• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1902
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: Bruyneel
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 21:06 »
He has been so cocky and arrogant...

And continues to be.
@JohanBruyneel
There's always 2 sides to a story. Coming soon!
https://twitter.com/JohanBruyneel/status/262532075993845761
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 05:02 »
    I am loving the unravelling of JB's career.

He has been so cocky and arrogant. So much so it makes his capture far more wonderous.

Jb and Lance have done very,very well for themselves, their sponsors and their riders, excepting those who absolutely despise Armstrong JB.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 11:53 »
    Good piece.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/analysis/analysis-bruyneels-arbitration-proceeding-could-give-usada-the-power-to-subpoena-witnesses-including-armstrong_263566

It leaves out Contador as a possible victim of Bruyneel going forward to Arbitration with the intention of doing more damage to cycling.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 703
    • Spring is coming... I hope
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 10:40 »
    I dont think he will ever break down and give the truth.

I would have some respect for him (and LA for that matter) if they had the balls to 'fess up.
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 12:19 »

I would have some respect for him (and LA for that matter) if they had the balls to 'fess up.

I personally think that Bruyneel is using the time to feather is nest by telling those not named, but could be named should Bruyneel fess to all, that he needs donations to forget what he knows.
  • ReplyReply

• flicker2.0

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 21
    « Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 21:56 »

It will be a cold day in hell when those two sing.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10407
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59 »
    It will be a cold day in hell when those two sing.

The Eagles reformed  ;)

but I agree not likely to happen.
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Kvinto

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 141
    « Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 08:59 »
    http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/11/bruyneel-goes-on-bender-after-receiving-ferrari-news/

Wow, even if only half the story is true it is still perfect material for a comedy movie. Bruyneel is a cool dude while drunk, so many epic quotes at once:

“that asshole Ferrari”
    “Don’t you know who I am? Don’t you recognize Lance Armstrong when you see him?“
    “Cycling belongs to me! “
    “I have over 100,000 followers on Twitter! I’m still important! Lance! Shield me from the police!”
    “I am the rightful king of cycling”

I want demand the film!  :'(

• ReplyReply
  • "Women buy stuff at sales for the same reason men climb mountains - because they're there" (from 'Under the Dome' by Stephen King)

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 14:01 »
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/news/bruyneel-hearing-date-still-not-set-in-usada-case_266054

So he remains jobless and out of cycling until this is resolved. Unlike with the majority of riders whose proceedings are left pending for years on end, I think in this case there's no need to rush. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 933
    « Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 13:22 »
    Any news/articles/tweets from the Master Tactician of Logistics?

edit:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/news/bruyneel-writing-book-on-u-s-postal-service-doping_271823

BRUSSELS (AFP) — Lance Armstrong’s former team director Johan Bruyneel is set to present his version of the doping scandal that
    has enveloped his former U.S. Postal Service team in a book, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported on Friday.

According to the newspaper, Bruyneel wanted “to put everything into the right context and correct the false image that the USADA (U.S. Anti-Doping Agency) report, the media, and people like Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis have given”.

Bruyneel, who was in charge of the U.S. Postal Service and Discovery Channel teams and oversaw Armstrong’s seven Tour de France wins between 1999 and 2005, was reported as saying that he would also continue his fight against the USADA with a hearing set to take place soon.

“I am going to continue as long as I feel I receive a fair trial, without prejudice from USADA,” said Bruyneel, who, alongside Armstrong, was the subject of several doping allegations in the United States.

Can't wait for his book to tell his side of the story. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3285
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 13:43 »
    well, while Lance didnt actually toss him under the bus ... he gave him a pretty good shove as the bus was approaching. 

By confessing now - before JB's hearing - it makes it pretty (well, VERY) hard for JB to now deny deny deny.

going to be interesting to see what he says though
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 13:44 »
    May as well not tell the truth

Or something like that.

I want him to tell us about his own doping past more than some bs half truth sh*t
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 15:53 »
    well, while Lance didnt actually toss him under the bus ... he gave him a pretty good shove as the bus was approaching. 

