collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10411
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Lloyd Mondory EPO positive
« on: March 10, 2015, 15:14 »
UCI Statement on Lloyd Mondory
10 March 2015
The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) announces that it has notified French rider Lloyd Mondory of an Adverse Analytical Finding of EPO in a sample collected in the scope of an out-of-competition control on 17 February 2015.

The rider has the right to request and attend the analysis of the B sample.

In accordance with the UCI Anti-doping Rules, the rider has been provisionally suspended until the adjudication of the affair.

At this stage of the procedure, the UCI will not comment any further.

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-statement-lloyd-mondory/

Throws the big load of petrol on the fire

Nice timing by the UCI - look CIRC report Look a positive for EPO

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8634
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Re: Lloyd Mondory EPO positive
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 15:34 »
    ugh
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 15:41 »
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 16:53 by Dim »

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 15:47 »
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 16:54 by Dim »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 15:58 »
    I know Mondory is not a big player, but this is flipping February, and he won a stage in Burgos late last season, no reason to come up with "just did it once to secure his contract excuses" - this is bad, very bad. 3rd positive for AG2R in three years, this is the same amount #fluo had - it's time to get rid of that "clean french cycling" myth, and all the "improvement due to the competition becoming clean".

Dumoulin's win last week was an incredible performance. That was his best race in 15 years as a pro. We had 2 Ag2R riders on the Top 5 at the Tour last year. One of them nearly as old as Horner. Betancur is dodgy as hell. Is Ag2R the 2015 Festina? It don't know, and it would be sad, but I would prefer if someone had a closer look at it quickly...
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 16:03 »
    and by the way, we have had microdosing for 10 years or so, the "Epo in 20XX?! Idiot!" argument is nearly as old as Mondory's career. So please, Stef Clement, just shut the flip up.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 16:04 »
    Georges, Houanard and now Mondory.

AG2R the company appears to be one of the most engaged (and most patient) sponsors in pro cycling but I'd be surprised if it tolerates this.

This is really disgusting.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 16:07 »
    I know Mondory is not a big player, but this is flipping February, and he won a stage in Burgos late last season, no reason to come up with "just did it once to secure his contract excuses" - this is bad, very bad. 3rd positive for AG2R in three years, this is the same amount #fluo had - it's time to get rid of that "clean french cycling" myth, and all the "improvement due to the competition becoming clean".

Dumoulin's win last week was an incredible performance. That was his best race in 15 years as a pro. We had 2 Ag2R riders on the Top 5 at the Tour last year. One of them nearly as old as Horner. Betancur is dodgy as hell. Is Ag2R the 2015 Festina? It don't know, and it would be sad, but I would prefer if someone had a closer look at it quickly...

yep my thoughts as well
    were

well that puts a huge hole in the french are clean idea

Cycling is in the middle of arms race 2.0
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 16:22 by Fus87, Reason: spelling :P »

Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1263
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 16:39 »
    #ag2r Vincent Lavenu's reaction:

(gt)

Vincent Lavenu after the announcement of the positive control for EPO Mondery Lloyd: "I am ashamed, I am ashamed, I am ashamed. I think I am no longer able to do this job here, in these conditions. It's too hard. Too much work. Too much of a lifetime investment. The bike is my life. I can not, I can not. It is a mixture of shame, betrayal, the team will be dirty, it's not fair. He called, he wept, but his explanations do not suit me, I told him that he must tell the truth, do not hide behind excuses. It should not stop the team because there are people who are worth, best sponsors, but I can not stand it. It is a betrayal at all levels. It's a real failure. These are moments that we would never want to live every moment we dread a call from the UCI (announcing bad news). It can all happen, the worst thing is that the team is exploding. "

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Vincent-lavenu-j-ai-honte/542096

Edit: and another one from him:

(gt)

Vincent Lavenu, AG2R La Mondiale manager, was struggling to hide her sadness after testing positive for EPO Lloyd Mondory. "I am ashamed. Tears will not change anything, he regrets. I think I am no longer able to do this job then, under these conditions. It's too hard, there is too much work, too much investment. The bike is my life. It is too betrayed. It's the third French in three years kidding, it's amazing. It's a mixture of feelings of shame, betrayal, despair. The team will be soiled, the riders too. It is not just in relation to everything that is done. I hope he has the courage to tell the truth and do not take refuge behind "no, I do not know, I did not take." It can not happen like that, it is not possible. It's still twelve years he is with us this boy. "

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/cyclisme/lavenu-je-ne-suis-plus-capable-de-faire-ce-metier-868300.html
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 16:47 »
    found this on CN, what Mondory himself said about possible dopers in 2009:

(gt)

Before participating in his first Tour de France, Lloyd Mondory did not mince his words against the teams Saxo Bank and Columbia. The AG2R-La Mondiale rider said he was "disgusted to see" resurrect "Fabien Cancellara in the Tour de Suisse. Lloyd Mondory is also tender with Fränk Schleck." I was running against him in junior, when he was in the team of Chateauroux. I was worth. After all we progress differently. But compared to him, I have not progressed all (laughs)! "He says, before recalling that Fränk Schleck has to do anything on a bike if it is proved that a check for 7,000 euros to Dr Fuentes.
    The Tour de Suisse, the behavior of the Columbia team, which recorded seven stage wins, also arrested Mondery. "It's disgusting. When we say that all is well in the bike. But that's disgusting. There are things that seem too big to make you want to believe it" concludes that some Teams may not let go in a breakaway during the three weeks of the Tour ...

