collapse

krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
  • Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 2624
  • Donald J Krabkakes
  • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
How a Bicycle is Made (1945)
« on: May 12, 2012, 22:53 »

Iconic brand digs about in the archives and finds this British Council film

Raleigh has today posted a 17 minute, 1945 produced documentary by the British Council showing 'how a bicycle is made'.

Filmed at the firm's Lenton Boulevard, Nottingham factories, resident historian (HR Manager Frank Ellis) tells us that the bike featured in the film was a “Low Gravity Carrier” (a Butcher’s Bike to you and I).

Ellis said: “The guy putting ball bearings in the bottom bracket took me back….he had that authentic piecework dance…people used to say that if you worked at Raleigh long enough you started doing the dance in your sleep!”
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 82
    Re: How a Bicycle is Made (1945)
    « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:49 »

Iconic brand digs about in the archives and finds this British Council film

Raleigh has today posted a 17 minute, 1945 produced documentary by the British Council showing 'how a bicycle is made'.

Filmed at the firm's Lenton Boulevard, Nottingham factories, resident historian (HR Manager Frank Ellis) tells us that the bike featured in the film was a “Low Gravity Carrier” (a Butcher’s Bike to you and I).

Ellis said: “The guy putting ball bearings in the bottom bracket took me back….he had that authentic piecework dance…people used to say that if you worked at Raleigh long enough you started doing the dance in your sleep!”

BRILLIANT!!!
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    Re: How a Bicycle is Made (1945)
    « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28 »
    What a fantastic video. really enjoyed that.

watching these people build bikes like that makes me realise what i do for a living really cannot be called work
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [November 24, 2021, 10:55]