collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 4490
  • Awards: 2019 Worlds prediction champ2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
Re: Eurovision
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 20:06 »
SF2 Qualifiers:
Lithuania *lt
Montenegro *me
Norway *no
Israel *is
Latvia *lv
Azerbaijan *az
Sweden *se
Cyprus *cy
Slovenia *si
Poland *pl

My top 10:
1 Malta
What a great performance, and WHAT A SHOW! Yet it didn't qualify!!! She must have sung really badly in the jury rehearsals, there's no other way to explain this.

2 Czech Republic
Wow, this really surprised me live! What an awesome performance! And it didn't qualify, sheesh.........

3 Montenegro
Great, as expected, I really loved how the background changed from blue during the first, calm part, to red during the 2nd part. Balkan tune FTW!

4 Ireland
I really enjoyed this, beautifully performed and the background looked amazing too

5 Norway
Good performance, their best yet, but I'm still not quite feeling this song live

6 Slovenia
This looked really good, and sounded good too, but I still can't love this because of the stupid headphones and the air violinist.

7 Sweden
Good enough, not blowing away though. I guess this is the favorite for the win.

8 Azerbaijan
Not as good live, as expected, you can't use a 20-man choir of course. Still, after listening to it for a 2nd time, it is still quite good.

9 Israel
Stupid song, great fun though ;)

10 Poland
Not the best song, not the best live performance, but it was brought beautifully, so I am happy it qualified.

11 to 17 (random order)
Lithuania:
Nothing special, I guess they benefited from being the 1st song of the night

San Marino:
Yeah... this was very bad.. poor San Marino :(

Portugal:
Actually quite good live, and I liked the song, but missed out on my top 10 by a hair

Latvia:
What can I say... hmm.... deserved to qualify, but just not my cup of tea

Iceland:
Glad this didn't qualify, off-key and a stupid Disney song ;)

Switzerland:
This was a good performance actually, the song just isn't strong enough

Cyprus:
Also a good performance, not as bland and boring as the studio version, but still not interesting enough for me. Nice to see it qualify though, always nice to see some unexpected acts in the final :)

A very strong semi-final, with many good candidates for the final, so some nice songs were bound to miss out, still sad to see that out of the 4 songs I really liked, only 1 made it to the final :(
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Recent Posts

Re: Full Mens Rosters 2020 by Leadbelly
    [Today at 05:33]

Re: Retirement announcements by LukasCPH
    [November 13, 2019, 16:53]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [November 13, 2019, 14:36]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by LukasCPH
    [November 13, 2019, 12:09]