collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 4482
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
Re: Eurovision
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 20:43 »
Portugal *pt
Leonor Andrade - Há um mar que nos separa

my rating: :Stars: :Stars:
Hmmm I have mixed feelings about this one.
On one hand, I really like the song and I love that it's in Portuguese.
On the other hand I have to question the singer's choice :?
It has such a fairytale like feel to it, she should have ditched the rock chick look and brought it like Zlata Ognevich in  2013

She could have reached the final in that case. Now, not a chance in hell. Portugal doesn't have a great track record anyway, with the majority of their points coming from two countries, Spain and France. And, guess what, those two countries vote in semi-final 1, while Portugal will perform in semi-final 2 :fp
Listen to the studio version:

Even the backing vocals during the chorus make it sound like a fairytale song. Now it's just a mess. Her voice isn't strong enough live to make it a rock song.

Romania *ro
Voltaj - De la capat/All over again

my rating: :Stars: :Stars: :Stars: :Stars:
The only song this year with two languages - Romanian and English. It has a great message, and it sounds really cool in my opinion.
I like that even live they still tell the story with the background

Russia *ru
Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices

my rating: :Stars: :Stars: :Stars: :Stars:
Oh, Russia with a peace ballad, what a shock ;) ;) ;) ;) But this song is well-composed, and the staging looks really good.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs