collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10232
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

doolols

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 33
Re: Bruyneel
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 22:29 »
I can't find any references to this story being taken up by the mainstream media, although there's lots of gossip in The Clinic. None of it substantiated, although there are apparent quotes from Bruyneel.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 475
    « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 23:09 »
    Laura Weislo ‏ @Laura_Weislo
    Reporter to Bruyneel: is it true you were served a subpoena? JB eyeing suspiciously race badge: who the ** are you?

i half heartedly tried to provoke him last night but he was silent. lol
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 01:22 »
    I had posted this in General News -Road and also in Armstrong Doping I think...
    admin or someone may want to clean or move as there are now 3 postings of this . thnx.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3349
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 01:31 »
    Personally I think there was more than one case going on, theres no way the feds would have been stupid to put everything in one basket, Lance doping, money laundering is seperate from the US Postal and Fraud, Johann bringing drugs into the US is another matter, etc, etc.

theres no way that after the way the main case was suspiciously dropped that they dont have other things going on.

Its just  wee reminder from the Feds and USADA that they havnt given up yet.

On a side note, are the feds able to act on USADA's behalf at their request?
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:31 »
    I can't find any references to this story being taken up by the mainstream media, although there's lots of gossip in The Clinic. None of it substantiated, although there are apparent quotes from Bruyneel.

Yea, because there are 3 people outside of the cycling community who even remember who he is in the US, so the lack of mainstream attention has to do with not knowing who the douchebag who sucked Indurain's wheel to a TdF victory, and who rode famous guy's coattails to victories is anymore.

Reality.
  • ReplyReply
  • "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." ~ Thoreau

doolols

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:40 »
    This ties in nicely with LA's comments in the Mens Journal recently, when he seems to imply he's given up fighting. In reality, he probably knows the net is tightening, and has resigned himself to the fact he's going to lose victories.

One thing that occurred to me last night is that the subpoena may not be anything to do with LA, but may be to do with a different case? Most likely going to be LA and USPS, though.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 14:18 »
    I have a theory

the Feds and USADA got together and said we want the money men as well as doping busts how do we do this.

We get big fish to admit to doping and put pressure on Lance

Landis and Hamilton - throw themselves under a bus but survive with luck to come out the other side

George and Levi - you can keep riding and then leave and fade away

right Lance this is what we know and this is the process

federal prison or you give us the money men

Lance holds out then they come in heavy with the financial lose etc etc -

Lance says ok whats the deal

no prison time  but USADA will make a case you will lose etc etc

He is like ok

JB and money men are now under the spot light with Lance providing information, there is a chance that JB is also getting a deal but his career will be done but .....

?
  • ReplyReply

• doolols

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 19:25 »
    It's a good theory, and matches what little we know about what's going on.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 20:17 »
    I have a theory

the Feds and USADA got together and said we want the money men as well as doping busts how do we do this.

We get big fish to admit to doping and put pressure on Lance

Landis and Hamilton - throw themselves under a bus but survive with luck to come out the other side

George and Levi - you can keep riding and then leave and fade away

right Lance this is what we know and this is the process

federal prison or you give us the money men

Lance holds out then they come in heavy with the financial lose etc etc -

Lance says ok whats the deal

no prison time  but USADA will make a case you will lose etc etc

He is like ok

JB and money men are now under the spot light with Lance providing information, there is a chance that JB is also getting a deal but his career will be done but .....

?

to aid to this there will be huge civil suits again Armstrong from sponsors 
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 20:20 »
    I was going to guess that Johan was brought here to dish some real dirt on Lance...in return for some favors.  Throw Lance under the bus.

Johan had to know he was going to be served, needed to deal with this and get it fixed so he could still travel to the U. S. in the future...exchange of info...
    He would not have come of his own will unless there was some resolution for him.

I think it must be pretty complex though.  :-\
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 214
    « Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 20:49 »
    to aid to this there will be huge civil suits again Armstrong from sponsors

we yet may see Armstrong riding Gran fondos to make ends meet  ::)
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 475
    « Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 23:58 »

That'd be the time to sing  positively fourth street by dylan.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 20:34 »
    Race Radio saying he is not the source by the way
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 17:02 »
    so it appears JB left the US

wonder what if anything went on
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 19:19 »
    so it appears JB left the US

wonder what if anything went on

less than we can imagine and more than we think....... ;D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 11:14 »

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12116/Belgian-cycling-federation-president-says-theres-no-investigation-into-Johan-Bruyneel-for-now.aspx

USADA’s communication, which was sent to Bruyneel via the RadioShack Nissan team address in Luxembourg, laid out specific charges against the Belgian. It said that he was being charged with:

(1) Possession of prohibited substances and/or methods including EPO, blood transfusions and related equipment (such as needles, blood bags, storage containers and other transfiision equipment and blood parameters measuring devices), testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents, as described
    in more detail above.

(2) Trafficking of EPO, blood transfilsions, testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids and masking agents as described in more detail above.

(3) Administration and/or attempted administration of EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents as described in more detail above.

(4) Assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and other complicit); involving one or more anti-doping rule violations and/or attempted anti—doping rule violations.

(5) Aggravating circumstances justifying a period of ineligibility greater than the standard sanction.

