collapse

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1396
Re: Bruyneel
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 11:20 »
I think Bruyneel is still speaking with forked tongue:

1. His lawyer advises him not to talk. Fair enough. But if they were half decent lawyers surely they would have filed some sort of objection to the USADA ruling by now if he planned to contest it?
2. All this nonsense about the €1.5m loan to RadioShack Leopard Trek. Again if Radioshack really owed him the money then surely he would have filed some sort of civil suit by now to get the money back? If Brunyeel really loaned money to the Radioshack team without a formal loan agreement, then he is a bigger idiot than his time as doping czar at USPS/Astana. It is probably some back dated wages/expenses that Bruyneel thinks he is owed and Team RadioShack doesn't.

It all smells of using lawyers as a cloak of silence. From my point of view, I treat every word that comes out of Bruyneel's mouth as a probable lie. I think this is fair given the years of lying to the cycling public. Bruyneel is probably still in day-to-day contact with Armstrong and both are sticking to the strategy of saying the absolute minimum until all the lawsuits in the USA are finished. Hopefully these lawsuits hurt both their pockets. 
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 11:07 »

2. All this nonsense about the €1.5m loan to RadioShack Leopard Trek. Again if Radioshack really owed him the money then surely he would have filed some sort of civil suit by now to get the money back? If Brunyeel really loaned money to the Radioshack team without a formal loan agreement, then he is a bigger idiot than his time as doping czar at USPS/Astana. It is probably some back dated wages/expenses that Bruyneel thinks he is owed and Team RadioShack doesn't.

So it looks like Bruyneel did file suit after all and won in Luxembourg.
    Beccas loses court case against Bruyneel

Wonder what is holding back his case against USADA? If it exists...

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10796
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #62 on: August 25, 2013, 07:15 »
    Bit of fluff peice but he is alive

bit of a BMC kick by Benson - CN: We get press releases all the time, and good example came from BMC a few weeks ago, where someone said they were leaving the team but it's clear they were released from their contract by their management. What was the situation with you?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/exclusive-interview-with-johan-bruyneel
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3480
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #63 on: August 25, 2013, 08:27 »
    interesting to read his ideas on the Radioshack-Leopard merger.

Kind of confirms our read of things, but interesting all the same
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #64 on: August 25, 2013, 11:23 »
    Very interesting interview and timing.

Bruyneel seemed to be making three little digs:
    1. The only winner from RadioShack-Leopard merger was Becca. Bruyneel and the Schlecks lost. The Schlecks were wrong to fight him.
    2.  McQuaid has burnt all bridges and fought the wrong battles. McQuaid was wrong to fight him over Race Radio's.
    3. Saint Vaughters was prepared to sign Contador in 2009.

It is all a bit silly really.

Bruyneel can't/won't discuss anything about his years of cheating, but is allowed column inches to try and settle a few old scores.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #65 on: August 25, 2013, 11:28 »
    I thought he was pretty fair, of course he's not going to talk about matters which are still subject to anti-doping proceedings or investigations.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #66 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33 »
    Yep. Fair enough.

And I suppose his quiet reflection on the Radioshack-Leopard merger is newsworthy.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #67 on: August 25, 2013, 11:35 »
    What I mean is I didn't get the impression he was trying to hide from his obvious involvement in systematic doping for more than a decade. No doubt he has his own rationalisation of events which we may hear one day but at least it wasn't "we like our credibility, never tested positive". When it comes I suspect we might even get a more complete admission than HWSNBN.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #68 on: August 25, 2013, 11:39 »
    What I mean is I didn't get the impression he was trying to hide from his obvious involvement in systematic doping for more than a decade. No doubt he has his own rationalisation of events which we may hear one day but at least it wasn't "we like our credibility, never tested positive". When it comes I suspect we might even getter a more complete admission than HWSNBN.
    As you say, his involvement in doping can't be discussed or rationalised yet. But his side of the story will come out, just after all the court cases are settled.

• ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 740
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #69 on: August 25, 2013, 12:58 »
    Johan learned from the best - venga, venga, venga - and was a bright student. He 'accomplished' more with lesser talented riders than his teacher(s). Is he really at fault for being smarter, harder and more ruthless than his teacher(s)?

//end of Devil's Advocate//

The only interesting thing in the interview was the Contador - Slipstream transfer in 2009. Question should be when Johan will be heared, if ever.
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #70 on: August 25, 2013, 13:09 »
    Johan learned from the best - venga, venga, venga - and was a bright student. He 'accomplished' more with lesser talented riders than his teacher(s). Is he really at fault for being smarter, harder and more ruthless than his teacher(s)?

//end of Devil's Advocate//

Yes that would have nice seeing that the Vuelta is underway.

Questions: So Johann can you tell us the truth about ONCE domination at the Vuelta in 1990s and the transformation of Jalabert from a sprinter to a mountain goat? What lessons did you learn from Manolo Saiz??
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #71 on: August 25, 2013, 14:02 »
    If not exactly contrition, which I would never expect from Bruyneel, it was interesting to read a drive-by acknowledgement of his own failure in the Leopard-Trek merger. I never thought Bruyneel the sort to give an inch over anything.