http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=5124#ancre1
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1414
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 17:40 »
     Does this third strike put the MPCC in the hot seat again?
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 17:42 »
  • ReplyReply

• Murrjt

• A Brother
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 491
    « Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 17:56 »
    4 weeks if anyone else fails before 11th June 2015 (If that is the date that counts for Sylvain Georges) I think, as well as the usual 2 in 12 months rule, Houanard was more than 2 years ago so counts as expired.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 17:56 »
    Does this third strike put the MPCC in the hot seat again?
    I thought the same MV asked inrng

2012,13 and 15 so not 3 in a 2 year period,  so all ok to stay in MPCC at this stage

edit thought it was 2 years maybe 12 months and 2 as murrjt says anyways all ok
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 20:28 »

Difficult to believe that Lavenu doesn't give a crap about this.

As CIRC hinted, French teams have told their sponsors down the years not to expect too many big things but that they would get their value just from nailed on Tour de France appearances and occasional stage wins.

So I think his rhetorical question "why was this necessary?" is well asked.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 20:44 »
    indeed, but we have seen people living a lie for years - as sad as it is, it's hard to believe anyone, no matter how emotional he is.

I was really angry about this earlier on to be honest. I have always liked Mondory as a rider - he has never really won anything but was with the team for his whole career, and I always liked to read the daily blog on his crappy website, with the cheesy french music starting to play automatically. By reading more or less regularly about his life as a cyclist, about his relationship with the fans and so on, I developed sympathy for him over the years. There are very few riders I had believed to be clean - Mondory was one of them. That's what makes it such a big thing for me, and also so sad in a way.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5653
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 21:11 »
    indeed, but we have seen people living a lie for years - as sad as it is, it's hard to believe anyone, no matter how emotional he is.
    If those weren't his true feelings, he's a damn good actor.

That's what makes it such a big thing for me, and also so sad in a way.
    Yeah, it's always sad when one of your personal favourites goes bust. :(
    I liken it to being told Santa Claus doesn't exist - you knew it already, but you chose to believe. And, as for me, you'll still believe the next time.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2016 Stölting Content Editor; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 11:15 »
    https://twitter.com/cycling_podcast/status/575641756345180161

The team assembled at the start Wednesday’s stage of Paris-Nice, with an emotional Dumoulin reading a letter that they had composed together. BMC’s Amaël Moinard joined them as it was read out.

"We feel badly for our team, our family but also for the French cycling and the entirety of cycling. All these years fighting for our image, which again has been tarnished by the inconsistency of those who prefer to believe that cheating is greater than having the humility to accept their weaknesses,” he said according to L’Équipe.

“We do not want to bury our heads and continue this fight because the truth is that this sport is beautiful, and the men and women who practice it have integrity. For us, the wound will take time to heal but because we received the public support of many of our colleagues and followers of our partners, we are determined to continue our journey, true to our values.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ag2r-la-mondiale-riders-speak-out-after-mondory-positive
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11 »
    comments from other team mates:

Johan Vansummeren: "I've ridden with him in Dubai, the Classica Almeria, and on the Flemish opening weekend. Incidentally he told me, that he would win Almeria. 'And what about Cavendish?!', I asked him - ...well, this is what happens when your demands are bigger than your talent. Apart from that, I don't really know him. He was kind of a dreadful rider, always trying to squeeze in between others. What I can say about his behavior?! Pure stupidity, there's no other word for it.

Jan Bakelants: I am not supposed to justify myself for mistakes other people did. But this is really stupid. AG2R was loyal to him, they gave him a new contract until the end of 2016, although his results did not justify that. But Vincent Lavenu - the goodness himself - supported him and arranged this for him. I don't have the slightest bit of understanding for someone like that. He should damn well get out of this."

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.2267610?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 18:10 »
    there are no real news yet as far as I know, bit here is an interesting note from an interview with Ben Gastauer:

(gt)

Before the season we were told that the sponsor would jump off if there's another doping case. Fortunately this was not the case, otherwise we would all be off the pay role. It is unbelievable that a rider takes that risk knowing that 50 people might lose their jobs.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/sport/story/Remise-en-route-vor-den-Ardennen-29021782
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 11:41 »
    after the positive control, AG2R will invest 750000 EUR on doping prevention next year to monitor the riders even more closely

http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2015/06/04/ag2r-le-temps-des-mesures
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 14:11 »
    https://twitter.com/cyclismedopage/status/800298787348496384

the article is behind a paywall, so I don't really know what this is about. Mainly about Dr Mabuse I think
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 09:49 »
    https://twitter.com/cyclismedopage/status/800298787348496384

the article is behind a paywall, so I don't really know what this is about. Mainly about Dr Mabuse I think

I was surprised to discover through earlier articles that Mondory had been working with Sainz (Mabuse). I must have been looking the other way when that was revealed in June by a French TV documentary.

