collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2962
Re: Qhubeka - winning in a place near you
« Reply #570 on: February 07, 2019, 22:13 »
The coming races will probably give a better idea what it's all about. It'll be also interesting to see how guys like Dumoulin or Kelderman will cope with the Cervelo bike in the time trials then.

That's a good test indeed, but it will be a comparison between the old Giant bike and the new improved Cervelo. Cervelo have this mantra about building bikes for all cyclists and not (only) for the WT top performers, but if they pay to sponsor Tom Dumoulin, wouldn't it make sense to do everything possible to make sure that he remains one of the worlds best in the ITT? 

I wouldn't just tell him "go see if you can find one that fits you, over in that shed there!"  :)

• ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12129
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Re: Qhubeka - winning in a place near you
    « Reply #571 on: February 07, 2019, 22:25 »
    I haven't found anything about a new Cervelo time trial bike, and I'd guess they wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to do a bit of promotion for that, now having Dumoulin in their ranks. But who knows... maybe that's still to come.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7186
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Their previous bike supplier has a comepletely new set of top-of-the-line models for this year, so it does not necessarily carry over to whichever team is sponsored by that supplier now.
    That would be #sunweb who revealed all-new Cervélos at their Berlin launch. I was there. ;)

(PS: can we change the thread title to include Dimension Data, at least in brackets behind the old title? I don't think they use Qhubeka in their name any more?) 
    Done.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean