collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6197
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Women's Cycling Transfers 15-16
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:21 »
Silly season is underway.

First transfer:
Emma J #gew --> #wiggle

Looking forward to her 2016 #champse jersey - should be a full jersey instead of that nonsense #gew gave her.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:19 by just some guy, Reason: Front page »
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/08/emma-johnasson-joins-wiggle-honda-on-two-year-contract/

Emma J confirms that she'll retire after the Rio Olympics. Won't do the 2016 Worlds (the Qatar route doesn't suit her).
    But she's signed a two-year deal with #wiggle - so she'll stay involved with the team in some capacity even after retirement.
  • ReplyReply

• Vimto

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 130

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10826
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Anna van der Breggen re-upped with #rabofem for 1 more year
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Re Emma she has been talking kids after Rio for years so not that unexpected she will retire

and TBH I am not sure I like the move no idea why as I like Wiggle but anyways

re this season I want Tiff to go to a team that makes her a bike rider again do not care where

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 68
    Re: Women's Cycling: Transfers and Rumours 2015-16
    « Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11 »
    Amy Pieters to Wiggle Honda..

https://twitter.com/WiggleHonda/status/638593789154729984

I like Amy, not a huge fan of her signing for Wiggle. I can't see how she'd get anywhere near the amount of chances she gets at Liv-Plantur or another team that's not overly full with talent like Wiggle is.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 10:22 »
    Amy Pieters to Wiggle Honda..

https://twitter.com/WiggleHonda/status/638593789154729984

I like Amy, not a huge fan of her signing for Wiggle. I can't see how she'd get anywhere near the amount of chances she gets at Liv-Plantur or another team that's not overly full with talent like Wiggle is.

Agree I do wonder if Chloe and Giorgia Bronzini are on the way out from Wiggle and I would not be surprised if Rochelle offers a lifeline to Tiff the  more I think about it

We discussed Orica reunite of course on twitter but .....
  • ReplyReply

• ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 10:31 »
    Agree I do wonder if Chloe and Giorgia Bronzini are on the way out from Wiggle and I would not be surprised if Rochelle offers a lifeline to Tiff the  more I think about it

We discussed Orica reunite of course on twitter but .....

I expect Bronzini to stay, no idea about Chloe or Tiff honestly. I could see them both staying where they are (the new Canyon team in Tiff's case), but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd move either.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    https://twitter.com/RaboLiv/status/639022495585161216

Pretty remarkable, just one change to the team, Anna Knauer out, Yara Kastelijn in. Though Rabo has had a stable team for the last few years really. Most of you won't know Yara, but she's a super talented road/cx cyclist. Helen Wyman thinks she's a future cx world champ, and I think she might be right.
  • ReplyReply

• ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    Boels has announced that Megan Guarnier has renewed her contract. That means they've signed Armitstead, Van Dijk, Blaak, Guarnier, Stevens and Dideriksen for next season.

Post Merge: September 07, 2015, 15:41
    And another one that I've forgotten to mention: Ashleigh Moolman and Lotta Lepistö renew at Bigla for next year. Not all is well at Bigla though, from what I've heard some riders aren't too happy about how things are going. I guess we knew that already with Shelley Olds leaving the team earlier.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 15:41 by ConfusedSpider, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    Lisa Klein and Clara Koppenburg extend at Bigla, and they've signed the reigning world champion in the points race, Stephanie Pohl.
  • ReplyReply

• ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    Lucy Garner to Wiggle.. Surely some of their current riders have to leave, otherwise I don't see how they're going to fit 7 riders with a good sprint into one team without some of them getting no sprint chances what so ever. It's also a bit weird, you already have so many sprinters, surely signing another one is pointless? I guess Garner is good for the British sponsor, but why not sign a rider that makes your team better in an area you're not that good yet? Wiggle could use one or two good time trialists, or some more support for Abbott (if she's staying) and Longo Borghini for the Giro.

It also makes me wonder how Liv-Plantur is going to look next season, Wild left, now Pieters and Garner.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    It also makes me wonder how Liv-Plantur is going to look next season, Wild left, now Pieters and Garner.

Crap year for the 'other' Liv team. That leaves Mackaij and Lichtenberg as capable riders and maybe Mustonen and Stultiens, although neither of those last two have done much since joining. Is this team still going to function in 2016?

Garner seems to have struggled so far at senior level after bursting in with those two world junior titles. Interesting to see if she can step it (back) up.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    Crap year for the 'other' Liv team. That leaves Mackaij and Lichtenberg as capable riders and maybe Mustonen and Stultiens, although neither of those last two have done much since joining. Is this team still going to function in 2016?