The difference between Fat and Bruyneel though, which the Belgian didn't seem to appreciate, is that Fat could get hired again at some abstract level in the future, provided that he fends off the stink from his own dirt. Bruyneel however is definitively over.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #72 on: August 25, 2013, 19:14 »
    If not exactly contrition, which I would never expect from Bruyneel, it was interesting to read a drive-by acknowledgement of his own failure in the Leopard-Trek merger. I never thought Bruyneel the sort to give an inch over anything.

The difference between Fat and Bruyneel though, which the Belgian didn't seem to appreciate, is that Fat could get hired again at some abstract level in the future, provided that he fends off the stink from his own dirt. Bruyneel however is definitively over.

Pat will move to the bigs

IOC 100%
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3480
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #73 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21 »
    he has proved his corrupt-worthiness ... is an apprenticeship for the IOC
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #74 on: August 26, 2013, 11:45 »
    Bruyneel however is definitively over.

Unless, DS for Team Tinkoff in 2014, I see no moral issues compared to the old team Tinkoff Credit Systems.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #75 on: October 23, 2013, 16:12 »
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #76 on: October 23, 2013, 17:19 »
    Johan last seen heading for the Ecuadorian embassy
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #77 on: October 23, 2013, 17:24 »
    I presume that this is a CAS hearing?
  • ReplyReply

• Gotland

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 397
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 09:47 »
    I guess somenone forgot to set his clock back to winter time this morning.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usada-requests-hamilton-and-others-as-witnesses-in-bruyneel-case
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 14:51 »
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #80 on: November 23, 2013, 07:01 »
  • ReplyReply

• Joachim

• National Champion
    • Liked: 290
    « Reply #81 on: November 23, 2013, 07:48 »
    He's 'done with cycling'

In his own special way, he's probably even more toxic than Armstrong, although probably as bad as each other and not that much worse than many others.

When somebody does the final flush, I hope he disappears round the U-bend, rather than just lurking slightly out of view.
  • ReplyReply
  • "You can't handle the truth"

Colonel Nathan R Jessup

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #82 on: December 18, 2013, 07:06 »
    jesus Hardie is giving evidence :fp

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #83 on: December 18, 2013, 07:12 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    « Reply #85 on: March 06, 2014, 21:26 »
    So Vayer and Bruyneel spend an afternoon together:

https://twitter.com/festinaboy/status/441665602915401728

- discussing scapgoats and inequity

Vayer doesn't seem the sort to keep his mouth shut - the truth will be out soon.

But when will the Bruyneel decision from his arbitration in Dec be revealed?
  • ReplyReply

• jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 720
    • Getting ready for the Artic Race of Norway...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #87 on: March 18, 2014, 10:19 »
    ***Frantically searching for a popcorn smiley***
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #88 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22 »

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/blog/article/statement-johan-bruyneel-regarding-aaa-decision

April 2014 at 08:30

STATEMENT BY JOHAN BRUYNEEL REGARDING THE AAA DECISION

Today, the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) has issued a “decision” which purports to ban me from any participation in sport for 10 years.

I do not dispute that there are certain elements of my career that I wish had been different. Nor do I dispute that doping was a fact of life in the peloton for a considerable period of time. However, a very small minority of us has been used as scapegoats for an entire generation.  There is clearly something wrong with a system that allows only six individuals to be punished as retribution for the sins of an era.

Did the US Postal team really operate “the most sophisticated, professional and successful doping program that sport has ever seen”? This headline-grabber has helped create a staggering industry of books and movies, but reveals only USADA’s talent for self-aggrandizement. The reality is very different. In due course, I will take the time to give a full account of events within my knowledge. In the meantime I would ask you to treat USADA’s partial and self-serving narrative of events with considerable circumspection.

From the very outset of this matter, I have disputed -- and continue to dispute -- the authority or jurisdiction of the AAA and/or the United States Anti-Doping Agency (“USADA”) as it pertains to me.

I am a Belgian national and I reside in the United Kingdom. I have never been a member of USA Cycling, nor any other national governing body of sport based in the United States. I have never signed any document or agreement granting USADA or the AAA any authority over my livelihood or me. None of the anti-doping rule violations alleged by USADA are said to have occurred on US soil. It simply cannot be correct or acceptable that USADA - a US organization - is freely able to determine the livelihood of any individual that it chooses to prosecute, without boundary and without oversight.

USADA, through its actions of “self-proclaiming worldwide jurisdiction”, has prevented the due process of taking course, and more in particular has short-circuited the governing bodies with the real authority and of which I have been a member during all the years of my career

Moreover, I am extremely disappointed with the manner in which the proceedings were conducted. I was not afforded certain crucial procedural safeguards, which are fundamental to ensuring a fair hearing. In particular, on multiple occasions, USADA violated the confidentiality of the proceedings – presumably aimed at prejudicing or manipulating any defense I might present - with almost total impunity. The whole experience has left me with little faith in cycling’s system of dispute resolution.

I am currently debating what my next step should be. I could still challenge the decision of the AAA in the Court of Arbitration for Sport, although that would again require me to put my faith in arbitration. I will shortly decide whether to keep up the fight or carry on and try to expose the hypocrisy of what USADA has put me and others through. 

Johan Bruyneel.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by pastronef
    [August 18, 2017, 21:57]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [August 18, 2017, 19:00]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [August 18, 2017, 17:36]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [August 18, 2017, 05:40]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by t-72