The letter then listed a range of specific rules which banned the conduct mentioned above.

Explaining its charges, USADA gave details of some of the evidence it had gathered, with witness testimony being cited. It stated:

With respect to Mr. Bruyneel, numerous riders will testify that Mr. Bruyneel gave to them and/or encouraged them to use doping products and/or prohibited methods, including EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, hGH and cortisone during the period from 1999 through 2007. Riders and other witnesses will also testify that Bruyneel worked actively to conceal rule violations by himself and others throughout the period from 1999 through the present.

• ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 05:35 »

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12116/Belgian-cycling-federation-president-says-theres-no-investigation-into-Johan-Bruyneel-for-now.aspx

USADA’s communication, which was sent to Bruyneel via the RadioShack Nissan team address in Luxembourg, laid out specific charges against the Belgian. It said that he was being charged with:

(1) Possession of prohibited substances and/or methods including EPO, blood transfusions and related equipment (such as needles, blood bags, storage containers and other transfiision equipment and blood parameters measuring devices), testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents, as described
    in more detail above.

(2) Trafficking of EPO, blood transfilsions, testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids and masking agents as described in more detail above.

(3) Administration and/or attempted administration of EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents as described in more detail above.

(4) Assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and other complicit); involving one or more anti-doping rule violations and/or attempted anti—doping rule violations.

(5) Aggravating circumstances justifying a period of ineligibility greater than the standard sanction.

The letter then listed a range of specific rules which banned the conduct mentioned above.

Explaining its charges, USADA gave details of some of the evidence it had gathered, with witness testimony being cited. It stated:

With respect to Mr. Bruyneel, numerous riders will testify that Mr. Bruyneel gave to them and/or encouraged them to use doping products and/or prohibited methods, including EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, hGH and cortisone during the period from 1999 through 2007. Riders and other witnesses will also testify that Bruyneel worked actively to conceal rule violations by himself and others throughout the period from 1999 through the present.

If he did do all the mean nasty things, he was doing his job as a team manager for the European sport of professional bicycle racing. I understand these are standard practices in the sport of cycling and european soccer. Also these types of doping are standard practice in high school to the professional ranks of US football and baseball. Lance and Bruyneel and their doctors, they are witches, go get em USADA. Them bikees be witches.
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59 »

WHERE IS MY FRAME PUMP? ;D
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 703
    • Spring is coming... I hope
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 16:14 »
    I emailed Johan through his flashy website... let's see what he says.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 19:44 »
    Bruyneel 1 - On LA's team ownership: "I don't think [the riders] know. It's not important."

http://soundcloud.com/djcoyle/bruyneel-1-on-las-team

Bruyneel 2 - On working with Pepe Marti and "serious professionals."

http://soundcloud.com/djcoyle/bruyneel-2-on-working-with
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 13:42 »
    Belgian Federation forwards Bruyneel charges to federal prosecutor

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/belgian-federation-forwards-bruyneel-charges-to-federal-prosecutor

Fransen told demorgen.be that “We are now carefully studying and awaiting the official report to be deivered to us via the International Cycling Union. If it appears that Johan Bruyneel and/or other Belgian licensees have committed wrongful acts, they can be held accountable” by the federation.

Bruyneel may even be facing a lifetime ban from his homeland federation. "Perhaps he may even be denied the right to remain active in cycling.” Such a ban issued by the Belgian federation would have to be honoured by the UCI and also worldwide, Fransen said.
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2574
    • Social Media Jurist
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 16:13 »
    The google translate is beautiful :tu
     The pressure was too high: After the terrifying account of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has Usada we at Team RadioShack-Nissan-Trek pulled the ripcord and parted with manager Johan Bruyneel.
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 22:49 »
    I reckon Bruyneel is making phonecalls to demand cash for keeping quiet.

He could throw under the bus some biggies,

UCI
    Indurain
    Contador

to name 3.

Bet his Swiss bank account will be recieving a good few lodgements soon.
  • ReplyReply

• killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 916
    « Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 23:39 »

UCI
    Indurain
    Contador

to name 3.

:tu

I guess the name of his Swiss registered company is "Logistics and Performance"  8)
  • ReplyReply
  • Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 00:15 »

UCI
    Indurain
    Contador

to name 3.

I would guess Contador is mighty puckered up right now, how many GTs and races did he win under Bruyneel. If things go wrong I see an 8 year ban looming over Albertos' head. Bang,bang El Pistelero.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 20:26 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/news/usada-will-hear-bruyneels-case-before-end-of-2012-may-call-armstrong-to-testify_263275

BOULDER, Colorado (VN) — The United States Anti-Doping Agency is moving its case forward against Belgian Johan Bruyneel, the former manager of the United States Postal Service and Discovery Channel teams, according to any agency spokesperson.

Bruyneel directed Lance Armstrong to seven Tour de France wins that have since been stripped because Armstrong — and Bruyneel, according to USADA — presided over one of the deepest doping conspiracies that modern professional sports has ever encountered.
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 703
    • Spring is coming... I hope
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44 »
    I am loving the unravelling of JB's career.

He has been so cocky and arrogant. So much so it makes his capture far more wonderous.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.