By confessing now - before JB's hearing - it makes it pretty (well, VERY) hard for JB to now deny deny deny.

going to be interesting to see what he says though

I still doubt Bruyneel will show. He will get his book out for the day of the Arbitration and not show.

Armstrong's admittance does not help Bruyneel, but I feel Bruyneel was beyond any redemption in the sport.

Will be interesting what the Belgian Federation does to him. Will be a small litmus test for cycling.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 11:40 »
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose
    Belgian Cycling Federation reports Johan Bruyneel will not be able to attend his own hearing tomorrow. Reason unknown (via @Sander_Slager)
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    « Reply #48 on: January 28, 2013, 22:44 »
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose
    Belgian Cycling Federation reports Johan Bruyneel will not be able to attend his own hearing tomorrow. Reason unknown (via @Sander_Slager)

No surprise.

He is hardly not going to get a lifetime ban.

But I do wonder what exactly has him skulking in London? Why not Monaco, Mallorca, Tenerife or Switzerland?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36 »
    No surprise.

He is hardly not going to get a lifetime ban.

But I do wonder what exactly has him skulking in London? Why not Monaco, Mallorca, Tenerife or Switzerland?

Tax avoidance while remaining easily connected to Belgium? Maybe he just likes crap weather and dirty streets. Don't know beyond that but it's bound to be murky.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 11:23 »
    http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/130131_vandamme_over_doping?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Ho hum

This article - an interview with Belgian Cycling's Tom Van Damme - is only slightly related to Bruyneel and he can't talk about yon Hog for legal reasons. But Van Damme clearly states he thinks anti-doping is a waste of time unless you catch folks red-handed. Which means he would spring Bruyneel if he could.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3363
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #53 on: June 11, 2013, 21:16 »
    Bruyneel "Im not a demon"

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/06/news/bruyneel-im-not-a-demon_290543

“If Armstrong had not come back, and if I had included Landis in the squad again, all of this would never have happened. I am convinced of that. Without those two facts, we would be talking completely differently,”
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #54 on: June 11, 2013, 21:20 »
    wow just wow
    Makes me think Johan is such a genius

:o_o :brains
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 21:53 »
    Worst part? He's probably right. No way Vaughters, Floyd or anyone would testified should this never happened, just a few that we were against him from the start such as Betsy would. No flipping way this wouldve gotten off without Floyd, its horribly arrogant what Bruyneel said, but probably right in the end.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3285
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 01:24 »
    right - so its all Floyds fault that he (Hrunyeel/Armstrong) got caught.

Nothing about the fact that - oh - they DID it.   Just that they got caught

:fp
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    « Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 03:34 »
    His only regret...
    he got caught.   

Damn Floyd messed up a good thing... :o_o
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5653
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 09:44 »
    I don't want to have to deal with this guy. Ever again.

Using a Sherlock quote, he repels me.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Francois the Postman

• Domestique
    • Liked: 762
    « Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 10:29 »
    There is no end to the amount of pleasure I get from the fact that the only reason that Lance became unstuck was Lance v2. I hope he is reminded about his own stupidity, day after day. I hope Bruyneel is reminded it was Lance that triggered the unravelling, and Bruyneel's refusal to include Floyd sealed it. Day after day, for years to come. People like this are very good at blaming others, and tend to be well shielded against any punishment inflicted from the outside. They only care about their inflated selves. Being stuck with having only yourself to blame, that is justice served cold, for these two.

He's right though, they could have gotten away with it. They totally had. I am kinda glad he is saying it in that language, as it highlights that some people need to be kept away from cycling as far as the laws of gravity allow us, and at the same time how utterly ineffective the gatekeepers were who couldn't locate a stench as pungent and public as this lot created. Pat keeps saying they weren't complicit. Just inexcusably incompetent then. Re-election v2 coming up.

One half of me hopes that Ireland withdraws its nomination and helps us to get rid of these self-serving egos who are starting to believe their own myths. The other half of me wants him to stand again, and  screw up Pat's Comeback v2 the way Lance did. That he stands again indicates to me that Pat might also be writing this sort of book in a few years time. If only I had walked away in 2013, I would have gotten away with it. But my own ego thought I had become invincible.

Here's hoping.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.