Sainz had ostensibly disappeared from circulation for some time despite persistent rumours that he was still active in sports since his last conviction for doping horses.

Turns out that, although he stayed away from horses and bikes in the meantime, he is alleged to have found a new outlet in Turkish athletics, the governing body of which claims never to have heard of him. Sainz himself, always ready to talk to journos, disagrees although his Turkish activities were conducted gratis, in return for dinner or to assist an athlete's sick mother.

Sainz is one of the sloppiest facilitators in the history of doping. The positives attributed to him in the last couple of years are now numerous, of which Mondory's is but one.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 10:47 »
    I was surprised to discover through earlier articles that Mondory had been working with Sainz (Mabuse). I must have been looking the other way when that was revealed in June by a French TV documentary.

Sainz had ostensibly disappeared from circulation for some time despite persistent rumours that he was still active in sports since his last conviction for doping horses.

Turns out that, although he stayed away from horses and bikes in the meantime, he is alleged to have found a new outlet in Turkish athletics, the governing body of which claims never to have heard of him. Sainz himself, always ready to talk to journos, disagrees although his Turkish activities were conducted gratis, in return for dinner or to assist an athlete's sick mother.

Sainz is one of the sloppiest facilitators in the history of doping. The positives attributed to him in the last couple of years are now numerous, of which Mondory's is but one.

There is precisely nothing in the anglophone media about the documentary, which aired on June 27. I'm a bit surprised about that, since it also named Jérôme Coppel, Sylvain Chavanel, Pierre-Henri Lecuisinier and Kevin Ledanois, all active in 2016, as former Sainz clients.

All have since distanced themselves from Sainz but Le Monde did not report any firm denials.

Meanwhile French cycling seems to be waiting on the outcome of legal processes around Sainz. Rider representative body the UNCP, whose current president is 1998 Tour ex post facto EPO positive Pascal Chanteur, has already said as much.

For my part, I felt unable to write up records for Coppel and Chavanel, since it is unclear whether they consulted Sainz at a time when he was banned by the UCI, while it is certain that this was the case for Mondory, Ledanois and Lecuisinier.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 10:48 »
    There is precisely nothing in the anglophone media about the documentary, which aired on June 27. I'm a bit surprised about that, since it also named Jérôme Coppel, Sylvain Chavanel, Pierre-Henri Lecuisinier and Kevin Ledanois, all active in 2016, as former Sainz clients.

yeah, it's amazing, I had another look the other day, but there's basically nothing at all
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1235
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 11:00 »

All have since distanced themselves from Sainz but Le Monde did not report any firm denials.

I saw a few reports about the documentary flash by in the summer...and if I have understood correctly it all seemed to be tied up with PHL's parting with FDJ. I may be mistaken, and it may have tied to a completely different rumour. But I didn't know enough about the background to make any sort of sense. I had sort of assumed that these were 'hangovers' from darker days...but the implication of youngsters Ledanois and Lecuisinier says not. I see a foray into the darkside might be necessary.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Monument Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 11:18 »
    I saw a few reports about the documentary flash by in the summer...and if I have understood correctly it all seemed to be tied up with PHL's parting with FDJ. I may be mistaken, and it may have tied to a completely different rumour. But I didn't know enough about the background to make any sort of sense. I had sort of assumed that these were 'hangovers' from darker days...but the implication of youngsters Ledanois and Lecuisinier says not. I see a foray into the darkside might be necessary.

Lecuisinier was very much a next big thing of French cycling. His is a nice little story which I'll share here:

As this Ouest France article points out, he had been junior European Champion in 2011 and come through the Vendée U stable.

By August 2015 however, Lecuisinier was running on empty: his T level was rock bottom and he spent days confined to his bed. He saw a consultant who ran tests and prescribed only rest. Marc Madiot was aware of this and gave him a one-year contract at the rider's request. Lecuisinier was then assisted by contacts of the team and ... Antoine Vayer.

Vayer and Madiot do not get on well, so Vayer insists that Lecuisinier keep their collaboration to himself. Lecuisinier's condition improves in the winter. FDJ check on Lecuisinier and find that he hasn't been producing the data they expected, but nor do the numbers suggest that he has been slacking off.

Called to a meeting Lecuisinier admits to working with Vayer and gets a severe bollocking from Madiot. So much for that. Then there's a massive, glaring gap in the story because it turns out that the documentary was made using information passed on by Peter Pouly, a fairly decorated MTBer, and Lecuisinier, both trained by Vayer.

Preparing for the Tour, Madiot gets wind of this, goes apoplectic and calls Lecuisinier, only reaching his errant young rider four days later. Lecuisinier claims that he was not involved.

Lecuisinier has not competed for FDJ since.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5653
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27 »
    Ledanois? The 2015 U23 #rainbow Ledanois? :o

Well, that is a big story. Not so much because of Ledanois, but because of Coppel and Chava.
    Strange, almost crazy, that there's nothing in the non-French media.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.