collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10833
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
The Funvic-São José dos Campos funksters
« on: January 26, 2015, 10:22 »
Yes it is early season for the Euro riders and there is much at place re season to come and the different tour ie American v WT, but I raise an eyebrow and was asked on twitter if the forum meltdown or 2

Funvic claimed all three summit finishes on the Tour de San Luis, with Díaz winning atop Mirador del Potrero and the Alto Al Amago before Kleber Da Silva helped himself to stage victory on Saturday’s grand finale at Filo Sierras Comechingones. Indeed, had Alex Diniz, who tested positive for EPO in 2009, not withdrawn suddenly on Friday, citing gastro-enteritis, the team might have taken another step of the final podium to boot.

Díaz is coached by his brother, weighs 1.5kg less than he did a year ago and he confided to Argentina-based website Ciclismointernacional.com on Saturday night that his power-to-weight ratio is now approaching some 6.5W/kg, although he stressed that it was a rough estimate. In the same interview, he credited the remarkable climbing displays of his Funvic teammates to the team’s location in the mountainous hinterland of Campos do Jordão, near São Paolo.

Since returning to race on the America Tour, Díaz has amassed some notable results, particularly in the Tour de San Luis, where the presence of WorldTour riders and teams makes it, in theory at least, an ideal shop window for those looking to make it to the show. Díaz received no offers from European teams after his win two years ago, however, and the manager of one visiting squad on this year’s race told Cyclingnews that he did not envisage that situation changing.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-san-luis-victory-not-a-sure-ticket-to-higher-level-for-diaz

what say you`?
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:57 by LukasCPH, Reason: Dani Díaz is at another team now »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    That article is a badly mixed cocktail of innuendo, isn't it? :lol

A strange mystery indeed but I did not see any of the racing so I cannot offer much more than that. Seems a bit iffy though, in a Tour of Turkey sort of way. More like a shrug of the shoulders than a meltdown.
    :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9542
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    well, he has won the same race two years ago, beating, Tejay, Bertie, Nibali and a doped up Santaclaus
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Wallenquist

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 58
      • Under19Zone
    Same story with Horner. In theory both are great climbers with capability of riding on high level in Europe (despite difference in age) but somehow they are on blacklist.

In both cases there has to be something behind the curtain...
  • ReplyReply
  • My little blog about juniors cycling

Under19Zone

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1308
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    It really wouldn't surprise me at all
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Diaz-la-belle-indifference/531344

GT

The victory of Dani Diaz Argentine champion has not raised an overwhelming enthusiasm, except in his own country. As for the organization, which is already thinking about the 10th, there is still progress to be made.

As in 2013, the Argentine Dani Diaz won the Tour de San Luis in the exercise of a monstrous superiority throughout the week by winning especially during the first two mountain stages. He mainly dominated Nairo Quintana, the test winner last year, while Diaz was only a shadow of himself because, it seems, from a financial dispute with his team of the time San Luis Somos Todos. Spent in the ranks of the Brazilian training Funvic-Sao Jose Dos Campos, the Argentine champion has become a nasty competitor with a much higher level than the one he had hinted during his time in the pros in 2011 in the French team La Pomme Marseille.
    The Funvic team raised questions after the sudden departure before against time Brazilian Alex Diniz, tested positive for EPO in 2009, victim of an intestinal infection when he was third overall. " I learned a lot there ba s, he said. The experience has been really rewarding and I hope to one day return to Europe. " It is precisely the desire to Nairo Quintana who, recognizing Argentina's superiority over the Tour de San Luis, slipped as wink: "I hope to someday pass it on a race in Europe." Diaz will vibrate Argentina, but that's all! As for his team Funvic, it will raised some questions after the sudden departure before against time Brazilian Alex Diniz, tested positive for EPO in 2009, victim of an intestinal infection when he was third overall. To come fill the atmosphere of the race, the victory of another Brazilian Funvic Kléber Da Silva on Saturday when the queen stage to Comechingones, left somewhat perplexed knowing he carried the sixteen kilometers from climb to the top of the race Diaz service and was able to afford more victory.
    A television fiasco

A time to take stock of the 9th edition of the Tour de San Luis, it was clear that the late hours of departure and arrival, some often lengthy transfers were not necessarily unanimity. "It's true this is only the beginning of the season, as the conditions for cycling are ideal, but we could have avoided some fatigue starting earlier " , said Sébastien Hinault, sporting director Brittany Séché Environnement. Blame it on a live TV an hour, first broadcast on the ESPN channel, the organizers announced as an important step for global media coverage of their events. The result ended in a fiasco with a simple TV helicopter flying over the race and losing most of the time the contact with the riders, comments chaining errors identities recognizable runners in the last fifty meters with a meager fixed camera. "That or anything, it's the same " , said a few regulars television broadcasts in Europe.

The revelation Gaviria

The race, the young Colombian Fernando Gaviria, won two stages of the sprint ahead of Mark Cavendish, has been the great revelation of the Tour de San Luis. World Tour teams are already on the lookout while the Briton of Etixx-Quick Step team was able to open his record in 2015 at the last step . Teammate Michal Kwiatkowski it released his rainbow jersey sky without sparks but taking second place in the race against the clock. Thomas Voeckler, who would have liked to show up, will be content with the memory of a motorcycle wheel of a police officer came to hit him in the calf during one of the many waterfalls that marred the race. Finally, it will highlight the beautiful Alexis Vuillermoz ninth place in the queen stage at the top of Comechingones, when he had landed in Argentina with knee pain. Eleventh in general, AG2R-La Mondiale rider would have been entitled to a better place if it had not been the victim of a flat tire, last Thursday at the foot of the final climb to the Alto el Almago, so that it still appeared with the group of favorites.
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 852
    Funvic definitely fail the smell test at this year's San Luis but not by enough that I think any firm proclamations can be made, comparisons to the Tour of Turkey are perhaps unfair due to the difference in calendar position between the two races.