Stultiens is still a solid rider I think, she has showed quite a bit of promise in the climbing races this year, just had a few crashes. On stage 2 of the Giro she made the front group with the best in the race but crashed on the descent (with Abbott), Abbott's bike was OK, Stultiens wasn't > out of the lead group. At the U23 European championships she crashed and had a concussion. She hasn't raced since because of it. In short, the results haven't been there, but she's shown strenght in the harder races, with her age, the results will come.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    If nothing Rochelle will have a short term plan and long term plan , power points set up and be seen from to outside as being super positive, but unwanted riders will be discarded without a thought.

Not sure why but Wiggle starting to become a less favourite team
  • ReplyReply

• Vimto

• Domestic Rider
    This transfer doesn't exactly fill me with joy either.  I wonder if the tactics for Wiggle next year will be to try and win just on sheer volume of riders in a small bunch sprint at the end of a race.  Which is, lets be honest, how most women's races are won.

I am concerned about what is happening to Liv Plantur.  I really get the feeling that they're running down the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is closed after this Olympic cycle has ended.

It is interesting that the 'biggest' teams in Women's cycling are the ones that stand alone from any men's team. I don't really count Orica as I think they'll really struggle next year without Emma J.

It demonstrates to me that creating a rule that Men's teams should have a women's team is a really bad idea.

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    I think Orica will be ok, but will be very very young there will not be the big wins unless Nylen goesreally well. But lets face it EMMAJ doesn´t win much
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Boels has announced that Megan Guarnier has renewed her contract. That means they've signed Armitstead, Van Dijk, Blaak, Guarnier, Stevens and Dideriksen for next season.

Post Merge: September 07, 2015, 15:41
    And another one that I've forgotten to mention: Ashleigh Moolman and Lotta Lepistö renew at Bigla for next year. Not all is well at Bigla though, from what I've heard some riders aren't too happy about how things are going. I guess we knew that already with Shelley Olds leaving the team earlier.

The olds transfer I am not sure that shows much re all not well at Bigla

3 new teams in 3 years with mid season transfers indicates more of a rider issue IMHO
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Carmen Small re-ups with #bigla
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    The olds transfer I am not sure that shows much re all not well at Bigla

3 new teams in 3 years with mid season transfers indicates more of a rider issue IMHO

It could be, but I'm starting to suspect money issues at Bigla. Remember that they pulled out of the Energiewacht Tour last second and said the fee they had to pay was too high? What was really interesting is that they didn't get support from any other team, Karl Lima was even making jokes about it. Now they're skipping the worlds TTT, after a great performance in Vargarda and having Thomas Campana, Van Vleuten, Small and Slappendel on the team. Clearly a team made for TTT's. It was even the reason Iris signed with Bigla> she kept missing out on the TTT's at Rabo, so she hoped to relive the Cervelo days with Campana at Bigla. Quite hard to do when you skip worlds.. I was told of a Bigla rider that wouldn't come into action anymore this season, the reason given was vague, but it did hint towards money issues. Interestingly that rider has recently raced again with the team, so it looks like that solved that conflict for now atleast, though it will be interesting to see if that rider and the team will still be a thing next year.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Iris Slappendel to leave Bigla

• ReplyReply

• ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    Iris Slappendel to leave Bigla

''so it looks like that solved that conflict for now atleast, though it will be interesting to see if that rider and the team will still be a thing next year.''

So the answer is no, they won't be a thing next year  ;)  I wonder if Van Vleuten stays, the two came together from Rabo on initiation of Iris, she now leaves the team and not on a good note.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    ''so it looks like that solved that conflict for now atleast, though it will be interesting to see if that rider and the team will still be a thing next year.''

So the answer is no, they won't be a thing next year  ;)  I wonder if Van Vleuten stays, the two came together from Rabo on initiation of Iris, she now leaves the team and not on a good note.

indeed you were right not all seems right is the House of Bigla
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

ConfusedSpider

• Domestic Rider
    Sounds like Fahlin is one of the riders that will have to leave Wiggle-Honda to make room for their new signings:

https://twitter.com/EmiliaFahlin/status/645954014018961408
  • ReplyReply

• Vimto

• Domestic Rider
    It could be, but I'm starting to suspect money issues at Bigla.

I seem to recall previous issues where Bigla weren't paying their riders, so I can believe it.  It always worries me, when I hear other riders re-sign for teams in these situations. I wonder what can be in it for them, if the expectation is that, despite contracts, they won't get paid. Did they never expect to get paid in the first place?

I'm surprised to hear that Carmen Small has extended her contract if there are big problems in the team, she's never struck me as someone who would put up with this kind of sh*t!

In other transfer news, has anyone heard where Emilia Fahlin is going? And has there been any more news about the new Velocio/Canyon team that may start next year?

• ReplyReply

•