so he gets the glory.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Re: The 2015 Winners and Not So Winners List
    « Reply #43 on: October 01, 2015, 10:43 »
    Seven races left (I think) for Colombia in the season to get that elusive victory. Can they do it?

Do they have any excuse or are they just that bad? Torres and Martinez seem to be the only ones coming out of the season with any credit, the less said about the rest the better.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    « Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 11:00 »
    Quintero did alright as well I think, joined a lot of moves, and also the ones staying clear sometimes. Not being good enough to take a win from it is a bit unfortunate, but hardly his fault. He did what he could I think.

Post Merge: October 01, 2015, 11:05
    well, and on paper Duarte should be able to fight for the win in Milano-Torino, Lombardia and Giro dell'Emilia. Will it happen though? Probably not.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1630
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #45 on: December 01, 2015, 03:38 »
    O.M.F.G. Froome nominated for personality of the year. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-armitstead-nominated-for-bbc-sports-personality-of-the-year

Sure, and he has the personality of my shoe just after I've stepped in sh*t. OMG, it stinks. Oh, but hey! If thats what they want, let them have it. It stinks to me.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 984
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 07:35 »
    Personality also refers to a person of eminence, which, hazarding a guess, is what they're going for. Otherwise, Brian Close has this sewn up for the next decade, and he died earlier this year.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1599
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #47 on: December 01, 2015, 10:04 »
    O.M.F.G. Froome nominated for personality of the year. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-armitstead-nominated-for-bbc-sports-personality-of-the-year

Sure, and he has the personality of my shoe just after I've stepped in sh*t. OMG, it stinks. Oh, but hey! If thats what they want, let them have it. It stinks to me.

Heh, as one of the 'they' mentioned I felt I ought to comment  :P ... SPOTY is a law unto itself; I mean how how in the hell to chose between different sports in the first place  It's that weird thing where a panel of 'experts' draw the long list and then the great British Public get their say. So yes the candidates are there for 'sporting prowess and the GBP usually vote with their heart.  We love a good tryer, we love a bit of success, we like a personality... So I guess that like the last time Chris F was nominated (and it's right that he was), he probably won't win.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 19:49 »
    I should have put a :fp  :lol in my post to let you guys know I was making a statement but with a little exaggeration for humor. 

We love a good tryer, we love a bit of success, we like a personality...

I suppose I will have to grudgingly cede those points. I'll put on my best curmudgeonly act for that conversation. :)
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #49 on: December 01, 2015, 20:14 »
    I suppose I will have to grudgingly cede those points. I'll put on my best curmudgeonly act for that conversation. :)

:lol I guess I should make it clear I don't think he'll win it this year. .. you were absolutely spot on - he doesn't gel with enough people, not in the same way as say Brad or Cav or Chris Hoy... and I'll admit right now he wouldn't get my vote. Lizzie though... a very diff matter  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 01:22 »
      :lol I guess I should make it clear I don't think he'll win it this year. .. you were absolutely spot on - he doesn't gel with enough people, not in the same way as say Brad or Cav or Chris Hoy... and I'll admit right now he wouldn't get my vote. Lizzie though... a very diff matter  :cool

Lizzie? Heck yeah! I'd vote for her too!

And isn't it odd that we can find a positive comparison with Brad Wiggins! Brad is certainly lacking in public speaking talent, but otherwise seems to be a straight-up kind of guy (honest, a tryer, and sometimes a winner). I like him.
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 810
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 08:57 »
    Sorry to go against the sport I enjoy so much.

But I would say that if the BBC SPOTY isn't rigged or influenced by block voting then Kevin Sinfield should win.

I don't see Froome ever winning it and Armistead will struggle to get enough votes outside of an Olympic year.

• ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 09:29 »
    Sorry to go against the sport I enjoy so much.

But I would say that if the BBC SPOTY isn't rigged or influenced by block voting then Kevin Sinfield should win.

I don't see Froome ever winning it and Armistead will struggle to get enough votes outside of an Olympic year.

SPOTY is never to be taken seriously and best treated as such. I agree, Froome will never win it... it's what I was trying to say. Lizzie won't either - in or out of an Olympic year... there will always be some golfer or other.

OH just noticed your tag line... St Ives in Cornwall?? I grew up in Redruth
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4512
    • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 09:38 »
    Dear lord, when will you Brits understand no one outside your isle cares about that stupid SPOTY competition. It's very tedious to read about it in every thread I open, on every website I enter and every time I open twitter. And this, EVERY year, for a few weeks. :S :angry Have mercy :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 810
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 09:48 »
    OH just noticed your tag line... St Ives in Cornwall?? I grew up in Redruth

St Ives in Cambs for me :)

Did live in Dorset though so I am West Country hardened  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1078
    « Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 18:35 »
    Dear lord, when will you Brits understand no one outside your isle cares about that stupid SPOTY competition. It's very tedious to read about it in every thread I open, on every website I enter and every time I open twitter. And this, EVERY year, for a few weeks. :S :angry Have mercy :cool

The problem with it is that the BBC take it far to seriously now.

Back in the 80's and 90's it was fantastic. SPOTY was just a very small segment of of a show called "Sports Review of The Year" which was a proper review of the Sporting year with the occasional light hearted moment like Frank Bruno and Jeremy Corbett trying to recreate Jeremy Guscotts drop goal against South Africa in 1997. All the voting was done on blank postcards or a coupon cut out of the Radio Times and was done before the show took place. As it was an open vote you'd get "lesser" sports basically stuffing the ballot boxes which led to things like angler Bob Nudd getting the most votes in 1991 but the BBC disqualifying him because they said all of his votes had come from a campaign run by the Angling Times
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2019, 19:09]

Re: Race news 2020 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2019, 18:20]

Re: Team Sponsorship 19/20 by search
    [December 12, 2019, 10:04]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [December 12, 2019, 08:10]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by al_pacino
    [December 11, 2019, 22:01]

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by search
    [December 11, 2019, 17:46]