That said, there is a LOT of innuendo-laden dog-whistle language being used in reports about this race.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6243
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    How dare anyone question Dani Diaz? He's as pure as a newborn kitten! :D

Now, joking aside, nothing would surprise me.
    Funvic is a Brazilian team, and about every third Brazilian cyclist of any ability (there aren't that many) has been suspended in the past - so we know that many Brazilians dope. And it's not as if they got pinged at Euro races with strict testing regimes.
    Dani Diaz used to ride in Europe (stagiaire with Footon-Servetto, then a full season with La Pomme) and didn't raise any eyebrows there. Returned home and promptly was second in the 2012 Tour de San Luis.

At the time I thought "oh, he's decent enough after all". It may more be a case of "didn't/couldn't dope in Europe, got sent home, and decided to be the biggest fish in the Argentine pond, 'assistance' and all". ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Diaz had a contract with Geox though and had do drop from WT to continental level when they folded, so he probably lacked a bit of motivation when racing for La Pomme
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3925
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012

Dani Diaz used to ride in Europe (stagiaire with Footon-Servetto, then a full season with La Pomme) and didn't raise any eyebrows there. Returned home and promptly was second in the 2012 Tour de San Luis.

Third*

In these cases I don't understand the need to rewrite history. I'd think it would be better to discuss what actually happened and not what the official records say.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    In these cases I don't understand the need to rewrite history. I'd think it would be better to discuss what actually happened and not what the official records say.
    I didn't want to rewrite history. I just quickly checked him out on CQ, and it said 2nd there. I'm not as much of a Contador fan as you, so understandably I can't remember all of his results, official or not.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1739
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    I didn't want to rewrite history. I just quickly checked him out on CQ, and it said 2nd there. I'm not as much of a Contador fan as you, so understandably I can't remember all of his results, official or not.

Technically speaking I think stating he was 2nd isn't wrong, the use of the word promptly is though, as he first was bumped up later.
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1739
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    I always found this funny with the Vuelta a Colombia as well, from the results it is impossible to guess who will move up, a lot of times the riders that get signed in Europe lose the race big, and end up dominating in Europe. I mean if the winner was clean - then imagine how strong they must be, crazy. Then again Oscar Sevilla hmmm.....
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    No Diaz of course but team has gone Pro-Conti for 2016

I hope they bring the funk  ;)

• ReplyReply

• Murrjt

• A Brother
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 521

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Re: The Funvic-São José dos Campos funksters
    « Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 11:55 »
    Same dealer, obviously.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 12:29 »
    Same dealer, obviously.
    And Rincon had just started his stint with the team on the very day he tested positive. Talk about settling in quickly!
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1555
    « Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 21:39 »

:mood  :mood  :mood
    I am sad but not surprised to learn about this as a number of Brazilian endurance athletes have made great progress and then been caught doping in the last 8 years. When I lived in Brazil a number of my European friends also raised eyebrows at performance trajectories of some football players that were moving to Brazilian clubs and European ones or vice versa. 
    There was a ray of light for me involving the antidoping laboratories in Rio. They were more or less the only laboratory that discovered doping cases in football, but when they started shooting down international superstars (x-Chelsea, x-Barca player Deco) they were thrown out of business for false positives rather quickly and at least in time for the Rio Olympics preparations to continue without further interruptions. I wouldn't speculate if that was a false positive or not.

In a society with rampant corruption, long-term respectful competitive behavior isn't encouraged. There is a pressure from many directions to grab the money and run if you get the chance. How can we expect doping not to be a problem in sports business if all kinds of corruption are a constant plague in business, governmet and aspects of daily life for everyone?   :sick

(see also: Russia)

:mood :mood

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 17:01 »
    mmh

Suspended by the UCI until February 12, the Pro Continental team Soul Brasil has applied for MPCC membership. The request has been accepted on probation. The movement welcomes the team manager Benedito Tadeu's intention to comply with stricter rules. The final membership is to be voted during the next General Assemby meeting on October.

Back in november of last year, Kleber Ramos, João Gaspar and Ramiro Rincon - both team Funvic's riders - were tested positive for doping. The team, now called Soul Brasil, is suspended by the UCI until February 12 as a result of these infractions, which led Aigle to apply this rule inspired by the MPCC.

The South-American team decided not to give up by maintaining its desire to be part of the Pro Continental division. In early January, the team manager Benedito Tadeu made a formal application to the MPCC. He stated: "Immediately the three riders had their contracts broken and they were totally disconnected from the team. We are applying to join the MPCC and we fully accept the regulation. We went through a difficult time in 2016 with these three cases. We would like to fight together with the MPCC against doping."

The movement's philosophy has always been and remains the same: to extend its hand to each and every team and to welcome any candidate's commitment to respect a stricter regulation.

http://www.mpcc.fr/index.php/en/news-uk/item/559-soul-brasil-joins-the-mpcc-to-fight-together-against-doping
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1555
    « Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 22:00 »
    Oh, it is just like Astana, right?  :slow
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    They managed to race the Volta a Catalunya (with only Jordi Simón finishing the race) before being caught again: :fp
    http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-statement-alex-correia-diniz-otavio-bulgarelli-and-the-uci-professional-continental-team-soul-brasil-pro-cycling/

Alex Diniz and Otavio Bulgarelli this time. Both aren't on the roster this year, so these positives must be from 2016.
    The UCI Disciplinary Commission will make a decision on a team suspension (anything between 15 days and a whole year) soon.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Joelsim
    [December 12, 2017, 23:39]

Re: Team Aqua Blue News by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2017, 17:04]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2017, 16:21]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by LukasCPH