collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
  • Liked: 195
Re: Tracey Gaudry Q & A
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 19:06 »
Cookson outlines his plan for women's cycling during an in depth interview session - we are not talking "tokenism" here - no sirreee.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/sportswomen/10077419/cookson-outlines-plan-for-womens-cycling

So if I heard that correctly and I did because I wrote it down on the second time I heard it because I could not believe I heard it right the first time.

We are going to get "something like a minimum wages in 2 or 3 years". 

So I can't employ a cleaner to help me tidy up a bit at work without paying them the minimum wage.  You can't register a team with the UCI and hire a male cyclist without paying a minimum wage, but the man who made it part of his manifesto pledge in 2013 that within a year there would be a minimum wage for women cyclists says in his great plan we are going to try and "improve visibility of women's cycling" so that in some vague undefined time into the future, there might be something that is like a minimum wage. 

If the new plan is to "improve the visibility of women's cycling" now, what was it before ? 

Let's cut to the chase here.  Tracey ran scared from this Q&A session.  Fluff pieces and being a rare female amongst men in a male orientated sport is good fun providing you are not trying to do something difficult.  Sorting out women's cycling is something difficult and will require some moral courage.  Cookson is two years into his term and is now saying that his  "by the end of year one" pledge is going to be introduced in diluted form at some vague far off point in, probably not in his term.   

With respect, all the excuses for "why not" were all well known well prior to 2013.  The question for both Gaudry and Cookson is, why aren't you committing to making the tough decisions that you knew you would need to make in 2013 if a minimum wage was to be introduced in 12 months, or did you just think we would all forget; because it is a non-answer to say you could not see the problems that lay ahead.  They were the same problems that have lain in front of women's cycling since the late 90's when it became global and you Tracy were participating.

Staggering bit.  I found that clip taken there by Cookson promoting on his twitter feed his masterplan for women's cycling.  38 seconds of it. #something to be proud of   .  I think not.

How about #taking the p i s s ?
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3504
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 02:10 »
    yes I think womens cycling has been just put in the "too hard' basket.

:(
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 20:55 »
    Well we know Brian certainly knows how to spin and BS. 

https://twitter.com/gaudryt/status/788360698799665152

Shot out of the sky.

https://twitter.com/NicoleCooke2012/status/788490136887693312
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 21:25 »
    Yeah - Tracey gets a new full-time job  CEO at the Hawthorns
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-olympic-road-cyclist-tracey-gaudry-to-be-named-hawthorn-chief-executive-20170501-gvw2mb.html

But still wants to do her UCI VP job.  CEO at the Hawthorns is good because it gives her more time with her family ! 

In other news today I see the UCI have some sort of judicial body within the organisation to handle any cases of alleged sexual discrimination. 
    https://twitter.com/dnelissen/status/858978777078145024
    Cool............Somebody needs to report the UCI for sexual discrimination in the minimum wages for riders .............having a women's 500m TT and a 1,000m event for men.......................Having a two person team sprint (ffs how do two people make a team!) and a three person event for men................allowing promoters like the Tour of Yorkshire to put on a multistage event for men but only a single day event for women.....................restricting stage lengths for women and not men.............for restricting number of days max in a stage race for women to be far shorter than men.................. 

I could go on but I think you get the gist, only a deeply sexist organisation like the UCI could take the p1ss like that - "Look at us - report any sexist stuff to us and we will sort it - aren't we just so good". 

Guadry job done...........or nothing much done............marking out time until it is convenient to walk away ?

About as effective as Cookson.
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 18:26 »
    OK so upthread, a few years ago, I suggested that Cookson, having sold the morons his vote winning manifesto pledge to intorudce a minimum wage to Women's cycling in his first year, would not only not do it but would leave office with nothing changed. 

So I am claiming my fiver for getting that one right.  He has gone and nothing is changed.

I also suggested his sidekick - "Aren't we just such a good team - doing so much for women's cycling!" Gaudry would also leave office and move onto new stuff with nothing done.  Well ok she is now CEO of the Hawthorns becasue she needed to lose some work and downgrade to a job where she could spend more time with her child  (I just don't know.  Do  these type of BS merchants just think everyone is a moron ?)  I know there have been a lot of changes at the UCI as the guy, Brian's mate,  who tells the teams when and where motors will be checked for has gone, but is Gaudrey still a VP ?  I presume she needs to do a few more years for it to look real good on her CV so she may well be there and of course it is good for the Leadership team at the UCI to pose for the photos with some females in the group, so they will be keen to have a female on board who has a track record of not rocking the boat and letting the men get on with the real stuff. 
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51 »
    Interesting that you bring this up today of all days ....

