collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8141
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Oram -----------> #avanti

Too old to ride for Axeon next year, so on the look out for a new team. Avanti is the obvious choice from a nationality point of view, but has he done enough this year to warrant a contract. Maybe he'll have to set his sights a bit lower with Drapac.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Acevedo ------------> #jamis

Let's just say his time at Garmin and now Cannondale has been rather underwhelming. A few decent results last year, but I think his time at World Tour is up. So why not back to Jamis? I can see Daniel J moving in the opposite direction from CT to WT, so Jamis might have a climbing spot open and they have a decent calendar with the big three US races and San Luis.

:fanfare
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    Let's try and connect the dots for Cycling Academy.

We have a long list of seventeen riders already.....

Nikolaos Iaonnidis (23 anni, Grecia), Masaru Nakazto (23, Giappone), Marko Pavlic (22, Slovenia), Ioannis Spanopoulos (22, Grecia), Mihkel Räim (22, Estonia), Guy Gabay (22, Israele), Guy Sagiv (20, Israele), Aviv Yecheskel (20, Israele), Dan Turek (23, Repubblica Ceca), Lubos Malovec (22, Slovacchia), Emanuel Piaskowy (24, Polonia), Vojtek Migdal (24, Polonia), Max Korus (27 Usa/Israele), Juraj Bellan (19, Slovacchia), Chris Butler (27, Usa), Luis Lemus (23, Messico) e Dan Craven (32, Namibia)

.... but we also know some extra info. Some spots are reserved for Israelis and Italians (unnamed Italians so far). Also if they want to remain as an Israeli registered team then Israelis will have to be the largest grouping.

So I'm putting the four Israelis listed listed above in the team

Gabay
    Sagiv
    Yecheskel
    Korus

Next we have the Italians. Don't know the exact number, but since the team is going to be based in Italy now I'm going with as high a number as possible - three.

Italian #1
    Italian #2
    Italian #3

Daniel Turek is the only one already with a contract, so we can add him to the list.

Turek

So eight spots filled which leaves us with 4-7 left to pick and I'm guessing it's more likely to be the smaller figure. My picks would be.......

Butler
    Craven
    Raim
    Pavlic

.....though Lemus, Piaskowy, Bellan or even Iaonnidis could figure. Of course if they go with 3 Israelis and 2 Italians then numbers would be changed.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    http://www.ciclismo.it/cycling-academy-team-lake-garda-2015-ciclismo-28951

The next day, almost with no rest , they all went for a few hours of ride near Lake Garda, Including a “Full Gas” climb, Eventually won by Mexican rider Luis Lemus. “I know it was only one climb but I felt i have to win”, said Lemus who was riding in the past few years with American Teams and dreams to get a chance to compete in Europe. “Academy had a great first year” he said. “Its a growing team and I hope to get a chance to grow with it”. Laonnidis surprised much better riders then him and came up second. “I hope to be chosen” he said and admitted he will be extremely dissapointed to miss the cut. “But even if they will not choose me I will be grateful for the opportunity”.

Lemus and Iaonnidis maybe moving up the pecking order.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2019, 19:09]

Re: Race news 2020 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [December 12, 2019, 18:20]

Re: Team Sponsorship 19/20 by search
    [December 12, 2019, 10:04]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search
    [December 12, 2019, 08:10]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by al_pacino
    [December 11, 2019, 22:01]

Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling by search
    [December 11, 2019, 17:46]