Gaudry today was sacked as Hawthorn CEO (well officially resigned but was definitely asked to)

Article is interesting.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorn-sack-chief-executive-tracey-gaudry-after-five-months-in-the-job-20171002-gysl0d.html

• ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #36 on: October 07, 2017, 20:17 »
    Well that was very interesting; many thanks for posting it.  I see that over at the clinic they identify that she is no longer a VP at the UCI.  Anyone any ideas if she is still on the board as oceana rep or is there now she is no longer vp ?
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 00:40 »
    no idea sorry.  The media here are still quoting her as UCI VP ... but honestly they have no clue in relation to cycling so who knows.
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #38 on: October 11, 2017, 18:45 »
    OK so yes she is still a rep for Oceania.  They have a page on facebook and it is full of PR drivel as loved by those in high powered non-jobs.    Next post I will put up a load of it.  Don't consume your life reading it, you know what it will say.  I will make a comment after it.
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #39 on: October 11, 2017, 18:46 »
    The Oceania Cycling Confederation (OCC) congratulates Mr David Lappartient on his election as President of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) in Bergen, Norway on Thursday September 21.

OCC Vice President and Cycling New Zealand Chairman Tony Mitchell was elected to the UCI Management Committee joining Confederation President Tracey Gaudry with Oceania represented by two members for the first time in history.

UCI Management Committee member and OCC President Tracey Gaudry said "The OCC congratulates David Lappartient on his election as President of the UCI. Having worked alongside him for the past four years I know he will make a great impact in cycling globally.

"Today marks an important moment in history for the Oceania region with a second representative elected to the UCI Management Committee for the first time. I congratulate Tony Mitchell on his election. He will be an active champion for cycling on the world stage," concluded Gaudry.

New UCI Management Committee member Tony Mitchell said, "It is a privilege to have the opportunity to serve on the UCI Management Committee. I am looking forward to working with Tracey and David on the progressive agenda outlined for global cycling over the next four years."

Cycling in Oceania will continue to grow in 2018 with eight UCI Road Cycling events for men and women across January and February.

Australia will host the opening two rounds of the UCI World Tour with the Santos Tour Down Under (16-21 January 2018) and the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race (28 January). Both events feature UCI Women's races - the Santos Women's Tour (11-14 January) and Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race (27 January).

The UCI Oceania Tour will expand to include the Gravel and Tar race in New Zealand (27 January) joining the New Zealand Cycle Classic (17-21 January) and Herald Sun Tour (31 January-4 February).

In a sign of the continued growth of women's cycling in the region, the Herald Sun Tour will also feature a UCI Women's race for the first time with the two-day event running January 31 to February 1.

Gaudry said, "We are proud of the progress in the hosting of international cycling events in Australia and New Zealand with a raft of UCI sanctioned MTB and BMX events, and now two new UCI Road events."

Dates and locations of the 2017/18 Oceania Track, Mountain Bike and BMX Championships have also been announced with New Zealand and Australia both hosting events. The 2018 Road Championships will be announced in the coming months.

April will also see Australia host the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast with riders competing in Road, Track and Mountain Bike disciplines.

2018 Oceania Continental Championships
    2018 Oceania Track Championships: 20-23 November 2017 - Cambridge, New Zealand
    2018 Oceania Mountain Bike Championships: 9-11 February 2018 - Dunedin, New Zealand
    2018 Oceania BMX Championships: 21 March 2018 - Bunbury, Australia
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 19:02 »
    Gaudry is full of BS.  Look at this "In a sign of the continued growth of women's cycling in the region, the Herald Sun Tour will also feature a UCI Women's race for the first time with the two-day event running January 31 to February 1.

Gaudry said, "We are proud of the progress in the hosting of international cycling events in Australia and New Zealand with a raft of UCI sanctioned MTB and BMX events, and now two new UCI Road events."

So hold on, Tracey when you were riding "the region" had two women's tours that were both adjuncts to rounds of the World Cup.  One in NZ and the Geelong Tour in Aus.  Becasue they nicely followed each other, and were the season openers for the World Cup and the World Cup had not been emaciated, you got nearly all the women's pro scene over to the southern hemisphere, way more than has ever been in the region since.  Geelong cancelled their women's tour and the world cup citing "lack of money" and then within two years geelong had a "men's only event" that cost more !  Where was our brave leader Tracey to decry this at the time? Oh of course a female doormat that gets the gig by not challenging mysoginistic and biased behaviour, was silent.  Now she goes along with the whole "let's whitewash it ever existed, out of history" press release. 

Get stuffed.  Rather than "continued growth" how about "we are pleased to see a reversal in the decline of opportunites available to female competitors across the region and now we have made a start, albiet a very modest one, to try and return things to how they were 10 to 15 years ago.  Perhaps soon, the competitors of today might have some of the opportunites that were open to female cyclists of a previous generation in this region".

The "blazers" come in all shapes, sizes and sexes !
  • ReplyReply

•